Quantcast
The MTB Thread - Page 36 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 36 of 51 FirstFirst ... 26 35 36 37 46 ... LastLast

Thread: The MTB Thread

My Ride
    '14 Taco

Quote Originally Posted by mr2mike View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    After seeing how few people there were at Kicking Horse, I wouldn't hesitate to go back (minus the shit hole Golden actually is).

The Reposados restaurant is good Mexican food, not too bad on price but service was typical Golden. Their hiring practices are sexist though. All lesbians.
    I laughed to myself... Lesbian owned taco place. Seems right.
    Trick is to go to the brewery. They get deliveries from respasados every 30 min, and less nuts. Appears to be equivalent number of lesbians

Quote Originally Posted by SpdDmn268 View Post
    I have a Reverb AXS dropper that came with my bike. It actuates faster than the Forbidden demo with cable dropper I rode recently (the only bike with dropper i've ridden). I charge the battery like.. twice a season? I don't think I'd buy a wireless derailleur or brakes, because I NEED those to function, but I can finish a ride without moving my seat. I've forgotten to put the battery back on and still gone riding.

Oh and other downside to the AXS specifically, it starts to bleed air into the valve every so often. I gotta bleed it after a hard ride, way more of a pain than charging a battery! Shops didn't have a rebuild/seal kit for this as of last year either.

For the price new, I wouldn't have bought this for myself, but it's neat.
    had to drop off the Wife's reverb stealth at ION2 as it got the stupid squish and dead spot. Love the guys there, and we debated (not about AXS) but on modern droppers... the Oneup they sell is a better design, but two that work very well and are unbelieveably priced, and even easier/cheaper to replace are the Manic and Transx.

I'm going to pay $170 for a rebuild and I could buy a Transx... but the Reverb new is like $400

IMO there are 0 reasons why you should be running a reverb, even if it came brand new on the bike. There are so many other better and cheaper options, that are easily serviceable.

Quote Originally Posted by dimi View Post
    IMO there are 0 reasons why you should be running a reverb, even if it came brand new on the bike. There are so many other better and cheaper options, that are easily serviceable.
    its kinda funny ION2 says well.. its like the Bently of droppers with it being hydruallically actuated, match maker compatiable etc.. (Fox being the rolls) and at the $400+ price point, you are incline to rebuild it every couple years for $170

but yes... they think the Tranx is just the smartest, most economical design

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

which model of TransX, or are they all the same? My kid's FS bike has a transX and I was looking to replace it, but maybe I won't. haha.

I have a reverb that has been good to me since the summer of 2018. knock on wood.

I've gone through the gamut of dropper posts, Fox Factory, KSLev, AXS Reverb and now I've got OneUp droppers on both my bikes and have been happy. Relatively inexpensive and they work just fine, i find they are a little sensitive to over torqueing the seat collar but other than that struggle to see the value in anything else.

My Ride
    Z

Quote Originally Posted by jacky4566 View Post
    Out at Fernie resort this past weekend.

Everything pretty dry, a great weekend. I wish they would improve their uphill capacity but lines were not too bad. maybe 30 minutes up each time.

Last fall I had evolution suspension rebuild my old Fox shocks and put a new damper in the front. OH man big difference. Like a brand new bike again.

Shit to hear about the death..
    #bringbacktimber

Yea I also rode all 4 days. Really hope Timber is in the cards in the future. The wet spring/summer has kept the trails in good shape
    Z32 TT
    1996 Integra - winter beater with studs - RIP (deer)
    2002 WRX - to be sold
    2010 sti - winter

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

Well, finally grabbed a rack… so far, so good. Fits all the bikes. Still need to see how it handles the shuttle roads!

Only issue so far is if I toss a drop bar bike on it I can’t hang anything immediately to the right, but this is with fairly wide flaired gravel bars

Name:  AA408B99-C4BB-40AD-AB5D-D66D3C6B24AE.jpg
Views: 229
Size:  258.0 KB

Liking the approach to anti-rattle, similar design to a quill stem

Name:  760B1D4A-F8B8-49EF-BA78-1853E6B90755.jpg
Views: 217
Size:  128.4 KB

Super quick to mount vs the recon’s design with just a quick spin of this bolt

Name:  83C3A5FC-FFF0-4530-9448-85887CC03ECC.jpg
Views: 216
Size:  133.3 KB

Nice rack!
    Loving my Velocirax after forgetting what I paid and the shipping. . Thought the shock dampers were gimmicky. But I have grown to love them. I can get the bikes lowering and walk away.
    Went with the 5 for mine. Figure that's how many seats most vehicles have. Literally don't have to lift a bike onto my rack. So many eBikers are asking about it when they see how it loads.

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

This one certainly is easy to load/unload in the upright position compared to the wheel basket ones, just a couple inch lift to get the bars up and over.

Price is great on this guy and for the extra ~$100 the 6 vs 4 was an easy call, shuttle days can get weird like that when you run into people at the hill. easy assembly too, would be nice though if the local pickup was discounted vs the “free Canada wide shipping” option, but it was incredibly well packed at least.

My Ride
    Pt Cruiser

On the island and checked out the jordie lunn bike park today. So sick. Why can’t Calgary and other towns have a nice place like that to ride bikes? 2 awesome climb trails with about 5 DH tracks, downhill pump track, 1 intermediate pump track, 1 beginner pump track, 7 different drops, rock rolls, jump lines… just unreal what they’ve built right inside a community.

My Ride
    '14 Taco

Quote Originally Posted by BavarianBeast View Post
    On the island and checked out the jordie lunn bike park today. So sick. Why can’t Calgary and other towns have a nice place like that to ride bikes? 2 awesome climb trails with about 5 DH tracks, downhill pump track, 1 intermediate pump track, 1 beginner pump track, 7 different drops, rock rolls, jump lines… just unreal what they’ve built right inside a community.

I mean Calgary is pretty damn flat..

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by Brent.ff View Post
    I mean Calgary is pretty damn flat..
    I think the bigger issue is winsport’s management decisions… so much potential… such piss poor execution

If you use bike computers what model do you use?

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

garmin edge 130 plus.

Does what I need. Tracks heart rate (with a HR chest monitor), shows speed, elevation, climb, descent. Uploads to Garmin / Strava / phone.

I don't really use mapping functions and I don't need a color screen.

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by ercchry View Post
    Well, finally grabbed a rack… so far, so good. Fits all the bikes. Still need to see how it handles the shuttle roads!

Dont you own a truck?

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    Dont you own a truck?
    Not currently; I actually don’t have anything right now with a hitch, this thing is has been borrowed till I figure out a new truck/bronco order shows up

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by ercchry View Post
    Not currently; I actually don’t have anything right now with a hitch, this thing is has been borrowed till I figure out a new truck/bronco order shows up
    didnt you have a ranger?

My Ride
    is broken

Quote Originally Posted by holden View Post
    If you use bike computers what model do you use?
    My phone with a quadlock. You can buy seperate ANT+ sensors if you want cadence and heartrate tracking. Who needs dedicated computers anymore?

Locus Maps is pretty great for integrating everything you could need. Custom UI and maps from openandromaps.org
    Operator Of Beyond's Official Cardano pool.
    Magical internet money for everyone!

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by jacky4566 View Post
    My phone with a quadlock. You can buy seperate ANT+ sensors if you want cadence and heartrate tracking. Who needs dedicated computers anymore?

Locus Maps is pretty great for integrating everything you could need. Custom UI and maps from openandromaps.org
    I would never hang my phone off of my bike. Vibration is an issue, even with the new dampers, the display/OS works better for riding and tracking, and a phone is too big.

Garmin Edge is good.

Page 36 of 51 FirstFirst ... 26 35 36 37 46 ... LastLast