Quantcast
The MTB Thread - Page 48 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 48 of 51 FirstFirst ... 38 47 48 49 ... LastLast

Thread: The MTB Thread

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by Brent.ff View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    All the e-bikers just got a fizzy sensation. New climb trail up to Moose.

https://www.trailforks.com/trails/shattered/
    Pretty excited to see if I can do t-dub/Jean guy/toothless/Billy Dog all on one battery, but the 10% average grade will make that a challenge

Will for sure be faster than shuttle laps though! Family guy was close, but this will shave off a number of kms

My Ride
    '14 Taco

And dont get dusted on the road. Should be good! Definitely freaking steep

Quote Originally Posted by ercchry View Post
    If you’re over 160lbs, you could probably use a volume spacer in the rear… usually the front too but the e-bike’s have a different damper tune which probably helps? (I for sure have more support than I should on my eMTB)

Mine is the same, my sag is where it should be, so pressure is good. Tried going to the firmer end of the spectrum and it was fairly harsh, so I need to get a spacer in there
    Only 150ish lbs. Is it normal for the rear to use all that travel on mild rides or should I pump it up a bit more? Thanks for the advice as always

Quote Originally Posted by Kjonus View Post
    Stoke climb is a well built climbing trail IMO. Was out there in early August, did it on back to back days on an analog bike. Does that make me one of those crazies who enjoy the climb just as much as the down
    Easy there fella, you're gettin your panties wadded up for no reason because I never said anything in my post about that trail being poorly built or you being crazy for enjoying the climbs FWIW I was giving anyone that could do that climb praise because its no joke IMO

It’s a nice view, but it starts to get grind-y about halfway up… problem I have is it’s just more 5620… for that effort there are plenty of trails off resort that are more rewarding, and that I didn’t pay money to use the lift for
    Agreed 100%
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    and I did not have the only say in the matter (most people just want it done ASAP and don't care about quality).
    If anything we made a better decision because we had a consensus and were all on the same page.

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

Yeah, jumping a little “off” can use a fair amount of travel on the take off (ie. loading the rear more than the front suspension). If your sag is good, I’d say leave it. You can experiment within a window though, say +/-5% sag from recommended. If you’re not having harsh landings and the tire is tracking well on the rough stuff then it’s probably pretty good

Like all things suspension, pick a test track that has a bit of everything, make a single change, do a lap and see if better or worse, repeat till good

All the e-bikers just got a fizzy sensation. New climb trail up to Moose.

https://www.trailforks.com/trails/shattered/
    Fizzlin hard lol This will be a game changer, I love that place but hate the shuttling because its always in my truck

Yeah, jumping a little “off” can use a fair amount of travel on the take off (ie. loading the rear more than the front suspension). If your sag is good, I’d say leave it. You can experiment within a window though, say +/-5% sag from recommended. If you’re not having harsh landings and the tire is tracking well on the rough stuff then it’s probably pretty good

Like all things suspension, pick a test track that has a bit of everything, make a single change, do a lap and see if better or worse, repeat till good
    Always appreciate your expertise!
    and I did not have the only say in the matter (most people just want it done ASAP and don't care about quality).
    If anything we made a better decision because we had a consensus and were all on the same page.

My Ride
    Ram 1500, '68 Camaro, S14

Shit family guy sounds easy I should go try that…

How busy is it Friday afternoons? I’d assume peak? What about random mid week afternoons. I don’t wanna go be in everyone’s way lol..

My Ride
    '14 Taco

You talking up or downhill?

Uphill: Family guy is way better to climb than pneuma. Two or three things you’ll have to push your bike up, but nothing too bad. Even on peak traffic (saturdays or Sundays mid day) I’ve only run into a few downhill riders.

You won’t be in anyone’s way. Plus you have E, boost up the hard shit and you’ll be twice as fast as us pedalers.

Also an easy flowy trail for if you want to go downhill (but 727 is a way better DH trail once you get your flow and jump desires up) and really it’s never that busy for climbers. I’ve ripped down it downhill and never seen a soul climbing either.

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

If you can clean the bottom of family guy on the up… on E or otherwise, you’re an animal

For an “easy” eMTB day at moose… I’d say park at ing’s, climb shattered, go down family guy (top is a little spicy, but I think if you stay left near toothless it’s easier?) then climb husky and go down Flo’s (they just cut in an easier exit too).

