Quantcast
Trump, his bullshit never stops - Page 18 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 18 of 56 FirstFirst ... 8 17 18 19 28 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump, his bullshit never stops

Gotta be like the Finns, keep that Forest floor immaculate

Quote Originally Posted by mazdavirgin View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

The man is straight off his rocker senile. Someone needs to take him away and check him into the old folks home for the demented.

What is the issue? These are common things done for fire management in high risk areas. Or are you pointing out how off his rocker the California Governor is? That would make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Misterman View Post
    What is the issue? These are common things done for fire management in high risk areas. Or are you pointing out how off his rocker the California Governor is? That would make sense.
    So how does it feel to go through life as such a misinformed moron? No one rakes the forest floor never mind in Finland. This is about as idiotic as trying to buy Greenland.

Starts at 4:50
    Last edited by mazdavirgin; 11-03-2019 at 02:21 PM.

So how does it feel to go through life as such a misinformed moron? No one rakes the forest floor never mind in Finland. This is about as idiotic as trying to buy Greenland.

Starts at 4:50

Good ol lefties. Just add whatever context or wording they need to make it a "fuck Trump" story. Like the saying goes, never let the truth get in the way of a good story. Troll on brother!

My Ride
    Ford F150

Posting a source from a late night comedy show is probably not the best way to convince someone.
    I can eat more hot wings than you.

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

Just read an article on Zerohedge (sometimes about as reliable as late night comedy shows) where Assad talks about turnip man - he feels that trump is the most 'transparent' president ever because, unlike Obama, etc. he doesnt hide behind platitudes and moral high ground - only to do the opposite of what they said. Trump said he went after the syrian oil fields, because no bs - its in americas interest ..... lol

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-a9183221.html

“All American presidents commit crimes and end up taking the Nobel Prize and appear as a defender of human rights and the ‘unique’ and ‘brilliant’ American or Western principles,” he continued, “but all they are is a group of criminals who only represent the interests of the American lobbies of large corporations in weapons, oil and others.”

Story Continued Below
    Assad asserted that Trump, however, “speaks with transparency to say, ‘We want the oil,’” adding: “What do we want more than a transparent foe?”
    Last edited by revelations; 11-03-2019 at 02:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CompletelyNumb View Post
    Posting a source from a late night comedy show is probably not the best way to convince someone.
    I'm not trying to convince any of these nitwits I'm just laughing my ass off at how hilarious the whole trump going senile affair is playing itself out. You can't make comedy gold like this. Truth is in fact very much stranger than fiction.

My Ride
    Ford F150

I'm not trying to convince any of these nitwits I'm just laughing my ass off at how hilarious the whole trump going senile affair is playing itself out. You can't make comedy gold like this. Truth is in fact very much stranger than fiction.
    Word up. Another term as President should provide ample material for everyone. I'm waiting for the presidential reality show to fire up
    I can eat more hot wings than you.

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Quote Originally Posted by CompletelyNumb View Post
    Word up. Another term as President should provide ample material for everyone. I'm waiting for the presidential reality show to fire up
    I just want him impeached for the "You're fired" jokes

On a side note: Not well media covered, but Germany did sell 30 year bonds at -0.11%.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/ge...nds-2019-08-21

"The German sale adds to the roughly $15 trillion of negative-yielding bonds outstanding world-wide, many of which are from European governments or are state-sponsored agency bonds. It also adds to the smaller—but still significant—amount of new bonds that have been sold with a negative yield at issue."

I can understand why you would want to do so, Germany has latent wealth but also productive factories and has never throughout most of history ever been accused of being lazy. So taking the small hit every year is worth it to lock onto a country that will more or less still be around if a global recession hits.
    Cocoa $10,000 per ton.

My Ride
    Eclipse

Quote Originally Posted by ZenOps View Post
    On a side note: Not well media covered, but Germany did sell 30 year bonds at -0.11%.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/ge...nds-2019-08-21

"The German sale adds to the roughly $15 trillion of negative-yielding bonds outstanding world-wide, many of which are from European governments or are state-sponsored agency bonds. It also adds to the smaller—but still significant—amount of new bonds that have been sold with a negative yield at issue."

