Quantcast
Lawn Thread - MEGA - Page 48 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 48 of 135 FirstFirst ... 38 47 48 49 58 ... LastLast

Thread: Lawn Thread - MEGA

My Ride
    Bunch of Honda's

Quote Originally Posted by JordanEG6 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This. We've trained ours not to pee or poop on our grass. And eventually, he'd just hold it for our walks. Sometimes for over 12 hours. My dog hasn't soiled the grass since he was 1or 2, and he's about 4 now.
    Ours has since been trained to actually use the dog run at the side of the house.... but she just turned 1 and still has the odd time mid play where she just decide to wizz on the grass. But I'd say we're 95% of the way there now. But yea it takes a lot of work to train something like that.

Also maybe our dog has a tiny bladder but she'll want out to pee like 3 or 4 times from 5pm-11pm. She's not getting walked 4 times a night lol.

My Ride
    S212 E63s / MK7.5 .:R

Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    For the grass nerds. Would you advise just leaving it uncut before going away for a week?

I might get someone to water once or twice.

I was planning on mowing right before I leave but maybe that’s not smart?
    Depends on the forecast for the week you are away.

If you're going away next week I would probably do an evening mow the day before you leave at the height you normally cut or a notch above. Grass will grow slower with the intense heat so if it's already pretty low you might not even need to cut it.

I would definitely get someone to water (deep watering) once or twice the week you are gone in this heat cause you may risk having your grass go dormant.

For future consideration, elite lawn nerds will put down growth regulator before they leave so they don't come back to a jungle.

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

Can't wait to spray my lawn for weeds this weekend. Weather should be hot and dry for the coming days making it perfect.

Got a bottle of concentrated Killex with a pump sprayer ready to dilute into.

Any tips for post spray? I wasn't planning to mow or water the lawn at all until I see the weeds GTFO after a few days.

My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by Disoblige View Post
    Can't wait to spray my lawn for weeds this weekend. Weather should be hot and dry for the coming days making it perfect.

Any tips for post spray? I wasn't planning to mow or water the lawn at all until I see the weeds GTFO after a few days.
    Will it be your first time using a pump sprayer?

I would add a surfactant into the sprayer.

My Ride
    changes every year

Shitty pics from last night. This is what I'm up against. We've sprayed the weeds, fertilized and have been watering pretty much every night since last week and it's actually looking better, despite what it still looks like.

My Ride
    4x4

roundup and killex - there's an important thing to remember - while you don't want it to wash off before it's absorbed - you do want the plant actively growing... So watering 3-4 hours after application is how you get the best effect.

I still find the lack of discussion about aeration in this thread disturbing Landscaping - it was always the go-to when a problem popped up.

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Lots of aeration talk, but fall is the time to do it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DonJuan View Post
    Came back to ogle 2Legit2Quit wife's buns...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kloubek View Post
    They're certainly big, but I don't know if they are the BEST I've tasted.

My Ride
    changes every year

Quote Originally Posted by Tik-Tok View Post
    Fall? Never heard that before?

My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by Kg810 View Post
    Will it be your first time using a pump sprayer?

I would add a surfactant into the sprayer.
    Yeah it would be. You mean like dish soap?
    I also will be spraying all over (as it's basically everywhere) and trying not to kill grass either.

My Ride
    4x4

Quote Originally Posted by Tik-Tok View Post
    Usually spring / fall are most recommended because then no babysitting to see if you really gave your yard a good soak to get decent penetration...

My Ride
    *The First*

I also will be spraying all over (as it's basically everywhere) and trying not to kill grass either.
    There are surfactant chemicals you can add. I wouldn't bother because the shit you bought is likely the same as mine and it's 13 cents per liter.

My Ride

Dish soap can work as a surfactant just make sure not to use an antibacterial one. You won't need too much and you'll want to fill your sprayer half full before you add your weed killer and dish soap. Make sure you fill up with the hose slowly to decrease the amount of bubbles/suds from forming.

If you're doing a blanket spray and it's your first time using it I highly recommend filling it with just water first and doing test passes on your driveway so you can understand the height you want hold the sprayer and get your pacing figured out. Typically start at knee height with your hand straight (no fanning) and make sure to use the misting/fan nozzle.

