My Ride
    is faster than yours

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Who wants to be manipulated?
    Are you offering??

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    I can only speak for myself but I'm not invested in anything - I participate for my own entertainment. I have mentioned several times here that I am interested in the proceedings for entertainment purposes. I think everyone knows the outcomes have no effect on us whatsoever, it's just fun to watch the circus and some of it I find genuinely interesting as I learn more about the facets of American politics that you don't see every year. Again, as I said before, I hope nobody here is taking any of this too seriously.

I sleep well at night regardless of what happens in trumpland (okay maybe not so well at night, but that's cuz of my newborn and toddler). I don't have as much time to watch TV shows any more, so this is a replacement form of entertainment for me. I like having civil arguments with people over the internet so it truly is all in good fun for me even if it might not seem like it.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

I just wonder what % of congresses time is spent being pouty about trump, versus actually legislating and running the country.

I don’t follow much of this stuff, I find the whole trump situation remarkably unentertaining, but I’m not convinced Pelosi has thought about anything aside from Donald in her entire tenure as speaker.

I guess I just naively assumed Congress has better thing to do than constantly work to undermine the president.

I don’t remember this level of theatre from the republican Congress when Obama was president, and the republicans sure disliked him at least as much as the dems hate trump.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    I just wonder what % of congresses time is spent being pouty about trump, versus actually legislating and running the country.

I don’t follow much of this stuff, but I’m not convinced Pelosi has thought about anything aside from Donald in her entire tenure as speaker.

I guess I just naively assumed Congress has better thing to do than constantly work to undermine the president.
    You end up with a lot of free time when you don't spend all day blocking pipelines and apologizing.
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

I don’t remember this level of theatre from the republican Congress when Obama was president, and the republicans sure disliked him at least as much as the dems hate trump.
    Maybe because they didn't have a leg to stand on for impeaching Obama? I mean, they wanted to impeach him for getting healthcare to all Americans FFS.

Also, most of them were around during Clinton's impeachment, and saw first hand how it backfired on them.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Quote Originally Posted by Tik-Tok View Post
    Maybe because they didn't have a leg to stand on for impeaching Obama?
    Turns out, neither did the Democrats for trump, but that didn’t stop them. I mean if making up fake crimes is on the table you can impeach someone for anything.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    Silverado

Trump has referred to Congress as the 'do nothing democrats' so probably not much.

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

I don’t follow much of this stuff, I find the whole trump situation remarkably unentertaining, but I’m not convinced Pelosi has thought about anything aside from Donald in her entire tenure as speaker.

Well the house has passed almost 300 bills that just sit on McConnels desk because he refuses to bring them to a vote .... so given that almost nothing they pass will get through anyways it's not really taking away from legislative activities.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtsniffer View Post
    Trump has referred to Congress as the 'do nothing democrats' so probably not much.
    I’m pretty sure you’re kidding, but anyways it’s demonstrably false. Almost 400 bills passed in 2019 alone, even during the impeachment stuff
    https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.vox....emocrats-trump

They all die in McConnell’s legislative graveyard as it’s known. He doesn’t even mind being known as the grim reaper of bills.

Don’t get me wrong, of course you can’t expect every bill to be debated especially coming from the opposite party controlled chamber, but he even blocks bipartisan national security stuff like protecting election security.

Oh dear, it looks like this will have to be another page of "why do you guys care so much about Trump, what a bunch of nerds". Maybe give them a page or 2 to act like they know anything about anything before once again pretending to not care.

Turns out, neither did the Democrats for trump, but that didn’t stop them. I mean if making up fake crimes is on the table you can impeach someone for anything.
    You can't be serious haha.

The reason he wasn't removed was because his party controlled the entire trial with a majority and they blocked witness testimony which would be extremely damning. It would be like if you went to trial, but the jury was just a bunch of your buddies and people who were afraid of you.

If you care to read the Mueller report (or the summaries), a tiny percentage of his crimes are laid out in an easy to understand manner with all supporting evidence. Many more are currently being litigated. A recommendation to charge him couldn't' be made due to a DOJ memo from years ago stating that you can't indict a sitting president.

An innocent person would want wittiness at their trial, and they wouldn't spend millions of dollars and the majority of their time trying to prevent certain information from coming to light. An innocent person doesn't prioritize the appointment of a personal tax lawyer team over the AG of the United States. The examples are endless haha.
    Last edited by Mitsu3000gt; 02-06-2020 at 02:29 PM.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

In any kind of trial, the actions of an innocent and guilty person are identical. They always act to prevent a conviction.
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    In any kind of trial, the actions of an innocent and guilty person are identical. They always act to prevent a conviction.
    Seemed unnecessary in this trial since the prosecutes were sure as hell not trying to get a conviction.

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

The recent back-and-forth with Barr is really showcasing how stable of a genius this man is!
    Ultracrepidarian

Quote Originally Posted by msommers View Post
    The recent back-and-forth with Barr is really showcasing how stable of a genius this man is!
    I can't help but wonder if it's all for show, Barr is as shady as they come and was brought out of retirement specifically to distort the narrative of the Mueller report, to which he gladly obliged. He also has so far failed to recuse himself from several blatant conflicts of interest, and most recently has been trying to alter the sentencing guidelines for Roger Stone recommended by Barr's own prosecutors, who all subsequently resigned as a result. I guess we'll see what happens - if it's real, I'm sure Trump has another lap dog lined up for the AG position.
    Last edited by Mitsu3000gt; 02-14-2020 at 03:47 PM.

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Wwpd
    Ultracrepidarian

Pretty interesting if true:

Donald Trump 'offered Julian Assange a pardon if he denied Russia link to hack'
    https://www.theguardian.com/media/20...hack-wikileaks

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

Haha nice - every politician makes deals. Turnip man is no different. Ask Ukraine. Maybe they should have impeached him over something like this instead.... LOL

Russia was definitely involved at some level - esp. with the HRC email debacle - is there any question about this? The Americans fuck around with elections from all over the world - probably 10x more than Russia.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Gotta spread a little freedom around. By force if necessary.

My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.

Quote Originally Posted by revelations View Post
    Haha nice - every politician makes deals. Turnip man is no different. Ask Ukraine. Maybe they should have impeached him over something like this instead.... LOL

Russia was definitely involved at some level - esp. with the HRC email debacle - is there any question about this? The Americans fuck around with elections from all over the world - probably 10x more than Russia.
    Ah, classic.

"Everyone does it" followed by a whataboutism. Works pretty well when the offender is on your team, eh?

Page 28 of 56 FirstFirst ... 18 27 28 29 38 ... LastLast