I can understand why you would want to do so, Germany has latent wealth but also productive factories and has never throughout most of history ever been accused of being lazy. So taking the small hit every year is worth it to lock onto a country that will more or less still be around if a global recession hits.
    You ever wonder why there are movies like the "Big short" or "Drug short" (Netflix doc) and how it happens after the fact, there will be a movie on the USA after it comes tumbling down, it's so sick how much wrong there is with the US stock markets right now, the bonds, the debts and just everything basically..

Check Apples stock price vs revenues, check what happened with netflix when Disney released it will not allow its content anymore.. Kept going up for awhile..

You have the media keeping quiet about US rates being cut another .25% recently, and it's just beginning right now.

*As much as I dislike Trump, i dont blame him for all of this, his just really making the problem a lot worse for every country when it happens.

Edit: I've sad it before, i've bet against it, but I see very "bad" things happening to the USA a couple months before the US presidential election, if they want change this is when it has to happen. I do wish i bet more previously but there is a lot of US stocks I'd love to short when they hit all-time highs very soon here.
    Last edited by Kobe; 11-03-2019 at 09:05 PM.
    Originally posted by beemerm3
    so if we only seen 5 % of the oceans why not drain them or somethin lol or can u even transfer water from one ocean to another??? think of all the stuff u'd find treasures n eerything.

Massive if true:
    https://spectator.us/seven-whistlebl...er-bin-salman/

It is that Kushner (allegedly) gave the green light to MBS to arrest the dissident journalist, Jamal Khashoggi, who was later murdered and dismembered in the Saudi consulate in Istanbul. A second source tells Cockburn that this is true and adds a crucial twist to the story. This source claims that Turkish intelligence obtained an intercept of the call between Kushner and MBS. And President Erdogan used it to get Trump to roll over and pull American troops out of northern Syria before the Turks invaded.

Yup, the big money is all neatly tucked away in negative bonds. Literally paying people to keep money safe. This does not bode well for the next decade to 30 years.

If it does all end up falling apart, I can say it was at least fun - had some shits and giggles. Gen Z will ultimately have to figure out how to get things back on track, because millennials can't even open a tin of tuna.
    Cocoa $10,000 per ton.

Trump hugs MAGA hat guy.

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/trump...ld-series-maga

Bwahahaha! The circus is real.
    Cocoa $10,000 per ton.

With the impeachment inquiry live now I thought this thread would get some chatter. Interesting seeing that there is zero evidence to support the hearing thus far. It was expected, but interesting.

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

With the impeachment inquiry live now I thought this thread would get some chatter. Interesting seeing that there is zero evidence to support the hearing thus far. It was expected, but interesting.
    Umm, what? There's just better places to discuss whats going on with people that are actually paying attention and not blindly drinking the trump koolaid.

Literally every person that has testified so far has added information that makes the situation for Trump worse. Vodkler and Morrison were witnesses that the republicans called and still hurt Trumps case.

Hill - Gave new evidence of a phone call overheard between Sondland and Trump which leads to David Holmes being added to testify today
    Yovanovitch - Trump starts tweeting trying to de-credit her career mid testimony even though one of the articles of impeachment is obstructure of justice
    Volker: "I think the allegations against Biden are self-serving and not credible"
    Morrison - Threw Sondland under the bus which led to Sondland confirming more than their previous revised testimony
    Sondland literally confirmed that it was quid pro quo yesterday and the aid was conditioned on the announcement of investigations into Biden

Also if you'd actually watched or listened in the slightest you'd see how pathetic the Republicans are doing in these hearings. Like, listening to Nunes and Castor is an embarrassment. They have no case and just keep rambling. Multiple times they've tried to attack the witness' credibility only to have it backfire. And yesterday their entire game plan was still trying to find angles to get the names of the whistleblower even though at this point we have first hand witnesses testifying to what happened.

Edit: Changed David Holmes testifying to today not tomorrow
    Last edited by pheoxs; 11-21-2019 at 09:35 AM.

Um, are you living on another planet? How could you possibly think there is zero evidence to support this investigation when multiple senior people including people on the call have testified otherwise? He’s still going to get impeached, but the funny thing is they will probably add witness intimidation as an additional article of impeachment because of how stupid he is.

The facts haven’t changed between the private and public hearings, but the only difference is now the public can see the testimony on news clips instead of having to read long boring transcripts. This will help increase public support, especially with the attacks on yovanovitch and and vindland.

