Quantcast
Petty Neighbourhood - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 12 1 2 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Petty Neighbourhood

Default Petty Neighbourhood

Long story short.

3 Houses live side by side in the community on a bend. Young families, and both the husbands and wives more or less try and control the neighbourhood. Constantly putting slow down signs in the middle of the road (bylaw has spoken to them 3 times... but they still do it). I've been singled out and flipped off by them on too many occasions to count and told anything over 20km/hr in a residential is putting everyone at risk...

Nonetheless, it's gotten to the point where they hide behind their trucks on their bicycles (my car has an aftermarket exhaust so they know when I'm leaving my house and they are always hanging out in one anothers garages) and when I reach the bend they will all cut me off in their bikes to the point where I have to pump my brakes because they are intentionally doing it at the last second..then they weave in front of my vehicle until I reach the end of the community.

What would you do?

Edit: Also, I'm tired of them sitting on their driveways just staring at me. Watching me. Honestly it's creepy and weird. Also, it makes my guests uncomfortable when they literally stand on their driveways and watch anyone. They come out of their houses whenever I drive by to stare.
    Last edited by ickyflex; 08-19-2019 at 01:25 PM.

My Ride
    X5D, Fiesta ST

Dashcam video, after a couple times submit it to the police.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Don't be a pussy. Run them down. Kill the leader and the rest will fall into line.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Pt Cruiser

Why don't you just get a dash cam and run them over?

Extraslow hit the nail on the head. Bicycles are considered vehicles once on the roadway.

Quote Originally Posted by BavarianBeast View Post
    Why don't you just get a dash cam and run them over?

Extraslow hit the nail on the head. Bicycles are considered vehicles once on the roadway.
    haha as great as that would be, I just figured I'd likely be at fault.

Wow, what a bunch of children.

I'd get it on video too just in case, but the police won't do anything at all. You can hand them a guaranteed conviction and they won't even show up. At least this way though if something ever does happen and they try blame you for it, you have evidence of their ridiculousness. Amazing they have that much time to waste that they can sit around on their bikes waiting for you to leave the house.

As satisfying as it would be to retaliate, they seem like they would take it 10X further and apparently have the time to do so.

You could fill a super soaker with vinegar and spray a message into their lawn through the fence at night haha.

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

If they are STUPID enough to cut off a vehicle on a bike, dash cam the whole thing. Expect them to come out of their homes yelling and screaming.

Dont leave tire marks on their body, but bump them enough that they learn their lesson. Bikes share the road.

Obviously if they are sitting in the middle of the road, you cant just run them over either. It has to be a sudden thing.

My Ride
    Sierra, RDX

Get a dashcam and start filming their nonsense. Tell them that you have the camera and will be submitting the videos to the police. If you have a community Facebook page, post them there too, asking if the page knows who they are (even if you already do). If they are darting out from between cars, a slight bump might be enough to straighten them out, just enough to knock them down, nothing more.

Or start your car and just let it idle. If they are waiting based on hearing you, let them waste their time and they'll eventually get tired of it.
    See Crank. See Crank Walk. Walk Crank Walk.

My Ride
    Pt Cruiser

I'm about 90% sure you wouldn't be at fault if you were going the speed limit.

NIMBYs and 'NEIGHBORS' are the worst though. Seem to be everywhere. Got this nice note in my mailbox one afternoon about the sound and speed of my m3 (I don't go over 50 in residential and it's not an M5 you cowardly piece of shit), decided to respond by buying a V10, throwing a titanium exhaust on the car and just downshifting, driving at 8000rpm by their house now. Sometimes you just gotta put those fuckers in their place.

Name:  2.jpg
Views: 1028
Size:  60.4 KB

NIMBYs are the worst though. Seem to be everywhere. Got this nice note in my mailbox one afternoon about the sound and speed of my m3 (I don't go over 50 in residential and it's not an M5 you cowardly piece of shit), decided to respond by buying a V10, throwing a titanium exhaust on the car and just downshifting, driving at 8000rpm by their house now. Sometimes you just gotta put those fuckers in their place.
    LOL that note

Wow, all that letter would make anyone want to do is annoy them twice as much. It boggles the mind that people think they will get results with things like that, full of petty insults. That is textbook Karen / Soccer Mom.

