Quantcast
The MTB Thread - Page 51 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 51 of 51 FirstFirst ... 41 50 51
Results 1,001 to 1,008 of 1008

Thread: The MTB Thread

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

Yeah, Reg is also a different breed… there is a more realistic video on trailforks (guy with the orange bars and bike)… who is actually a fairly decent rider. That one is an accurate representation of your regular guy who rides blacks/double blacks haha.

I ride with my trail dog alot... we've put on alot of k's this year, and wanna keep it going into the winter.

I have been fat-biking for the last couple, but honestly am kinda thinking that on anything other than specifically groomed paths (i.e. Nipika, West Bragg)... I'd be better off putting some studded cake eaters on my hardtail.

I found that other than riding these green, nordic skiing type tracks... these bikes were useless. You almost need the goldielocks conditions to either #1 not sink in due to not enough flotation (I use 5" tires) OR were so ineffecient on packed conditions, you'd be better off with plus sized tires.

As I run 29x2.6 on my Torrent, I'm going to try out these 2.8 studded cake eaters and will report back . For the big snow days, I still have the Fatboy in the shed.

My Ride
    Z

Nice you're super lucky, what kind of dog? Mine loves MTB but she chases other bikes... So I take her where it's not busy and have an e-collar on her.

Do you let your dog go first or follow you? I also worry about the dust
    Z32 TT
    1996 Integra - winter beater with studs - RIP (deer)
    2002 WRX - to be sold
    2010 sti - winter

Quote Originally Posted by g-m View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Nice you're super lucky, what kind of dog? Mine loves MTB but she chases other bikes... So I take her where it's not busy and have an e-collar on her.

Do you let your dog go first or follow you? I also worry about the dust
    Its a herding dog called a Beauceron and is a medium/large... Though I wish she would stay closer to the bike, she will only do that once she's blown her load. She won't chase other bikes or anything like that, but she's always about 30 feet away from the bike in a radius, and probably will run an extra 30-40% more distance with her going back/forth. Plenty of rubber on those wheels.

I ride mostly in the columbia valley, so 80% of the time, I won't be running into anyone else, and when we do, never both other riders.

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

Crazy deals on fox suspension… direct from fox or even a little deeper from the bike shop.

Just grabbed a fox 38 factory (emtb tuned) for my Meta Power, should be a nice little upgrade from the 36 performance that was on there

Quote Originally Posted by ercchry View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Crazy deals on fox suspension… direct from fox or even a little deeper from the bike shop.

Just grabbed a fox 38 factory (emtb tuned) for my Meta Power, should be a nice little upgrade from the 36 performance that was on there
    tons of great deals out there... even bikes.

They say its a 30/30% markup from Manu to you... but I'm not 100% certain about that.

I may be in the market for a new 150/160 fork... using DVO Diamond D1 today, but I'm thinking the new Lyrik Ultimate. I think everyone tossing Zebs/38s on Trail bikes, eventually will find it too stiff and heavy and the tech has already trickled down to the latest Lyrik/36 offerings.

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

Yeah, I’m happy with my ohlins 36 on the analog bike… but “trail” for me these days is fairly gnarly tracks and the 180mm air strut I tossed in that has been great.

The emtb needed something, just rattled to bits on the faster rough track, like ushoulda. Can’t wait to dial it in… the ohlins took a while to get just right, assuming this will be even worse… I did weight both though while off the bike:

36 still with bearing race/knock block installed: 2109g

38, fresh out of the package (uncut steerer): 2481g
    Last edited by ercchry; 11-15-2023 at 12:19 PM.

Page 51 of 51 FirstFirst ... 41 50 51