Lawn Thread - MEGA - Page 80 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 80 of 134 FirstFirst ... 70 79 80 81 90 ... LastLast
Results 1,581 to 1,600 of 2668

Thread: Lawn Thread - MEGA

My Ride
    Ram 1500, '68 Camaro, S14

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    i think they can use a thing that slices into the turf without actual trenching
    Yah like a machine with a big blade, that just puts the tubing in behind it is what I’m picturing/remembering? Maybe I’m making that up though lol

My Ride
    Defender, Allroad

Quote Originally Posted by JfuckinC View Post
    Yah like a machine with a big blade, that just puts the tubing in behind it is what I’m picturing/remembering? Maybe I’m making that up though lol
    I saw it on Clarkson's Farm and always thought that machine was so cool. Maybe that's where you saw it too?

My Ride
    ute

Having irrigation is one of those things once you have, you would never go without. I'd just do it.

My Ride
    4x4

Regency irrigation used to run a diy focused course

Quote Originally Posted by schurchill39 View Post
    For anyone who has done irrigation recently what ball park prices did you pay? A buddy of mine had it done a few years back and said it was about $600/zone including the controller with the typical suburban house using 3 zones. Does that sound about right?
    We had ours installed in 2019. 2 zones + the plumbing was $2300. We supplied our own controller (Rachio). Got a few different quotes, ranged from $1800-2300.

I put in irrigation at my place last year with a friend's help and experience doing it before. We rented the trencher from Rogers rental and sourced the material from emco I believe. Ended up using the wyze sprinkler controller so it tied into the same app as my cameras. 3 zones for grass plus bubblers for several areas throughout the yard. Took us a weekend of work and about $1200 in total. I'd say don't bother with half assing it with a temp solution and just do it once and do it right.

- - - Updated - - -

Name:  PXL_20220610_215727892.jpg
Views: 456
Size:  401.2 KB
    Obligatory pic. This is with 2 dogs who couldn't be bothered to use the gravel areas to piss. Put down some ez seed in some patchy areas last week hoping the rain will bring it back.

My Ride
    YH2/FK8

Quote Originally Posted by npham View Post
    Has anyone DIY'd an irrigation/sprinkler system? I don't have a big yard, and there's no sod down yet.
    I did it. It's easy and cheap. Non-pie lot, front/back yard total grass coverage is around 1000 sq ft. Cost me about $700-800 in hardware for 4 zones. The only thing I did not install was a rain sensor, so I have to manually pause it for rainy days.
    SneakerFiles.com | Blog | Team AM Fam

1993 Honda Civic CX (B16A2) - 2002-2005
    1992 Honda Civic Si (K20A2) - 2006-2008
    2008 BMW 335i - 2008-2013
    2008 Honda Element EX AWD - 2013-Current
    2021 Honda Civic Type R LE - 2021-Current

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

An alternative to a rain sensor is use a a smart meter that can check the weather from the internet.

Bonus points is you can activate and program those form your phone.

Planning on installing irrigation probably next summer, there is some significant landscaping changes I want to make and it doesn’t make sense to run lines this year only to dig them up next.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Smart Wifi controller or bust.

A rain sensor will stop the system from turning on while it's actively raining, but if it had poured the day before and then the sun came out and dried the sensor (which is often in Calgary), then it's still going to come on.
    Quote Originally Posted by DonJuan View Post
    Came back to ogle 2Legit2Quit wife's buns...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kloubek View Post
    They're certainly big, but I don't know if they are the BEST I've tasted.

My Ride
    Ford, Acura

I was just looking at the Rain Bird website and it looks like they offer a service that will design the system for you and give you a shopping list of everything you need if you get them a detailed layout of your yard, water pressure and flow rate, and a few more things. I think I am going to go that route if everyone is booking up for the year already. We already know what changes we want to make to the yard so putting in irrigation seems like a logical first step.
    Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    ...Last thing I want is someone reading my posts and losing their cock over it...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugarphreak
    Meh, they all look like Jackie Chan to me
    Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    I'm generally cute.