My Ride
    (0^oo^0)~

NIMBYs and 'NEIGHBORS' are the worst though. Seem to be everywhere. Got this nice note in my mailbox one afternoon about the sound and speed of my m3 (I don't go over 50 in residential and it's not an M5 you cowardly piece of shit), decided to respond by buying a V10, throwing a titanium exhaust on the car and just downshifting, driving at 8000rpm by their house now. Sometimes you just gotta put those fuckers in their place.

Talk about weak scare tactics.

How has it been in the past year after receiving that letter?

My Ride
    2021 Zonda CRV

Create a business case.

Take note and photographs of the signs. Report them to Bylaw. If you can, also note when bylaw has spoken to them.
    Get a dash cam. Keep recordings of this happening.

Once you have this, go see your city counselor. They may fob you off via email or the phone. Insist on a meeting, that way the meeting is logged. Insist on this being investigated in regards to the bylaw, have the records of the bylaw officers speaking to them pulled. Is it a issue with the bylaw or its not being enforced properly..? Does the bylaw need to be amended..?
    Is it bylaw issue or now a policing issue where you have people trying to police the streets or be a nuisance to drivers (i.e antisocial behavior)?

My Ride
    The SHBARUS

Buy the kids some bagpipes and give them free lessons as an apology

How many visits before Bylaw fines them for the signs? I'm surprised they're getting so many chances.

My Ride
    Sierra, RDX

Awesome. Why is that people always try to use their imaginary connections to scare people? Anyone with actual connections isn't going to be running around saying they'll rat you out, they just do.

My Ride
    X5D, Fiesta ST

Lmk where and I can keep putting their signs out of their misery too if you want.

Quote Originally Posted by tonytiger55 View Post
    Create a business case.

Take note and photographs of the signs. Report them to Bylaw. If you can, also note when bylaw has spoken to them.
    Get a dash cam. Keep recordings of this happening.

Once you have this, go see your city counselor. They may fob you off via email or the phone. Insist on a meeting, that way the meeting is logged. Insist on this being investigated in regards to the bylaw, have the records of the bylaw officers speaking to them pulled. Is it a issue with the bylaw or its not being enforced properly..? Does the bylaw need to be amended..?
    Is it bylaw issue or now a policing issue where you have people trying to police the streets or be a nuisance to drivers (i.e antisocial behavior)?
    Bylaw said they will continue to pursue their stupid sign in the middle of the road (I may just pick it up myself and throw it in the construction trash).
    Police said they will have to handle the bike issue, but truthfully speaking the he said/she said scenario is never going to go well so it is best to try and build a case with evidence they can act on

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Twin_Cam_Turbo View Post
    Lmk where and I can keep putting their signs out of their misery too if you want.
    I thought about it, but I know if anything happens to it they will 100% think it's me haha

My Ride
    Sierra, RDX

Quote Originally Posted by ickyflex View Post
    Bylaw said they will continue to pursue their stupid sign in the middle of the road (I may just pick it up myself and throw it in the construction trash).
    Police said they will have to handle the bike issue, but truthfully speaking the he said/she said scenario is never going to go well so it is best to try and build a case with evidence they can act on

- - - Updated - - -

I thought about it, but I know if anything happens to it they will 100% think it's me haha
    Should be pretty to get the evidence with a dash cam. Day after day of it happening at slightly different times and the same people should show a pretty clear pattern for the police to work with

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Quote Originally Posted by FraserB View Post
    Should be pretty to get the evidence with a dash cam. Day after day of it happening at slightly different times and the same people should show a pretty clear pattern for the police to work with
    Tell police you are worried they are trying to create a fraudulent insurance claim and you want it documented so you can't be framed for this not-a-crime.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

Page 1 of 12 1 2 11 ... LastLast