Quantcast
Did I just avoid a scam? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Did I just avoid a scam?

Default Did I just avoid a scam?

Bit of a long rambling story but I'll try to give it brief.

Currently I am trying to sell a 2000 Nissan frontier listed at $2,000. It is high mileage 345000 kmbut runs like a top, everything on it works. Two guys just came over, they are from Nigeria, purchasing the car to send back to Nigeria for his father. We negotiate a little bit I accept $1,700. He asks for my email to send me the money and I asked for cash they speak to each other not in English it's awkward, I break the silence with should I remove the plate. They tell me to, take it off , again we're standing there not saying anything. Then they leave to go to the bank and "should be back".

How's this scam work ? They cash a rubber cheque and emt from that account then it all gets pulled back ?

They didn't really seem to want to look at the car or even drive it which makes me also think scammers.

PS just read the ramble again and not sure why I'm even questioning the likelihood.

Pps anyone want to buy a high mileage frontier as a good solid dump runner? Compustar starter, 4x4 quad cab and box topper

My Ride
    93 240sx SE, 17 Infiniti Q50S, 2008 Highlander

Ask @killramos , he just had the same sales technique recently
    Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    You know those bored stay at home moms who's entire lives revolve around driving their kids to soccer, various cleaning accessories, and worrying about neighbourhood rapists? The kind of people that watch the View and go "uh huh..." Those unfulfilled people who try to fill the void in their empty lives by writing whiny letters to the editor complaining about shit that no one really cares about?

Well imagine if instead of writing that letter to the editor, she just posts on a car forum for car enthusiasts. That's Kritafo.

Edit: they're back ! Just saw them pull up outside

My Ride
    bus

Last edited by redblack; 08-26-2019 at 07:33 PM.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Always quality buyers on Kijiji

At least my guy didn’t openly admit he was from Nigeria
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

I don't know what to say... Lol. Just came with 1000.00 told me he'd give me 1000 deposit and 700 Tonite when he gets it I said just give me 200. Hands me 500. Asked me to start it again.

Checks a/c. (Nigeria ain't chilly I suppose)

Says he will be back at 830 and pay all the rest of cash then

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

I find that although it is good to be cautious, some people are actually legitimate buyers but the way they want to do things is ultra weird and looks super sketchy.

People are weird.

My Ride
    The SHBARUS

Even if it’s cash transaction, meet at a bank and have it deposited right away. You don’t need to count or check for authenticity of the bills.

Ya I was also minorly worried about that... But he asked for the closest td, and I pointed him to Glenmore landing and when he came back he was finishing his McDonalds. And could only get 1000 which would probably be his withdraw limit per day and it's a holiday so no bankers...

- - - Updated - - -

just don't understand the feasibility of sending a high mileage unit across the world. Is it worth of that much more there? When the transaction is done I'm going to ask him how many cars he buys a week to do this?

My Ride

Most likely the truck will be used for ISIS training

https://www.pri.org/stories/2015-12-...und-isis-hands
    You know those bored stay at home moms who's entire lives revolve around driving their kids to soccer, various cleaning accessories, and worrying about neighbourhood rapists? The kind of people that watch the View and go "uh huh..." Those unfulfilled people who try to fill the void in their empty lives by writing whiny letters to the editor complaining about shit that no one really cares about?

Well imagine if instead of writing that letter to the editor, she just posts on a car forum for car enthusiasts. That's Kritafo.

My Ride
    *The First*

You funded ISIS.
    Change your user title.

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

There is a chance the people genuinely thought they could just ship a vehicle over like that - then they realize the cost involved - AFTER taking ownership.

Quote Originally Posted by loweg View Post
    I don't know what to say... Lol. Just came with 1000.00 told me he'd give me 1000 deposit and 700 Tonite when he gets it I said just give me 200. Hands me 500. Asked me to start it again.

Checks a/c. (Nigeria ain't chilly I suppose)

Says he will be back at 830 and pay all the rest of cash then
    Counterfeit?
    Will fuck off, again.

They seem like good bills as far as I can see on the internet. Mix of 50s and 20s

The rest of the story plays out that he was sending a driver to drop off money and pick up the truck . Came with cash, counted it, then I counted it, dead on. Told me it was respectful to give me 20.00 for coffee, I joked that that's expensive coffee. Go out load the truck he signs bill of sale. Tells me. He will give me bill of sale when I get him his coffee money. I laugh it off and snatch the bill of sale out of his hand and head in the house. He yells back something about the truck being a piece of shit and I yelled back your piece of shit !

He did confirm however it was being shipped overseas . I think they roll them back fix up the rust and send it away. I advertised it as a truck that absolutely everything works and that is why they were interested . Easy to roll back and slap some shitty paint on it there is nothing to really fix

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

They seem like good bills as far as I can see on the internet. Mix of 50s and 20s

The rest of the story plays out that he was sending a driver to drop off money and pick up the truck . Came with cash, counted it, then I counted it, dead on. Told me it was respectful to give me 20.00 for coffee, I joked that that's expensive coffee. Go out load the truck he signs bill of sale. Tells me. He will give me bill of sale when I get him his coffee money. I laugh it off and snatch the bill of sale out of his hand and head in the house. He yells back something about the truck being a piece of shit and I yelled back your piece of shit !

He did confirm however it was being shipped overseas . I think they roll them back fix up the rust and send it away. I advertised it as a truck that absolutely everything works and that is why they were interested . Easy to roll back and slap some shitty paint on it there is nothing to really fix
    Honestly, for 20$ I wouldnt have given a fuck. It might be the norm in their culture or something and they dont think like Canadians do.

My Ride
    none

I had the same thing happen to me, some black guy (more African american type) bought a TV from me, after he paid and loaded it, he can back and held out his hand and wanted $20 for his gas to pick it up. I told him no one paid for my gas when i picked it up. He stared me down until i gave it to him.

My Ride

Note to self: Don't deal with any Nigerians or African Americans from Kijiji

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

Quote Originally Posted by JudasJimmy View Post
    He stared me down until i gave it to him.
    I can't believe you gave it to him haha
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

Hey I'm gonna need $20 for reading this thread, it's about respect.

Quote Originally Posted by jaeden View Post
    Hey I'm gonna need $20 for reading this thread, it's about respect.
    *stares you down*
    Originally posted by beyond_ban
    Are you looking for a happy ending?? If so, PM me...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast