Quantcast
Lawn Thread - MEGA - Page 13 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 13 of 134 FirstFirst ... 3 12 13 14 23 ... LastLast

Thread: Lawn Thread - MEGA

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket1k78 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thanks for the fertilizer help guys, Gonna try and do it tonight

Can you post which one you got? I checked lowes.ca and they dont even have a kobalt one listed. Thanks

I can post a picture in a few hours. I didn't even know kobalt made one and it's not listed on Lowe's website, seems like a discontinued model. Crowfoot had 1 left as of yesterday. The instruction manual is pretty similar to the greenworks one, some of the paragraphs are verbatim when comparing the two. Getting an extension cord today and will test it out.

^^Thanks for the heads up! Called crowfoot to see if it was still there and they had it so i went to get it last night. The box was pretty messed up and looked to be opened on both ends so i was hesitant but was about to get it anyways until i noticed a new one on the racks above. $100 is an insane deal so hopefully this works, i use the kobalt electric mower and shes been pretty good to me. I must be getting old because i cant wait to use this and fertilize

So it looks like its going to rain pretty good tomorrow, would it be ok to fertilize tonight and then let the rain water it tomorrow or do i have to water immediately after i spread the fertilizer?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    and I did not have the only say in the matter (most people just want it done ASAP and don't care about quality).
    If anything we made a better decision because we had a consensus and were all on the same page.

My Ride
    WK2

^^Thanks for the heads up! Called crowfoot to see if it was still there and they had it so i went to get it last night. The box was pretty messed up and looked to be opened on both ends so i was hesitant but was about to get it anyways until i noticed a new one on the racks above. $100 is an insane deal so hopefully this works, i use the kobalt electric mower and shes been pretty good to me. I must be getting old because i cant wait to use this and fertilize

So it looks like its going to rain pretty good tomorrow, would it be ok to fertilize tonight and then let the rain water it tomorrow or do i have to water immediately after i spread the fertilizer?
    You should be good to fertilize tonight and let the rain do it's thing tomorrow. I usually fertilize a day or two before rain - as long as temperatures are mild. I think you just want to avoid fertilizing during a heat wave and/or drought.

Went and bought the fertilizer and spreader, cant wait to try out the dethatcher and fertilizer tonight. Really appreciate all the help boys. Ill snap a pic tonight and compare in a couple weeks
    and I did not have the only say in the matter (most people just want it done ASAP and don't care about quality).
    If anything we made a better decision because we had a consensus and were all on the same page.

My Ride
    Bunch of Honda's

Went and bought the fertilizer and spreader, cant wait to try out the dethatcher and fertilizer tonight. Really appreciate all the help boys. Ill snap a pic tonight and compare in a couple weeks
    Get ready for your grass to grow at a much faster rate! And be sure not to dump too much in one spot, just keep moving with the spreader and try not to overlap too much. I think the fertilizers these days are pretty easy to spread as I've never burnt my lawn.

In a couple months you'll be able to give 89coupe a run for his money. haha

Edit: Photo for reference.... lawn is back... despite the puppy trying her best to kill as many spots as possible.

how many of those were left? $100 for a dethatcher seems like a smoking deal.

Quote Originally Posted by 88CRX View Post
    Get ready for your grass to grow at a much faster rate! And be sure not to dump too much in one spot, just keep moving with the spreader and try not to overlap too much. I think the fertilizers these days are pretty easy to spread as I've never burnt my lawn.

In a couple months you'll be able to give 89coupe a run for his money. haha

Edit: Photo for reference.... lawn is back... despite the puppy trying her best to kill as many spots as possible.
    I was on the scotts site and the Turf builder lawn food guaranteed no burn so hopefully thats true haha. Im definitely going to set the setting on the spreader lower so i dont over do it.

Quote Originally Posted by sabad66 View Post
    how many of those were left? $100 for a dethatcher seems like a smoking deal.
    There was one left when i got mine but the box was really mangled, it looked like a return that they didnt give a shit about re packing properly lol Give them a call to see if they have more up top, thats where i found mine. $100 is an insane deal, i checked HD and CT online and they both show them starting at $200.00.

Ended up mowing the lawn and trying out the dethatcher just now. Im 99% sure this is just a rebranded greenworks one or something (which is highly rated). Tons of the images and text from the Kobalt user manual is the exact same, and this one has a height adjustment knob, which looks to be the exact same as the Greenworks. For $100, this seems like a pretty hot deal.

FYI - If you need an extension cord, Costco has a suitable one in warehouse and online (needs to be somewhat heavy duty). I picked it up yesterday for $40.

https://www.costco.ca/prime-123-sjtw...100522676.html

Name:  pbaKRlX.jpg
Views: 387
Size:  75.8 KB

Name:  EaNYJOF.jpg
Views: 385
Size:  64.7 KB

Name:  WCuZdIH.jpg
Views: 387
Size:  110.2 KB

Name:  S6LL1r2.jpg
Views: 398
Size:  178.9 KB
    Last edited by nagooro; 06-16-2020 at 05:28 PM.

