Quantcast
Office365 - any benefit to a local install over cloud? - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Office365 - any benefit to a local install over cloud?

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

IE is still hidden in windows 10 deep down for compatibility. I have had a few websites that unfortunately required it.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

Thaco is offline sucks off little boys (ya, don't fuck with rage2 bitch!!!)
    My Ride
    Rage2

IE is still there for now, but when the new chromium based edge comes out then IE might be gone because there will be provisions in edge to "open IE tab"
    User title molested by Rage2.

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    It's not the size that matters, it's the taste it leaves in your mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

Quote Originally Posted by Misterman View Post
    No logic, thought, input, etc from cult member...

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

Yea IE is useful for some really wierd sites. I know some older/unmaintained sites really do well with IE11. Its a big security risk though.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Hey here's a question. Since my work email and team sharepoints are through an online-only subscription to O365, if I purchase a version of Office2019 for local install, will it integrate with my existing O365 subscription? I don't want a separate account, because that will totally fornicate up anything I do with my team.

Does MS allow two subscriptions to be linked like that, or do I have to buy the "upgrade" though the existing account?
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    Hey here's a question. Since my work email and team sharepoints are through an online-only subscription to O365, if I purchase a version of Office2019 for local install, will it integrate with my existing O365 subscription? I don't want a separate account, because that will totally fornicate up anything I do with my team.

Does MS allow two subscriptions to be linked like that, or do I have to buy the "upgrade" though the existing account?
    yes. You can marry O2019 to O365 - but the signins have to be the same.

You can also marry the COMPUTER (windows 10) to a MS Office 365 account if you have a domain - and then everything gets pushed onto your PC.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Quote Originally Posted by revelations View Post
    yes. You can marry O2019 to O365 - but the signins have to be the same.

You can also marry the COMPUTER (windows 10) to a MS Office 365 account if you have a domain - and then everything gets pushed onto your PC.
    Wonder what happens if I change jobs and loose the O365 account. Guess worst case I'd be out the cost of the O2019 license
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride

Wonder what happens if I change jobs and loose the O365 account. Guess worst case I'd be out the cost of the O2019 license
    It depends - if you are using their domain and their O365 account then yes. But you can buy as yourself, eg. own laptop, and then marry it to the companies domain.

In your case, if you want to stay at arms lenght from the company (eg. contractor), I would encourage you to signup for your own domain (very cheap) and setup your own email systems and 0365 accounts - the company can then allow you in as a temp.

Is this a work-issued laptop, or are you doing this on your personal laptop?

If you buy a single one-time cost license of Office 2019 with your own personal microsoft account then its yours even if you leave the company.

Office 2019 (regardless of if it comes from O365 sub or just a one-time O2019 license) allows you to set up both a personal and business onedrive/office account on the same machine. For example here is what my work laptop shows (our company disables linking a personal OneDrive but it is possible).

Name:  Capture.PNG
Views: 268
Size:  19.2 KB

On my personal laptop, i linked both my personal and work OneDrive and they work just fine.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by revelations View Post
    It depends - if you are using their domain and their O365 account then yes. But you can buy as yourself, eg. own laptop, and then marry it to the companies domain.

In your case, if you want to stay at arms lenght from the company (eg. contractor), I would encourage you to signup for your own domain (very cheap) and setup your own email systems and 0365 accounts - the company can then allow you in as a temp.
    you don't even need to join the personal laptop to the company domain to make this work. It's possible to login to corporate MS services without doing that. For example on my personal laptop i set up an Outlook profile and OneDrive profile for my company email/storage.

My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by sabad66 View Post
    Is this a work-issued laptop, or are you doing this on your personal laptop?

If you buy a single one-time cost license of Office 2019 with your own personal microsoft account then its yours even if you leave the company.

Office 2019 (regardless of if it comes from O365 sub or just a one-time O2019 license) allows you to set up both a personal and business onedrive/office account on the same machine. For example here is what my work laptop shows (our company disables linking a personal OneDrive but it is possible).

Name:  Capture.PNG
Views: 268
Size:  19.2 KB

On my personal laptop, i linked both my personal and work OneDrive and they work just fine.

- - - Updated - - -

you don't even need to join the personal laptop to the company domain to make this work. It's possible to login to corporate MS services without doing that. For example on my personal laptop i set up an Outlook profile and OneDrive profile for my company email/storage.
    Yea thats what I meant with having your OWN domain - if you as a temp/contractor re doing this a lot, it becomes a lot simpler to tell the new company to allow your domain in as a guest with limited access to certain areas.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Ya know what I hate? Accounts. Three months ago I had zero Microsoft accounts. Now somehow I have three, and they are already conflicting. Will work on this through the weekend.

My Ride

Ya know what I hate? Accounts. Three months ago I had zero Microsoft accounts. Now somehow I have three, and they are already conflicting. Will work on this through the weekend.
    MS gets confused with personal and corp accounts - had one client COOOOOOMPLETELY messed up with Team members being mixed personal/corp and couldnt talk to each other.

My Ride
    ute

ya, the business and personal split in Office ios annoying.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Plus I'm SMRT and I forgot that I had to have an MS account to run windows, so I made a new one for this MS office, so there's three accounts running on my machine now. Joy!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2