Quantcast
Garage overload - Page 18 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8 17 18

Thread: Garage overload

My Ride
    A Gallardo from SDS (hahahaha)

Quote Originally Posted by cjblair View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    There's a few of these places in my neck of the woods too, over the last few years a couple have been bought out and subdivided/developed though. I can only imagine the developers paid a staggering amount for an in-city acreage big enough to put 15 houses on (that are each priced between 800k-1MM).

Attachment 100220

This is like us... We're in an original acreage home on the westside. The previous owner did the subdividing (probably about 20 lots) and left the best parcel for what was going to be his personal home. Fortunately for us, the market was dog shit for most of the time he was developing, things took longer and were less profitable than he expected and by the time the rest of the development was done, he was too old and worn out to take on his own build...

It's too bad we're not within walking distance of "Actual factual park", or we'd be sitting on a gold mine

My Ride
    2013 C63 AMG , 2015 GLA 45AMG , 2005 Bmw M3

Quote Originally Posted by you&me View Post
    This is like us... We're in an original acreage home on the westside. The previous owner did the subdividing (probably about 20 lots) and left the best parcel for what was going to be his personal home. Fortunately for us, the market was dog shit for most of the time he was developing, things took longer and were less profitable than he expected and by the time the rest of the development was done, he was too old and worn out to take on his own build...

It's too bad we're not within walking distance of "Actual factual park", or we'd be sitting on a gold mine
    Same here, there has been about 3 different sites like that in rocky ridge and still tons of acreages that back on to Crowchild
    2014 Ram 1500 Sport
    2010 Srt8 Jeep
    2005 Bmw M3 vert
    2008 Ducati 848

My Ride
    2011 Audi A6 Avant

I live pretty close to that place in Kelvin Grove, had no idea it was for sale. The story we heard on a neighborhood tour a few years back is the original land owner for all of Kelvin Grove kept back that lot for himself when he sold off the rest. I'd want a small tractor or a Gravely to keep that driveway area clean.

Quote Originally Posted by navdeep View Post
    Same here, there has been about 3 different sites like that in rocky ridge and still tons of acreages that back on to Crowchild
    Yep grew up in that neck of the woods.
    I'm surprised so many people held on when Tuscany or Tusslewood or whatever they call the shitty development.
    Basically you're in a 1970s estate surrounded by the city.
    Some of those watermark homes must get basement floods because I know the land they're on. Every spring a large slough would show up.

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8 17 18