Yesterday was great watching Republicans’ star witness Sondland flip. I loved the Nunez and Republican counsel’s reaction after he straight up said there was a quid pro quo. No honour amongst corrupt cronies I guess, they all eventually sing. As expected trump said later “Sondland? Barely know the guy”
    Last edited by sabad66; 11-21-2019 at 09:34 AM.

My Ride
    Bicycle

This is exactly why there is no chatter. Because none of it matters. We don't operate in any sort of common sense any more.

End of day, Russia and China won because democracy is based on informed people and people are stupid.

My Ride
    ute

I don't mean to interrupt all of the anti-Trump hyperventilating....but I found this article interesting as it relates to the hearings:

https://mises.org/power-market/civil...itary-officers

The Civilian Government Doesn't Owe Deference to Military Officers
    11/20/2019Ryan McMaken
    On Tuesday, Congressional impeachment hearings exposed an interesting facet of the current battle between Donald Trump and the so-called deep state: namely, that many government bureaucrats now fancy themselves as superior to the elected civilian government.

In an exchange between Rep. Devin Nunes (R-CA) and Alexander Vindman, a US Army Lt. Colonel, Vindman insisted that Nunes address him by his rank.

After being addressed as "Mr. Vindman," Vindman retorted "Ranking Member, it's Lt. Col. Vindman, please."

Throughout social media, anti-Trump forces, who have apparently now become pro-military partisans, sang Vindman's praises, applauding him for putting Nunes in his place.

In a properly functioning government — with a proper view of military power — however, no one would tolerate a military officer lecturing a civilian on how to address him "correctly."

It is not even clear that Nunes was trying to "dis" Vindman, given that junior officers have historically been referred to as "Mister" in a wide variety of times and place. It is true that higher-ranking offers like Vindman are rarely referred to as "Mister," but even if Nunes was trying to insult Vindman, the question remains: so what?

Military modes of address are for the use of military personnel, and no one else. Indeed, Vindman was forced to retreat on this point when later asked by Rep. Chris Stewart (R-UT) if he always insists on civilians calling him by his rank. Vindman blubbered that since he was wearing his uniform (for no good reason, mind you) he figured civilians ought to refer to him by his rank.

Of course, my position on this should not be construed as a demand that people give greater respect to members of Congress. If a private citizen wants to go before Congress and refer to Nunes or any other member as "hey you," that's perfectly fine with me. But the important issue here is we're talking about private citizens — i.e., the people who pay the bills — and not military officers who must be held as subordinate to the civilian government at all times.

After all, there's a reason that the framers of the US Constitution went to great pains to ensure the military powers remained subject to the will of the civilian government. Eighteenth and nineteenth century Americans regarded a standing army as a threat to their freedoms. Federal military personnel were treated accordingly.

Article I, Section 8 of the Constitution states that Congress shall have the power "to raise and support Armies …" and "to provide and maintain a Navy." Article II, Section 2 states, "The President shall be the Commander in Chief of the Army and Navy of the United States, and of the Militia of the several States when called into the actual Service of the United States." The authors of the constitution were careful to divide up civilian power of the military, and one thing was clear: the military was to have no autonomy in policymaking. Unfortunately, early Americans did not anticipate the rise of America's secret police in the form of the CIA, FBI, NSA, and other "intelligence" agencies. Had they, it is likely the anti-federalists would have written more into the Bill of Rights to prevent organizations like the NSA from shredding the fourth amendment, as has been the case.

The inversion of the civilian-military relationship that is increasingly on display in Washington is just another symptom of the growing power of often-secret and unaccountable branches of military agencies and intelligence agencies that exercise so much power both in Washington and around the world.

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    I don't mean to interrupt all of the anti-Trump hyperventilating....but I found this article interesting as it relates to the hearings:

https://mises.org/power-market/civil...itary-officers
    First of all mises.org is a heavily right biased site. Also attacking a witness over wearing a uniform and asking them to use their title is pretty flimsy to start trying to quote the constitution and claim the 'deep state' is now running the military

I do think the sound clip of him correctly Nunes is over blown but given the tactics that they were trying to attack witnesses characters I don't think it was uncalled for. I do think there is so much better things coming out of his testimony that the media should've focused on that.

Edit: The author of this article is a fucking joke. Literally all 4 of his most recent articles cry about the deep state.
    Last edited by pheoxs; 11-21-2019 at 09:51 AM.

Page 18 of 56 FirstFirst ... 8 17 18 19 28 ... LastLast