Quantcast
Golf gear? - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Golf gear?

My Ride
    GMC Sierra, LX570

Quote Originally Posted by colinxx235 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not at all, if you have some good iron faces you want to use the adjustments could be anything from changing out shafts, adjusting the lie or loft, cutting the length or recommending increases (this is usually a factor of height and arm length from the ground) and even changing out grip/sizes

They will go through your swing progression and analyze components of your clubs that could be improved upon
    Adjustments depend on the quality of the clubs. Many cast irons can only be bent 2 degrees without cracking.

My Ride
    XT6

Quote Originally Posted by cjblair View Post
    Yup, Lyle at simply golf is good. He's done a reasonable amount of club work for me. I have heard he is a good fitter, but haven't used him. If someone has used Ted and Dave at RCGS they should chime in - I know they didn't do a good job building @npham clubs, but they might be good at fitting? They have an outdoor fitting bay, and where possible this is highly preferable.

I would strongly recommend avoiding Erickson's custom clubs. Went to him for a fitting one time; he works out of his garage, so can't fit anything except irons, and didn't do a thorough job. He spent 85% of the time I was there name dropping everyone on tour he's worked with. Idgaf who you've worked for in the past, you already have me in the door, just do your damn job.
    Ted and Dave did a custom fitting for me. They did a good job.

I have golfed with Erickson several time he is a name dropper but knows his stuff too.

Quote Originally Posted by SkiBum5.0 View Post
    Adjustments depend on the quality of the clubs. Many cast irons can only be bent 2 degrees without cracking.
    True, I was just generalizing what the fitters can do. I have no clue what kind of clubs Pf0sh0 hits. I personally have forged Ap1s until I one day take the plunge on a full set as a treat.

I'm debating doing it down in Palm Springs some time this fall/winter at a decent fitter. Then I'll have them ready for next season. Also assuming the prices line up.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2