Quantcast
Lawn Thread - MEGA - Page 125 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 125 of 135 FirstFirst ... 115 124 125 126 ... LastLast
Results 2,481 to 2,500 of 2682

Thread: Lawn Thread - MEGA

My Ride
    LEXUS LX470

Broadleafs have taken over my shit. Will be killex/par3 right away in full hazmat suit.
    Tap, Rack, BANG!

My Ride
    Ram truck and some bikes

A few questions for the group. Some lawn related but others are tree related....

Going to be on holidays in August for 10 days. Other than having my neighbor water my grass is there anyway to help the grass stay healthy while away? Last year it was so hot and it just went dormant andwei had brown grass the rest of the season. Heard there is drought fertilizer. Curious what others do while away. Might need to look into a water timer but having a corner lot I'd never be able to get it all.

Also have some large spruce trees and a birch in the front we thought about having shaped/cleaned up. Arborist came by yesterday and quoted. No issue there but he did say that one of the spruce trees has some disease. The spruce needles have turn brown. Not drought- possibly Cytospora canker- cant remember what he said over the phone.
    The birch has some type of bug that's eating the leaf's and turning them brown. Apparently this is common and can be treated. The spruce I'm worried about as he said typically the trees slowly die and would have 5-7 years left.

Anyone have a recommendation for someone that can help treat the trees? The Arborist is not able to do this for me. He gave me one number (Mr G Plant Heath Care) but I'd like to get a few opinions.
    - Also interested in having the Spruce trees wrapped in Christmas lights but am not seeing any companies that do this- mostly just those permanent home light guys.

My Ride
    Bunch of Honda's

For the lawn just water the piss out of it for multiple days before leaving and leave it long/dont cut it. That will make a huge difference.

Birch tree likely has birch leaf miner, ours gets it worse some years then others (this year it seems fine). Again just keep watering the piss out of the Birch tree as that helps it say healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy643 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    A few questions for the group. Some lawn related but others are tree related....

Going to be on holidays in August for 10 days. Other than having my neighbor water my grass is there anyway to help the grass stay healthy while away? Last year it was so hot and it just went dormant andwei had brown grass the rest of the season. Heard there is drought fertilizer. Curious what others do while away. Might need to look into a water timer but having a corner lot I'd never be able to get it all.

Also have some large spruce trees and a birch in the front we thought about having shaped/cleaned up. Arborist came by yesterday and quoted. No issue there but he did say that one of the spruce trees has some disease. The spruce needles have turn brown. Not drought- possibly Cytospora canker- cant remember what he said over the phone.
    The birch has some type of bug that's eating the leaf's and turning them brown. Apparently this is common and can be treated. The spruce I'm worried about as he said typically the trees slowly die and would have 5-7 years left.

Anyone have a recommendation for someone that can help treat the trees? The Arborist is not able to do this for me. He gave me one number (Mr G Plant Heath Care) but I'd like to get a few opinions.
    - Also interested in having the Spruce trees wrapped in Christmas lights but am not seeing any companies that do this- mostly just those permanent home light guys.
    I can't say much for tree's but i would simply get a $50 timer and have it set to water it self on your maintenance schedule. Get some pegs to lift the hose off the ground or you will have an ugly white/dead line on your lawn where it was for 10 days. Cut it before you leave and with the timer set, you should be fine.

My Ride
    Ford, Acura

I'm hoping to be laying sod this weekend. Whats the general consensus on fertilizer on the dirt before you put sod down and if so any recommendations? Its been about 10 years since I've laid sod so I am trying to go back and remember what I did the first time
    Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    ...Last thing I want is someone reading my posts and losing their cock over it...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugarphreak
    Meh, they all look like Jackie Chan to me
    Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    I'm generally cute.

Quote Originally Posted by schurchill39 View Post
    I'm hoping to be laying sod this weekend. Whats the general consensus on fertilizer on the dirt before you put sod down and if so any recommendations? Its been about 10 years since I've laid sod so I am trying to go back and remember what I did the first time
    In my opinion, a starting fertilizer is better spread on the sod itself and watered into the roots. It will be a couple of weeks before the roots migrate to the parent soil when the grass needs support now. Make sure your edges are tight to help with dry out and water the piss out of it for the next two weeks. Thats all you should need to get it to take nice.

My Ride
    Bunch of Honda's

Quote Originally Posted by schurchill39 View Post
    RIP water bill, good luck sir!

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Andy643 View Post
    Going to be on holidays in August for 10 days. Other than having my neighbor water my grass is there anyway to help the grass stay healthy while away?
    Don't mow for awhile before leaving and keep it long. Really long. 10cm+
    Quote Originally Posted by DonJuan View Post
    Came back to ogle 2Legit2Quit wife's buns...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kloubek View Post
    They're certainly big, but I don't know if they are the BEST I've tasted.

My Ride
    Bunch of Honda's

Name:  06FF2416-D488-4646-B135-0D3D9782C2F9.jpg
Views: 597
Size:  549.8 KB

Good girl.

Have the puppers 100% trained to piss on the rocks finally. We’re back baby!

My Ride
    '14 Taco

How you do it? we're moving and i want to get my girls to do the same.. females are brutal on grass. Your grass is *chefs kiss*

My Ride
    Bunch of Honda's

Quote Originally Posted by Brent.ff View Post
    How you do it? we're moving and i want to get my girls to do the same.. females are brutal on grass. Your grass is *chefs kiss*
    Many, many, many trips out there for pee breaks with treats, "on the rocks!".

Lots of "bad girl" and a few gentle boots to the ass when she pees on the grass. And now over time she know not to fuck around hah.

My Ride
    Bikes.Car.Truck

Looks like I got a fairy ring coming in. Shitty. New sod only made it just over a month. Now I gotta deal with that.

Other than that, it's still looking epic.
    Looking around
    Wondering what became
    Of what I once knew

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

I've been out of town for about 5 days and came back to zero weeds on the lawn after spraying two applications. I can tell where I sprayed as the lawn is a bit yellow there but the grass isn't dead, just looks really dry if that makes sense. Not sure if the wife watered at all this week, heard it's been hot...

Will probably keep watering a bunch since I'm back and spot treat as needed. Probably not worth fertilizing or seeding right now
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    Non Baller Vehicles

We had Nutrilawn do a weed treatment application on the front and back lawns and we've seen nary a dandelion since...money well spent as the back yard was basically nothing but dandelions when we moved in...it's not as well taken care of as the front due to the size and the kids toys everywhere and the dog using a patch of it to piss but still...

There was an almost perfect ring around where I had filled in a massive dip in the grass and EZ-Seeded, so I got me some potting soil/compost mix and threw a bunch of grass seed in there to cover the ring. Told the wife to make sure it was kept watered while I was gone, hopefully coming home to at least some sprouting. Will do an overseed and fertilizer application before the end of the month to hopefully get us in good stead for next spring to come back strong

My Ride
    YH2/FK8

Quote Originally Posted by 88CRX View Post

Good girl.

Have the puppers 100% trained to piss on the rocks finally. We’re back baby!
    Awesome Ryan, congrats!

Great looking grass
    SneakerFiles.com | Blog | Team AM Fam

1993 Honda Civic CX (B16A2) - 2002-2005
    1992 Honda Civic Si (K20A2) - 2006-2008
    2008 BMW 335i - 2008-2013
    2008 Honda Element EX AWD - 2013-Current
    2021 Honda Civic Type R LE - 2021-Current

My Ride
    Mazda 3

Quote Originally Posted by ????? View Post
    Just do what you recommend yourself. Do a sweep with the Ortho Killex and dial sprayer.
    Your spot spraying might not be working well since the weather hasn't been consistenly dry and I feel we've had showers daily.

Best results are probably 48 hours of dry weather after application (spot or sweep).
    Quote Originally Posted by nagooro View Post
    Thanks. This is the concentrate I currently have and have been diluting it as per the directions, will try another round of it. I think I need to get rid of the measly spray bottle and get a proper pump sprayer to make it easier.

https://www.homedepot.ca/product/ort...ate/1000120971

Any recommendations for a decent weeder tool? I'll probably start attacking them with chemicals and manual labour.

As for crab grass, I don't think killex works? so removing the root is the only option?
    Did you try and get any good results?
    "forecast" looks dry this week. I'll probably do a sweep today with the Ortho concentrate and dial sprayer.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    V167

https://bc.ctvnews.ca/metro-vancouve...ug-4-1.6498530

Currently, supposed to only water once per week. I water daily. .

My Ride
    Blue boy

Getting there, its coming back

Got quite a bit of quack/crab in the first 2 feet closer to the sidewalk ugh will have to kill those all off

My Ride
    Bikes.Car.Truck

Crabgrass near the sidewalk is very common where I live as well. Not sure why. Doesn't seem to grow anywhere else on my lawn.
    Looking around
    Wondering what became
    Of what I once knew

My Ride
    '14 Taco

Crabgrass can grow better in dry conditions, and next to driveways and sidewalks is always drier/hotter. Hard to keep wet even with irrigation.

Page 125 of 135 FirstFirst ... 115 124 125 126 ... LastLast