My Ride
    Mazda 3

Dish soap can work as a surfactant just make sure not to use an antibacterial one. You won't need too much and you'll want to fill your sprayer half full before you add your weed killer and dish soap. Make sure you fill up with the hose slowly to decrease the amount of bubbles/suds from forming.

If you're doing a blanket spray and it's your first time using it I highly recommend filling it with just water first and doing test passes on your driveway so you can understand the height you want hold the sprayer and get your pacing figured out. Typically start at knee height with your hand straight (no fanning) and make sure to use the misting/fan nozzle.

Is there a difference between a pump sprayer and a dial and spray?

I applied killex concentrate the first time Thursday evening using the dial and spray and yesterday the weeds seem to be all wilted already.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by ????? View Post
    Is there a difference between a pump sprayer and a dial and spray?

I applied killex concentrate the first time Thursday evening using the dial and spray and yesterday the weeds seem to be all wilted already.
    Hose in sprayers will dilute as you spray assuming you've filled the sprayer with the correct amount for your sqft.

Pump sprayers/battery powered sprayers usually come in 1, 2, 3 and 4L options and you're required to mix everything in the tank yourself. You won't be tied to your hose so you have more control.

Both are great options.

My Ride
    V167

@Kg810 , are these hot and dry conditions ideal for a blanket application of tenacity? I am dealing with rampant clover, creeping butter cup.

My Ride
    93 240sx SE, 17 Infiniti Q50S, 2008 Highlander

Since my dog eats grass when hes roaming in the yard, I didnt wanna use Killex even though it says its safe for pets/children after 24 hours.

I mixed regular vinegar, a bunch of table salt and regular dish soap into a spray bottle. It actually works surpringly
    Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    You know those bored stay at home moms who's entire lives revolve around driving their kids to soccer, various cleaning accessories, and worrying about neighbourhood rapists? The kind of people that watch the View and go "uh huh..." Those unfulfilled people who try to fill the void in their empty lives by writing whiny letters to the editor complaining about shit that no one really cares about?

Well imagine if instead of writing that letter to the editor, she just posts on a car forum for car enthusiasts. That's Kritafo.

My Ride
    Mazda 3

Hose in sprayers will dilute as you spray assuming you've filled the sprayer with the correct amount for your sqft.

Pump sprayers/battery powered sprayers usually come in 1, 2, 3 and 4L options and you're required to mix everything in the tank yourself. You won't be tied to your hose so you have more control.

Both are great options.
    Quote Originally Posted by nismodrifter View Post
    @Kg810 , are these hot and dry conditions ideal for a blanket application of tenacity? I am dealing with rampant clover, creeping butter cup.

I just filled the entire spray bottle with the concentrate and did a consistent spray over my lawn and side of the house where its all weeds.

I also have tenacity ready to be sprayed but its been too windy where I am the recent weeks and now the weeds are getting huge. That's why I went with the Killex.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by nismodrifter View Post
    Tenacity has a max temperature you can apply it at. Double check the label. I'd be a bit wary applying a blanket app of tenacity in extreme heat cause tenacity inhibits photosynthesis which will cause bleaching of desirable grass and non desirable grass. But if your heat is already under heat stress and you inhibit its ability to recover you might risk setting back your good grass.

If you absolutely need to I would just spot spray areas that are heavily taken over by clover and creeping butter cup.

Quote Originally Posted by dj_rice View Post
    Since my dog eats grass when hes roaming in the yard, I didnt wanna use Killex even though it says its safe for pets/children after 24 hours.

I mixed regular vinegar, a bunch of table salt and regular dish soap into a spray bottle. It actually works surpringly
    Issue with vinegar and salt is they will kill everything you apply it to. So just be careful unless you're just nuking certain spots.

My Ride

Yep thanks.
    I diluted 24 ml to make 4 L worth and applied it today. I actually should have made a tad more because it said 1 L covers only 50 square feet. I'll spot spray any weeds that still remain in a couple weeks.

I will probably water the lawn in a few days when we are in that heat wave so my lawn doesn't die.

My Ride
    Lotus and a Honda.

Quote Originally Posted by dj_rice View Post

I use this method in our front rock garden, works like a charm.
    Cereal Killer.
    @iambrianspilner

Page 48 of 135 FirstFirst ... 38 47 48 49 58 ... LastLast