Quantcast
Chase debt forgiveness on credit cards. - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Chase debt forgiveness on credit cards.

Default Chase debt forgiveness on credit cards.

0.5 gram microsd delivered by 12,000 pound combustion vehicle and driver.

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

That's pretty amazing.
    I want to know what the biggest debt achieved was on these cards haha. Lucky person.

My Ride
    4x4

Release of the latest data breach involving chase Canadian operations in 10...9...8..

My Ride
    V8s

Interesting. Unfortunately, I'd wager it'll make no difference to those people, they'll just overspend on another credit card and wind up in the exact same spot within weeks/months.

Quote Originally Posted by cjblair View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Interesting. Unfortunately, I'd wager it'll make no difference to those people, they'll just overspend on another credit card and wind up in the exact same spot within weeks/months.
    "Free money! Lets go buy a new tv!!"

My Ride
    Bicycle

Dude in that story owe $6K but paying it off at $300/mth.

Definitely sucks at personal finance.

Carrying a multi-thousand balance (or any balance) on a credit card is unimaginably stupid, let alone for 12+ months since that card has been discontinued. The few people who got "lucky" with that won't be too far ahead. In fact I bet they viewed it as a 'bonus' and went out and spent a bunch of money right away if they were already dumb enough to be willingly paying 20% interest.

My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    Carrying a multi-thousand balance (or any balance) on a credit card is unimaginably stupid, let alone for 12+ months since that card has been discontinued. The few people who got "lucky" with that won't be too far ahead. In fact I bet they viewed it as a 'bonus' and went out and spent a bunch of money right away if they were already dumb enough to be willingly paying 20% interest.
    Single mom: "Yeah, you tell that when you have 2 kids to raise on your own while working 3 jobs a week. Asshole."

lol

Wow people really do float thousands of dollars on their CC.

Quote Originally Posted by Disoblige View Post
    Single mom: "Yeah, you tell that when you have 2 kids to raise on your own while working 3 jobs a week. Asshole."

lol
    She could work only 2 jobs if she wasn't paying 20% interest on her CC debt

Seriously though some friends of my GF were in this situation, they didn't even know what a line of credit was, or that banks hand them out like candy and they could be paying 6% instead of 20%. And a 10 second google search would have told them that. They went on to putting a lavish wedding on credit as well, so I think all hope is lost.

My Ride
    V8s

She could work only 2 jobs if she wasn't paying 20% interest on her CC debt
    Or one job if she could just keep it in her pants.

Or one job if she could just keep it in her pants.
    Reminds me of another story - a company I used to work for used to sponsor families at Christmas, and we got to see their info sheets to decide if we wanted to donate. The one we got was a family of 5 or 6, mother was pregnant with another, and they were still asking for handouts (the entire wish list was 'luxury' items, not anything for child care). Not sure if it was a religious thing or what, but you can literally get condoms for free and not live in poverty depending on handouts while your 6 kids grow up in a dump. Boggles the mind.

Reminds me of another story - a company I used to work for used to sponsor families at Christmas, and we got to see their info sheets to decide if we wanted to donate. The one we got was a family of 5 or 6, mother was pregnant with another, and they were still asking for handouts (the entire wish list was 'luxury' items, not anything for child care). Not sure if it was a religious thing or what, but you can literally get condoms for free and not live in poverty depending on handouts while your 6 kids grow up in a dump. Boggles the mind.
    Good buddy of mine got "baby trapped" by a woman who has 6 kids with 6 different men.

Averages ~$2000/month in child support from each dude... He has tried multiple times to gain full custody (Very solid job, wife, 2 kids with new wife, both do very well) but the courts refuse to side with him for whatever reason... Whenever he gets his daughter from this woman she is usually dressed in rags and he spends copious amounts more to outfit her.

Meanwhile this "baby momma" is driving an Escalade and has the best of the best.

Fucked up.

My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by vengie View Post
    Good buddy of mine got "baby trapped" by a woman who has 6 kids with 6 different men.

Averages ~$2000/month in child support from each dude... He has tried multiple times to gain full custody (Very solid job, wife, 2 kids with new wife, both do very well) but the courts refuse to side with him for whatever reason... Whenever he gets his daughter from this woman she is usually dressed in rags and he spends copious amounts more to outfit her.

Meanwhile this "baby momma" is driving an Escalade and has the best of the best.

Fucked up.
    ~$2,000/month average per person?!
    That sounds like each person makes an average of $230k/yr if the calculator I used on the Canada website is correct...

That sounds like each person makes an average of $230k/yr if the calculator I used on the Canada website is correct...
    All service sector guys out of Red Deer.

Although even with the downturn, the rates apparently haven't been adjusted

Fucked up.
    That's nuts, but I guess she wins the game of life at the end of the day if she is getting $12K/mo without lifting a finger, especially if the fathers spend even more money on the kids when they visit (not that it's a good situation). I almost find those amounts hard to believe, but obviously I don't have all the details - maybe she just picked her "victims" well haha. And she's crazy fertile.

Even more surprising is she found 6 different dudes willing to roll the dice without any kind of protection, and long enough to get pregnant each time, unless she tricked them all.

Fucked up.
    I call shenanigans.

Those are guidelines. Many things are considered when setting the amount of support by the judge. If you can please your case right, its easy to exceed them.

Quote Originally Posted by lasimmon View Post
    I call shenanigans.
    Lol, I have no one to impress, its actually a very shitty story. But he is a very good friend and I have absolutely no reason not to believe him... Height of the downturn when he was laid off I saw the struggle as he had to continue to make payments as if he was making full wages.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Lol, I have no one to impress, its actually a very shitty story. But he is a very good friend and I have absolutely no reason not to believe him... Height of the downturn when he was laid off I saw the struggle as he had to continue to make payments as if he was making full wages.
    Why would he continue to make massive payments instead of getting his child support payments recalculated? It’s not like there isn’t an easily defined process that you can google up in 5 seconds to do such a thing.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast