Page 37 of 56 FirstFirst ... 27 36 37 38 47 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump, his bullshit never stops

My Ride
    Eclipse

click for larger version
    » Click image for larger version

Remove if inappropriate
    Originally posted by beemerm3
    so if we only seen 5 % of the oceans why not drain them or somethin lol or can u even transfer water from one ocean to another??? think of all the stuff u'd find treasures n eerything.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Do you have a point to go along with that post?

You would think Trumpy would rank higher than that no?
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

I still find it fascinating how most Canadians are more concerned about the shitty leadership in the US rather than the shitty leadership in Canada.

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Quote Originally Posted by vengie View Post
    I still find it fascinating how most Canadians are more concerned about the shitty leadership in the US rather than the shitty leadership in Canada.
    I think most of us care about both ... its just right now they are having an election and things are changing versus Canada is a ways away until any election changes.

Quote Originally Posted by pheoxs View Post
    I think most of us care about both ... its just right now they are having an election and things are changing versus Canada is a ways away until any election changes.
    I disagree.

When Trudeau has a MASSIVE scandal (aka WE Charity), I don't hear a peep from anyone, but if Trump says just about anything its always front and center and a talking point.

I'm not grouping Beyond in the group who doesn't care, we have at least discussed it. I am more referring to society in general.

Just an observation.

There is no Federal election happening in Canada right now to talk about.

Even if there was, I think part of the reason is that anyone outside of Ontario and Quebec has almost zero influence on the Federal election outcomes so they may not care as much.

Also, the US election seasons are not only longer, but a million times more entertaining, so naturally they are going to get much more interest and press coverage.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    There is no Federal election happening in Canada right now to talk about.

Even if there was, I think part of the reason is that anyone outside of Ontario and Quebec has almost zero influence on the Federal election outcomes so they may not care as much.

Also, the US election seasons are not only longer, but a million times more entertaining, so naturally they are going to get much more interest and press coverage.
    Zero discussion about the NDP supporting the throne speech, another $57billion announced in spending with the house unable to debate it.
    Essentially Trudeau is running a social dictatorship, but yeah, Trump and shit.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

I disagree.

When Trudeau has a MASSIVE scandal (aka WE Charity), I don't hear a peep from anyone, but if Trump says just about anything its always front and center and a talking point.

I'm not grouping Beyond in the group who doesn't care, we have at least discussed it. I am more referring to society in general.

Just an observation.
    Pretty sure the % of the population who even knows about the WE scandal is very low.

Canadians are a meek agnostic group of people as a general statement. The real problem is most Canadians dgaf about anything in reality, and allow our policies to be dictated by a vocal minority.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.

I disagree.

Just an observation.
    That was not my observation. Quite a few people on my feed posting about the WE scandal. Even more than the India trip clothing debacle.

My Ride
    Eclipse

I think we should care more about the Canadian election but the US election is pretty important to Canadians.

Considering most of my money is in USD and the USD is the world reserve currency it does play a big role worldwide to non-Americans as well.
    so if we only seen 5 % of the oceans why not drain them or somethin lol or can u even transfer water from one ocean to another??? think of all the stuff u'd find treasures n eerything.

Zero discussion about the NDP supporting the throne speech, another $57billion announced in spending with the house unable to debate it.
    Essentially Trudeau is running a social dictatorship, but yeah, Trump and shit.
    I see your point, but how is that entertaining? The impression I get is that's what most people are after. Also, I think the USA election outcome does have an effect on lots of Canadians, especially if you have property or investments in USD.

A 74 year old man throwing a public temper tantrum though, now something like that is much more entertaining to the average person haha.

The world news cycles are always going to be a lot more focused on the USA as well, so even the little things get a lot more exposure.

As someone who has no real say in the Federal election outcomes, if you're going to take an interest in politics, the clown show South of the boarder is far more interesting in my opinion. Americans not living in battlegroud states might feel the same way, too. I'd rather read hilarious things about Trump than depressing things about Trudeau that I can't change.

My Ride
    Bunch of Honda's

I'm sure all the Trudeau complaining is being posted in the "Trudeau, his bullshit never stops' thread.

Also Trump is a useless, lying sack of shit. And Biden is a babbling old man. Like other posters have said its embarrassing for that country that is the best 2 candidates they can come up with.

Quote Originally Posted by 88CRX View Post
    I'm sure all the Trudeau complaining is being posted in the "Trudeau, his bullshit never stops' thread.

Also Trump is a useless, lying sack of shit. And Biden is a babbling old man. Like other posters have said its embarrassing for that country that is the best 2 candidates they can come up with.
    I mean you missed the part where I specifically mentioned beyond as an outlier.

My observations are with society in general and the lack of awareness of what's happening in our own country, but can tell you everything that's happening with Trump.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kobe View Post
    I think we should care more about the Canadian election but the US election is pretty important to Canadians.

Considering most of my money is in USD and the USD is the world reserve currency it does play a big role worldwide to non-Americans as well.
    Why should I care?
    I don't pay taxes in the states, our Canadian currency is worth fuck all to the USD, our country is $1 Trillion+ in debt.

Sounds like we should be working on ourselves rather than caring about elsewhere, No?

My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.

Sounds like we should be working on ourselves rather than caring about elsewhere, No?
    So that means we can't discuss events outside of Canada? What exactly are your expectations, here?

Quote Originally Posted by A790 View Post
    So that means we can't discuss events outside of Canada? What exactly are your expectations, here?
    My expectations are for people to understand that I made a statement of observations that the vast majority Canadians need to pay attention to what's happening in our own country rather than worry about what's happening south of the border.

I'm not speaking about beyond specifically which I feel I have made abundantly clear through multiple posts.

People have been awfully quiet about the disaster that is our provincial government. The silence has been deafening.

Quote Originally Posted by kertejud2 View Post
    about the disaster that is our provincial government.
    In your opinion.

I'd imagine the word "disaster" in your vocabulary is similarily twisted along the lines of what is a "white supremecist" in the left's eyes. A definition wholly removed from what the word means.

Kertejud2, his bullshit never stops

Would be a good thread title. Not that it is surprising most TDS sufferers also are afflicted by the ABCs.

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by 88CRX View Post

It is obviously not the best they can come up with. The nomination (and presidency) is certainly not a meritocracy.

My Ride
    Eclipse

Why should I care?
    I don't pay taxes in the states, our Canadian currency is worth fuck all to the USD, our country is $1 Trillion+ in debt.

Think about it with trade, how we get oil, electronics, Vehicles, Electrical machinery, Mineral fuels etc.

Do we trade in CAD or in currencies of other countries? Do we trade in USD?

If for example 1USD = 1CAD and we want buy 10,000 computers at $1,000usd each this would come out to $10,000,000CAD however if we wanted to purchase 10,000 computers at $1,000usd but our dollar is weaker compared to the USD say the current rate

1USD = 1.33093CAD

we will still spend $10,000,000USD but now it will be $13,309,268.42CAD

Every single currency is pegged to the USD you can look at the dollar index value by searching "DXY"

If the demand for the USD goes up (as all countries use it to trade, aka why smart money is now long on USD) it will mean the USD will be stronger and the CAD will be weaker.

Or vice versa, so yes this does effect you even if you do not see it currently on a regular basis.

click for larger version
    » Click image for larger version

Regarding Debt

Fed Balance Sheet: https://tradingeconomics.com/canada/...-balance-sheet

Gov Debt: https://tradingeconomics.com/canada/government-debt

Ask yourself why we started to get in debt what happened around 1970 that started to increase the government debt and the Fed Balance Sheet, Something BIG happened in the USA with Nixon but I'll let you google that if you are interested in why it's important.

Not saying politics is canada are not important of course they are but America does play an influence in our economy even if you do not pay taxes to America and as this thread is about America and Trump please feel free to go rant about the Canadian government elsewhere (Yes it's important but so in American Politics for us)

When america had the housing crisis in 2008 why did it effect Canada we didn't how much to do with it? (This is an opinion I can not confirm they were correlated maybe someone else can clarify how/why it effected us, I'm not an economist)
    Last edited by Kobe; 09-30-2020 at 05:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by zechs View Post
    In your opinion.
    Can’t describe a government any other way that outspent and out-deficited (even pre-Covid) the NDP while raising taxes and fees on people and reducing service. A spectacular level of fiscal incompetence.

I'd imagine the word "disaster" in your vocabulary is similarily twisted along the lines of what is a "white supremecist" in the left's eyes. A definition wholly removed from what the word means.
    If the NDP was described as a disaster for their fiscal stewardship, then a party that has done even worse fits the bill pretty good.

Not that it is surprising most TDS sufferers also are afflicted by the ABCs.
    Seeing all the Trudeau talk in a Trump thread, how do you fail to see the irony in throwing around the TDS label as a defense mechanism?

Page 37 of 56 FirstFirst ... 27 36 37 38 47 ... LastLast