Rain tech also does diy support:
    https://raintech.ca/diy-packages/

I’ve got a guy coming to quote a job tomorrow but if it’s excessive I’ll probably try this diy design service.

Regency Irrigation has the same kind of service. Send them your landscape plan, they design the system and give you a couple of options for the parts. You get the same type of plan with sprinkler locations and pipe layout. I used them a couple of years ago when I did mine. I did all the installation in the yard then had them connect the system to the water in the house.

My Ride
    2018 Tesla P3D

I installed my own irrigation last summer. Front yard that's ~30' x 15' (posted a pic in this thread a few pages back) and a rear yard that's ~30' x 24'; 6 zones altogether including several flower beds and planters. Dug all the trenches by hand, which really isn't that hard; just make sure you water the lawn for an hour before. Hoses, adapters, heads, etc costs <$300. The backflow preventer (if you don't already have one) was another $300. I then bought a fancy wifi controller (Rachio 3), which I highly recommend for another $300. Wisest investment ever! For anyone contemplating irrigation, just do it. It's not as expensive as you think and it actually saves me money since it only waters each zone <10 mins a day (compared to hand watering and forgetting to turn off the sprinklers after 30+ mins) and I still have a lush green lawn.
    Last edited by mo_money2supe; 06-13-2022 at 04:30 PM.

Get 6 months of free supercharging & FSD trial when you buy a new Tesla: https://ts.la/simon82305
    Free test drives for actual interested parties! We own both a Model 3 Performance and a Model X 90D.

My Ride
    2002 e46

I used to install for Regency back in the day. Have moved twice since then, and have installed a new irrigation system in each place. Irrigation pipe technology has improved alot over the years. The Blu-Loc system is so easy, the hard work is really just digging the trenches. Now if you can get your hands on a trenching machine, DIY is crazy simple. When I bought my last place, the neighbor was adament that grass just wont grow cause of all the spruce tree's. Buddy is eating his words not. Like it has been said on here before....90% of getting a better lawn is literally just giving a shit about your lawn.

One thing that sucks now, is that since the flood, you technically have to get a permit from the city (I think) for the plumbing. No longer can get a simple ball valve installed. Have to get a fancy one, and it (should) be regularly tested..

My Ride

when will i know if my seed-a-thon on the 11th is viable? its obviously been well hydrated lol.. someone said 2 weeks for germination, when should i see sprouts?

My Ride
    V8s

when will i know if my seed-a-thon on the 11th is viable? its obviously been well hydrated lol.. someone said 2 weeks for germination, when should i see sprouts?
    Last time I seeded, it took at least a couple weeks. Seemed like an eternity.

Even my EZ seed I put down this year didn't start to go until like day 9 or something.

My Ride
    S212 E63s / MK7.5 .:R

There are so many factors.

Was the seed properly planted and covered?
    Has the amount of rain we've received washed any of the seed away?
    Has your soil temperatures been high enough to allow germination?
    etc

Some people can see germination within a week, but some can take 2-3 weeks. I'd say if you don't see anything after 3 weeks, you'll need to do it again.

My Ride

i did it in layers of seed, then dirt , then rake, a couple times... most of the seed was covered and there isn't enough slope i don't think anything washed away.. South facing yard, so hopefully the sun has kept the temp decent enough for proper germination...

Fingers crossed, if it doesn't work i'm telling my wife this Cardening forum is useful and at fault.

My Ride
    Bunch of Honda's

Should have done sod lol

But yea give it another week or so. Feel like it hasn't been hot enough to get real strong growth yet this year. My Ez Seed sprouts are still all hairy looking, hasn't really thickened up at all yet.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Man. Sod would have taken so well with the rain we have been having.

My neighbour sodded some sections in May and honestly I can’t even tell the difference anymore.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

Page 80 of 134 FirstFirst ... 70 79 80 81 90 ... LastLast