That or, park at moose, climb pneuma (it’s not hard till after 7-27, especially with a motor), then down 7-27, stone’s throw back to the lot, and then go up again to sulphur spring, hang a left to the 2k lot and do a brakeless/lower flight 66 lap

First option is “light tech” or natural single track, option two is flow/jump

Quote Originally Posted by JfuckinC View Post
    Shit family guy sounds easy I should go try that…

How busy is it Friday afternoons? I’d assume peak? What about random mid week afternoons. I don’t wanna go be in everyone’s way lol..
    Family guys not bad at all other than a couple tricky spots. 727's really good too and more of a flow trail so could be more fun depending on what you like. West bragg's Merlin and ranger summit trails are fun and easyish as well. Just make sure to read and understand the trail maps before you head out. The signage to the entrance to FG can be missed if youre not paying attention. West braggs southside(ranger summit) can get you in a lot of shit if you get lost so be careful out there as theres no reception once you get into the parking lot. If you know ahead of time when you're heading out post up in here, i'd be down to take you out if I can. Im no pro like the others so we could take it easy lol

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

New climb trail is rather well done. Nothing too punchy, good radius to the corners, but 4km takes a while.

Think 4 laps could be done (easily on not an E8000!) on eco… for lap 3 I did a boost/trail combo cause at 1hr/lap in eco a 4th would have made me late for tonight’s plans!

Racers this weekend will have some fun on T-Dub, super dry. Much spice at a decent speed.

Name:  IMG_4537.jpg
Views: 239
Size:  115.5 KB

My Ride
    Pt Cruiser

That’s huge nice work

My Ride
    '14 Taco

Name:  IMG_7554.jpg
Views: 229
Size:  290.2 KB

Never go to a bike sale with your wife a week after you bought a new bike..

Did the biggest ride yet this weekend on the Ebike. Went out to Panorama and did the Hopeful trail which involves about 1500m of climbing from the base of the ski hill, if you go during the summer operating hours you can take the lift up which saves a huge portion of the climb. The climb was mostly on the gravel road/cat tracks so its was easy but it was steep in some areas and because of how long it was we had to turn the power down or else we wouldnt have made it all the way. The views from up top were insane and the trail itself was fun and you can get into the bike park and ride the Pano trails down the last 1/3 of it even though the park itself is closed for mtb. Rode it with some buddies who have a place out there and supposedly pano doesnt care if you do that, YMMV lol

New climb trail is rather well done. Nothing too punchy, good radius to the corners, but 4km takes a while
    How long was it roughly for the climb and it was in eco?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

36min on lap one (eco), then dropped to 42min with a few quick stops lap 2 (eco), then back to 36min lap 3 with a few stops (75% trail, 25% boost)

KOM is 21min, I know he has an EP8… and that was probably boost since it was from yesterday and he won the short course mooseduro ebike category

My Ride
    Ram 1500, '68 Camaro, S14

you guys are wild, that's a lot. i need to get into that kinda shape lol

^^^Take your bike out to WB or Moose and you'll realize within the first couple meters of climbing how awesome the ebike is. You dont need to be in tip top shape to enjoy the trails anymore, Im so pathetic when it comes to climbs I would not be able to come close to even doing half of the ride in WB or moose. Im not overweight but im definitely not in great physical shape. Pop your bike into full power and you could probably make it up WB without even breaking a sweat if you took it easy or if you want to get the heart rate going you can tone the power down or go fast uphill in full power. Ripping uphill adds a whole other level of fun to it

My Ride
    2007 4Runner

Name:  IMG_7554.jpg
Views: 229
Size:  290.2 KB

Never go to a bike sale with your wife a week after you bought a new bike..
    Optic and a Sight, nice work. On my second full summer with the Optic and it been a great bike. Climbs like a goat and rips down everything that I ride around these parts easy enough.

My Ride
    '14 Taco

My wife hated climbing on her giant so figured this was a big time upgrade, particularly with the Eagle 52 cassette (giant was running a 42!). Plus she doesn’t love the gross techy rooty shit so didn’t think she’d miss any travel vs me on the Sight.

Sadly haven’t had time to get them out, hopefully this week before snow really comes

My wife hated climbing on her giant so figured this was a big time upgrade, particularly with the Eagle 52 cassette (giant was running a 42!). Plus she doesn’t love the gross techy rooty shit so didn’t think she’d miss any travel vs me on the Sight.

Sadly haven’t had time to get them out, hopefully this week before snow really comes
    nobody likes climibing lol, even with a short travel 27.5, Eagle 11-51 and a 26 CR on a cinch with 170 crank, still... she's still not happy and not low enough gearing

My Ride
    '14 Taco

Ha, well she paid for it, so if shes not happy its her own fault now!

Page 48 of 51 FirstFirst ... 38 47 48 49 ... LastLast