My Ride
    *The First*

Quote Originally Posted by ThePenIsMightier View Post
    No. Minor "stain" of clippings along maybe two sides and a bit of a layer at the bottom. Fucks given = 0.
    @88CRX
    Example:
    Name:  20200616_170236.jpg
Views: 374
Size:  50.6 KB

My Ride
    Bunch of Honda's

Yea I cut mine last night and tossed er straight in the bin. Must easier then dealing with bags obviously. Will report bin status after pickup on Friday.

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

If you do want to bag your grass, we picked up one of these. Also works awesome for tree trimmings, garden cleanup, and leaf pickup in the fall.

https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/l...-0590846p.html

Name:  717AiEv+fjL._AC_SL1170_.jpg
Views: 375
Size:  41.0 KB

I was on the scotts site and the Turf builder lawn food guaranteed no burn so hopefully thats true haha. Im definitely going to set the setting on the spreader lower so i dont over do it.

There was one left when i got mine but the box was really mangled, it looked like a return that they didnt give a shit about re packing properly lol Give them a call to see if they have more up top, thats where i found mine. $100 is an insane deal, i checked HD and CT online and they both show them starting at $200.00.
    Just went and picked one up from crowfoot Lowe’s. It was the last one on the shelf, but Box was not beat up at all so they must have a bunch somewhere that they keep replenishing. I think this one is even better than the Greenworks model since it has adjustable height. Thx for the heads up brothers

Just went and picked one up from crowfoot Lowe’s. It was the last one on the shelf, but Box was not beat up at all so they must have a bunch somewhere that they keep replenishing. I think this one is even better than the Greenworks model since it has adjustable height. Thx for the heads up brothers
    The old greenworks could be height adjusted, for whatever reason they removed that feature from the newer model. Let us know how it goes when you use it.

My Ride
    Bunch of Honda's

Quote Originally Posted by Tik-Tok View Post
    If you do want to bag your grass, we picked up one of these. Also works awesome for tree trimmings, garden cleanup, and leaf pickup in the fall.

https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/l...-0590846p.html

Name:  717AiEv+fjL._AC_SL1170_.jpg
Views: 375
Size:  41.0 KB
    Yes! That’s a million dollar idea right there haha

I might have to pick one up. Still not sure about the loose clippings in the bin and all the stank.

My Ride
    Mazda 3

Quote Originally Posted by nagooro View Post
    The old greenworks could be height adjusted, for whatever reason they removed that feature from the newer model. Let us know how it goes when you use it.
    The Kobalt one is the old Greenworks one both with the adjustable wheels.
    You can tell the Kobalt one looks identical to the old Greenworks.

Name:  B779616.jpg
Views: 369
Size:  28.8 KB
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

I dont have anything to compare this against because up until last week i didnt even know you dethatched lawns but from what i removed last night i would have to say this thing is worth every penny. I knew my lawn was covered in garbage because i could see all the yellow grass underneath but i was still amazed how much this removed with only one pass at the Med setting. This is a solid machine for sure and its pretty effortless because it pulls itself forward, the only thing im not used to is having to use extension cords, a battery one would be sweet. I also found out last night after i was done that you could do a couple passes if needed so i might do another in a couple weeks if she doesnt get any greener than before. I fertilized last night so hopefully this all helps. The pic from above makes it look greener than it actually is but compared to both neighbors its no where near as green
    Attached Images Attached Images    

My Ride
    Mazda 3

I dont have anything to compare this against because up until last week i didnt even know you dethatched lawns but from what i removed last night i would have to say this thing is worth every penny. I knew my lawn was covered in garbage because i could see all the yellow grass underneath but i was still amazed how much this removed with only one pass at the Med setting. This is a solid machine for sure and its pretty effortless because it pulls itself forward, the only thing im not used to is having to use extension cords, a battery one would be sweet. I also found out last night after i was done that you could do a couple passes if needed so i might do another in a couple weeks if she doesnt get any greener than before. I fertilized last night so hopefully this all helps. The pic from above makes it look greener than it actually is but compared to both neighbors its no where near as green
    It'll take more than a couple weeks before it gets greener after dethatching and fertilizing.
    I did mine with two perpendicular passes mid spring and didn't become full and green till about two weeks ago.

But it will get there!
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    Neo-Liberal Anarchist Mobile

That is a gorgeous backyard RocketY2K.

My Ride
    V167

Quote Originally Posted by The_Rural_Juror View Post
    That is a gorgeous backyard RocketY2K.
    This. Love it!

What kind of rake are you guys using for grass/leaves? Just picked up a garant 20 tine, but it feels pretty aggressive.

https://www.homedepot.ca/product/gar...dle/1000822359

Might try this one...
    https://www.amazon.ca/Groundskeeper-...2422028&sr=8-1

Page 13 of 134 FirstFirst ... 3 12 13 14 23 ... LastLast