Quantcast
Trump, his bullshit never stops - Page 32 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 32 of 56 FirstFirst ... 22 31 32 33 42 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump, his bullshit never stops

Quote Originally Posted by max_boost View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    lol

Wonder if any of the Presidents are bros with each other. Would love to hear their chit chats. Yo remember the time we bombed ____ Idk or I said this and the market tanked etc. lol
    They are absolutely bros. People love to talk about about partisan politics, but the common bond between the GOP and the Dems is their love of money.

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    maybe he is taking $1 in wages, but $399,999 in tips.
    More like tens of millions through his golf course via rented rooms for all the security staff.

Quote Originally Posted by max_boost View Post
    How many of those 200k had one foot in already
    Around 97% according to the statistics that nobody likes to read.

Quote Originally Posted by A790 View Post
    If someone has cancer and dies in a car accident, how should we codify their cause of death?
    That's not contextually the same thing at all. If someone has terminal cancer, and then gets the flu and dies, how would you code their death? It is a bit of a conundrum when you put it in context.

Quote Originally Posted by mazdavirgin View Post
    I'm just frustrated that there's clear evidence out there but when stuff doesn't fit the narrative it's conveniently ignored or flat out lied about. This isn't a question of politics it's straight up insanity to treat a pandemic as a partisan issue like the republicans have framed the whole thing. Really feels like the US is staring in idiocracy sometimes with this whole stuff.
    It's ironic that you would treat this so partisan and trump up one side of the argument while completely ignoring all the information on the other side. And then say it's the Republicans that have painted this as a partisan issue. Meanwhile, nobody has been more destructive and ignoring of facts than the Democrats.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    Debates have been scheduled for a while now and are standard procedure leading up to the US election.
    And normally a lot more would've taken place by now. Biden has been dodging this, so time will tell if he makes it to the next scheduled debate.

Quote Originally Posted by Misterman View Post
    And normally a lot more would've taken place by now. Biden has been dodging this, so time will tell if he makes it to the next scheduled debate.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016_U...ential_debates

The first of these presidential debates took place on September 26, 2016, and set the record as the most-watched debate in American history, with 84 million viewers. The second debate took place on October 9, and the third took place on October 19. All CPD debates occurred from approximately 9 p.m. to 10:30 p.m. EDT (6 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. PDT)
    And in 2012 the first one was Oct 3.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012_U...ebate_schedule

My Ride
    Bicycle

"Trump is great. He didn't kill 200k Americans on COVID, he saved potential 2.8M from death as COVID was going to kill 3M."

Wow.

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Trump's tax returns are out. As a surprise to no one he's lost so much money than in 10 of the past 15 years he paid 0 tax. First two years of his presidency he paid just 750$ in tax per year. Such a great business man.

To his credit he said he'd run the government like a business ... and he runs his businesses straight into the ground. So I guess he was right.

His three courses in Europe — two in Scotland and one in Ireland — have reported a combined $63.6 million in losses.

Over all, since 2000, Mr. Trump has reported losses of $315.6 million at the golf courses that are his prized possessions.

For all of its Trumpworld allure, his Washington hotel, opened in 2016, has not fared much better. Its tax records show losses through 2018 of $55.5 million.

And Trump Corporation, a real estate services company, has reported losing $134 million since 2000.
    https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...ump-taxes.html

So lets go trumpards whats the spin? Name calling? Media conspiracy? Everyone picking on trump again? Blame biden? Spin to say he's a great businessman for losing money? My guess is blame Biden and claim dark money, that's usually the go to when you have no explainations.
    Last edited by pheoxs; 09-27-2020 at 05:29 PM.

Paying taxes is for losers and suckers, just like people who sign up for the military and serve
    - DJT’s thoughts

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

Not surprised trumpet wanted these quiet - dont create the optics that youre avoiding taxes (legally) and/or dont look like a loser (personally).

Here is the problem though - this is in no way a complete picture of whats happening.

They comprise information that Mr. Trump has disclosed to the I.R.S., not the findings of an independent financial examination. They report that Mr. Trump owns hundreds of millions of dollars in valuable assets, but they do not reveal his true wealth

With the term “personal taxes,” however, Mr. Garten appears to be conflating income taxes with other federal taxes Mr. Trump has paid — Social Security, Medicare and taxes for his household employees. Mr. Garten also asserted that some of what the president owed was “paid with tax credits,” a misleading characterization of credits, which reduce a business owner’s income-tax bill as a reward for various activities, like historic preservation.

Not to defend him by ANY stretch but I think the con might be longer than you guys think. I'm certainly not an expert but is it possible to.. creatively represent your books to appear as though you are losing as much money as possible, simply to avoid paying any taxes?
    Last edited by zieg; 09-27-2020 at 06:26 PM.
    dv/dt

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

I always thought being rich and not paying taxes was the goal?
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Paying more tax would be a sign of a truly virtuous individual.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Quote Originally Posted by zieg View Post
    Not to defend him by ANY stretch but I think the con might be longer than you guys think. If you want to avoid paying taxes you report losses any way possible. I'm certainly not an expert but is it possible to.. creatively represent your books to appear as though you are losing as much money as possible, simply to avoid paying any taxes?
    To some extent yes you do want to expense as much as you legally can however you can't go a decade straight of 'losing' money without it being fishy...

Well, nobody ever said he was smart..
    dv/dt

Quote Originally Posted by zieg View Post
    Not to defend him by ANY stretch but I think the con might be longer than you guys think. If you want to avoid paying taxes you report losses any way possible. I'm certainly not an expert but is it possible to.. creatively represent your books to appear as though you are losing as much money as possible, simply to avoid paying any taxes?
    The key with all of this is how “creative” he actually was. Haven’t read it in depth yet but the devil will be in the details. One example is paying hundreds of thousands in consulting fees to a someone who is already a top executive at your company (Ivanka) to artificially inflate your expenses.

This should hopefully not go over well with all the other businesses who are honest about their writeoffs. It also sounds pretty bad to the average layman that a “rich” guy like him paid less tax than them last year ($750).

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Not sure how it all plays in terms of public opinion. My guess is that this new information will change very few minds.
    He's behind the polling though, so he needs to change a few minds somehow.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by sabad66 View Post
    Paying taxes is for losers and suckers, just like people who sign up for the military and serve
    - DJT’s thoughts
    well, you can watch biden wig out on service members for not clapping, a few years back ....

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/...they-wont-clap

Quote Originally Posted by revelations View Post
    well, you can watch biden wig out on service members for not clapping, a few years back ....

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/...they-wont-clap
    That lame attempt at a joke by Biden would make an excellent post to kick off a Biden criticism thread

My Ride

That lame attempt at a joke by Biden would make an excellent post to kick off a Biden criticism thread
    Calling them stupid bastards is no joke.

The key with all of this is how “creative” he actually was. Haven’t read it in depth yet but the devil will be in the details. One example is paying hundreds of thousands in consulting fees to a someone who is already a top executive at your company (Ivanka) to artificially inflate your expenses.

This should hopefully not go over well with all the other businesses who are honest about their writeoffs. It also sounds pretty bad to the average layman that a “rich” guy like him paid less tax than them last year ($750).
    All payments to employees/consultants are expenses.

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Quote Originally Posted by suntan View Post
    All payments to employees/consultants are expenses.
    This is his personal taxes, not corporate.

Page 32 of 56 FirstFirst ... 22 31 32 33 42 ... LastLast