Quantcast
Lawn Thread - MEGA - Page 22 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 22 of 132 FirstFirst ... 12 21 22 23 32 ... LastLast

Thread: Lawn Thread - MEGA

My Ride
    93 240sx SE, 17 Infiniti Q50S, 2008 Highlander

Quote Originally Posted by firebane View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yeah not sure what is in that stuff but it works very well for patchy areas of lawns. I have used it a few times with some good grass see and as you found it works fairly well.
    The growing patch grass looks better than my entire lawn... LOL but theres fertilizer in that EZ Seed mix. I've never fertilized my lawn ever.
    Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    You know those bored stay at home moms who's entire lives revolve around driving their kids to soccer, various cleaning accessories, and worrying about neighbourhood rapists? The kind of people that watch the View and go "uh huh..." Those unfulfilled people who try to fill the void in their empty lives by writing whiny letters to the editor complaining about shit that no one really cares about?

Well imagine if instead of writing that letter to the editor, she just posts on a car forum for car enthusiasts. That's Kritafo.

My Ride
    2005 Dirtymax

Quote Originally Posted by dj_rice View Post
    The growing patch grass looks better than my entire lawn... LOL but theres fertilizer in that EZ Seed mix. I've never fertilized my lawn ever.
    Yeah you'll end up with little green patches everywhere that is thick and bright green

My Ride
    Bunch of Honda's

Yea the EZ Seed I used on our vole damage looks way nicer then the rest of the lawn

Scott’s EZ seed is indeed miraculous. I just wish it wasn’t so expensive. Best price I’ve found was Costco 59.99 for the biggest bag, hoping to find a better deal though.

My Ride
    V8s

You can just make EZ seed yourself for a fraction of the price. Soil, fertilizer, grass seed haha. It's not rocket science.

My Ride
    Bunch of Honda's

Completely overpriced, yes. Home Depot had it on sale in the spring but full price everywhere now. But it doesn't have regular soil in it, it has that almost shale looking soil that expands like crazy when its wet.

Edit: Just googled it. I'm totally making my own mix. Triple Mix (w/peat moss in it) + seed. Now if I make up a big pail of it do I have to worry about the seed starting to germinate in my pail? Assuming I dont wet it lol. But isn't peat moss kinda moist straight out of the package?

My Ride
    2005 Dirtymax

Quote Originally Posted by 88CRX View Post
    Completely overpriced, yes. Home Depot had it on sale in the spring but full price everywhere now. But it doesn't have regular soil in it, it has that almost shale looking soil that expands like crazy when its wet.

Edit: Just googled it. I'm totally making my own mix. Triple Mix (w/peat moss in it) + seed. Now if I make up a big pail of it do I have to worry about the seed starting to germinate in my pail? Assuming I dont wet it lol. But isn't peat moss kinda moist straight out of the package?
    I feel like the EZ Seed is partially dehydrated which is why when it gets wet it expands so much.

My Ride
    '14 Taco

Quote Originally Posted by 88CRX View Post

This is what i did (see post above). i just mixed seed in a 5 gallon bucket with potting mix that was heavy on peatmoss, worked really well to retain moisture instead of having to water your lawn every 4 minutes..

It's not just soil/peat moss, it's way better. I don't know what it is exactly but if i've never seen it available stand-alone. If someone has a lead on where i could buy that brown stuff separately i'd love to make my own mix with my own seeds and starter fertilizer.

My Ride
    '14 Taco

I doubt it's actually better then just seed/peatmoss/soil/fertilizer that most people have in their garage, for the cost anyway..

gonna work on my dog pee spots today however, thanks for inspiration!

Like anything, you pay for a quality proprietary product and convenience. Two biggest things for me is that their product is very forgiving if you forget to water since the mulch holds 6x its weight in water, and also stays in place really well (i have a small slope on my front lawn so you really have to be careful if you just use soil and seed otherwise they move around). 7 days max and you will start seeing grass pop out (sometimes even 5 days).

Personally never been able to get grass to pop out that fast with just seed/soil, even with watering twice per day. I admit i've never used starter fertilizer when i've done small patches so maybe that's they key piece i'm missing with a DIY mix?

My Ride
    GMC Sierra

Good timing/weather for seeding right now. Anybody doing any major lawn renovations? I'll be aerating, Tenacity treatment and start pushing with lots of fertilizer in the next week or so.

My Ride
    4x4

Quote Originally Posted by sabad66 View Post
    It's not just soil/peat moss, it's way better. I don't know what it is exactly but if i've never seen it available stand-alone. If someone has a lead on where i could buy that brown stuff separately i'd love to make my own mix with my own seeds and starter fertilizer.
    Likely it's just coco coir, little compressed bricks fill up a 5g pail once you add water.

My Ride
    '18 Murano

Now that the heatwave is over, going to fix the mess that Telus made. Yeah, they re-filled the holes and hydro-seeded but didn't fix the dead grass beside the holes.
    I may fertilize again and try to get the heat-stressed front lawn thickened up again. The back seems immune to the heat, must be thicker soil or something.

My Ride
    93 240sx SE, 17 Infiniti Q50S, 2008 Highlander

Quote Originally Posted by The_Penguin View Post
    Now that the heatwave is over, going to fix the mess that Telus made. Yeah, they re-filled the holes and hydro-seeded but didn't fix the dead grass beside the holes.
    I may fertilize again and try to get the heat-stressed front lawn thickened up again. The back seems immune to the heat, must be thicker soil or something.
    I'm waiting to see what they do with mine. The tunneling they did, split and raised the grass level. So I have a big crack from the street up to my house that isn't level with my grading.
    Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    You know those bored stay at home moms who's entire lives revolve around driving their kids to soccer, various cleaning accessories, and worrying about neighbourhood rapists? The kind of people that watch the View and go "uh huh..." Those unfulfilled people who try to fill the void in their empty lives by writing whiny letters to the editor complaining about shit that no one really cares about?

Well imagine if instead of writing that letter to the editor, she just posts on a car forum for car enthusiasts. That's Kritafo.

My Ride
    992 T-hawk Golf R

I planted grass seed during the heat wave and had new sprouts in 3 days after heavily watering every day. It will help get the front lawn back to normal after adding this front patio.
    Last edited by 90_Shelby; 09-04-2020 at 10:23 AM.
    I like neat cars.

My Ride
    GMC Sierra

Looks nice, did you build that?

My Ride
    V167

Big change in weather here this week as well, last few weeks have been scorching. We finally got a few days of good rain and its cooled down. Noticed nice dew on the grass this AM.
    I have a few patches that took a beating during the heat wave. Will get some soil, peat moss, and seed (DIY EZ Seed as discussed earlier in this thread) to do some spot repairs.

Noticed last night it was dark outside by 9pm Is that it?? Summer is over?

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Quote Originally Posted by nismodrifter View Post
    Means the good part of summer is just starting. Lasts until mid October.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Quote Originally Posted by nismodrifter View Post
    Big change in weather here this week as well, last few weeks have been scorching. We finally got a few days of good rain and its cooled down. Noticed nice dew on the grass this AM.
    I have a few patches that took a beating during the heat wave. Will get some soil, peat moss, and seed (DIY EZ Seed as discussed earlier in this thread) to do some spot repairs.

We are almost 2 months past solstice haha, official sunset is 9:06pm for Calgary today.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    Means the good part of summer is just starting. Lasts until mid October.
    Agreed. We get darkness and warmth. Best part of the year.

The whole 11pm sunniness is lame.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

Page 22 of 132 FirstFirst ... 12 21 22 23 32 ... LastLast