Quantcast
Petty Neighbourhood - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Petty Neighbourhood

My Ride
    2018 Civic Si coupe

Get some security cameras if you don't have any already, hopefully they don't start taking things to the next level.

Quote Originally Posted by Swank View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Get some security cameras if you don't have any already, hopefully they don't start taking things to the next level.
    I do have security cameras now as someone conveniently drove their truck all over my landscaping once it was done. I can only imagine who that was.

My Ride
    (maah raahde)

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    Don't be a pussy. Run them down. Kill the leader and the rest will fall into line.
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to ExtraSlow again.

My Ride
    V8s

I would love to hear the neighbors side of the story (told by them). Not trying to imply OP isn't being truthful or w/e, but would be interesting to hear the other POV.

Quote Originally Posted by cjblair View Post
    I would love to hear the neighbors side of the story (told by them). Not trying to imply OP isn't being truthful or w/e, but would be interesting to hear the other POV.
    "Drives too fast", "Loud Car = driving fast", "Intentionally revs like a maniac anytime he drives in front of our house now - this is accurate".

I'm not implying I don't retaliate (calling bylaw, intentionally being loud now in front of their house, driving on the side closest to their houses when I have to drive "around" their middle of the street signage)
    Last edited by ickyflex; 08-19-2019 at 02:20 PM.

I am surprised that you guys think CPS is going to do anything at all. They don't dedicate resources to stuff like this. I can't see them lifting a finger to deal with a couple neighborhood crazies on bikes - at the very most they will just give them a verbal warning and they will be back at it the next day without consequence. You're probably better off using the 311 app every single time the signs are out to try and get them fined.

If their signs are out at night just take them and hurl them into the nearest dumpster, say you thought it was garbage someone left on the road.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    I am surprised that you guys think CPS is going to do anything at all. They don't dedicate resources to stuff like this. I can't see them lifting a finger to deal with a couple neighborhood crazies on bikes - at the very most they will just give them a verbal warning and they will be back at it the next day without consequence. You're probably better off using the 311 app every single time the signs are out to try and get them fined.
    That's kind of what I was thinking, doesn't seem like any warnings seem to matter either. (i.e. signage out after 3 follows up with bylaw)

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

Dash cam... be as annoying as possible within the law (buy gas powered lawn equipment, pull off mufflers, run right up to noise curfew limits, drive in 1st gear at 50km/h, etc) push them to the brink. Get assault on camera. File restraining order, force them to move

My Ride
    Pt Cruiser

Quote Originally Posted by rx7boi View Post
    Talk about weak scare tactics.

How has it been in the past year after receiving that letter?
    Well it was funny, they dropped the note off anonymously but I have ring doorbell + cameras and knew who it was right away.

It's been hilarious, they are sure embarrassed after I told them to come talk to me in person when they are adults one day. I just blow kisses at them and you can tell they want to end their lives. Good fun.

My Ride
    ute

The chances that we have gotten both sides of the story = 0%.

Also: I don't understand why people want to annoy their neighbors? I'll drive like a dummy all day, then when I'm back in my neighborhood, its the speed limit or lower, and the highest gear I can manage to keep things quiet. Don't shit where you eat....and making enemies of your neighbors (even if they are being unreasonable) when it is easy to do the opposite makes no sense to me. Taking the high road is often the way to get through life with less hassle, so you can focus on the important things. Rather than getting dragged into a dispute with your neighbors where you are responding to their juvenile behavior with your own. Sometimes there is a difference between being right, and doing the right thing.

Quote Originally Posted by ickyflex View Post
    That's kind of what I was thinking, doesn't seem like any warnings seem to matter either. (i.e. signage out after 3 follows up with bylaw)
    When people like that believe they're "doing the right thing" or whatever it is they tell themselves to justify the childish behavior, there isn't a lot that is going to stop them. If their only consequences so far have been toothless (like the bylaw visits) they have no incentive to stop.

Even if Bylaw eventually fines them and they put the signs on their property instead of the street, there is nothing stopping them from continuing the clown show on the bikes. If they have the time to do all this and are willing to put in the effort, I don't know there is a lot you can do outside of using the law yourself to be as proactive as possible, but then it will only escalate.

Quote Originally Posted by cjblair View Post
    Yah hard to say Craig, some crazy people out there or have poor perspective on speed. Guy yelled "slow the fuck down" in Mardaloop yesterday as I took a back route from glenmore ball diamonds cause of construction. BOV went off at like 22-24km/h coming around a corner onto 17th st before 33rd ave and he screams at me. I replied back and the three dudes on the lawn sure wanted me to stop and exchange some pleasantries

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    The chances that we have gotten both sides of the story = 0%.

Also: I don't understand why people want to annoy their neighbors? I'll drive like a dummy all day, then when I'm back in my neighborhood, its the speed limit or lower, and the highest gear I can manage to keep things quiet. Don't shit where you eat....and making enemies of your neighbors (even if they are being unreasonable) when it is easy to do the opposite makes no sense to me. Taking the high road is often the way to get through life with less hassle, so you can focus on the important things. Rather than getting dragged into a dispute with your neighbors where you are responding to their juvenile behavior with your own. Sometimes there is a difference between being right, and doing the right thing.
    The only real voice of reason here...

By the sounds of it, you did something (wrong or not) to piss off a bunch of people. Its not just one house, its many. You best bet to to cut the shit OR move. The chances of you outlasting all 3 are slim to none. Do you want to be sitting at home thinking about their bullshit all day? I dont think so. Sack up, walk over with a case of beer and talk it out or drop it.

Now speaking specifically about speeding...Where i live the speed limit is 50km/hr unless otherwise posted. That limit is fucking ridiculous and very dangerous given how our road is constructed with blind corners, narrow spots, and a park. Even 30km/hr is too fast and i make a point in letting people know. Our kids are walking around and while its our job to give them the tools they need to be caution of those dangers, we can all do our park in slowing the fuck down. Legal or not.

Quote Originally Posted by colinxx235 View Post
    Yah hard to say Craig, some crazy people out there or have poor perspective on speed. Guy yelled "slow the fuck down" in Mardaloop yesterday as I took a back route from glenmore ball diamonds cause of construction. BOV went off at like 22-24km/h coming around a corner onto 17th st before 33rd ave and he screams at me. I replied back and the three dudes on the lawn sure wanted me to stop and exchange some pleasantries
    That has happened to me a few times when I have been doing 50 Km/h through school zones after 9pm. Had people scream at me once, another time the finger combined with a brake check and swerving almost down to a complete stop. I point at the sign but they couldn't care less.

And loud = fast no matter how fast you're actually going haha.

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

Quote Originally Posted by BavarianBeast View Post
    I'm about 90% sure you wouldn't be at fault if you were going the speed limit.

NIMBYs and 'NEIGHBORS' are the worst though. Seem to be everywhere. Got this nice note in my mailbox one afternoon about the sound and speed of my m3 (I don't go over 50 in residential and it's not an M5 you cowardly piece of shit), decided to respond by buying a V10, throwing a titanium exhaust on the car and just downshifting, driving at 8000rpm by their house now. Sometimes you just gotta put those fuckers in their place.

Attachment 87224
    Duuuuuuuuude. Take it to a print shop put it on a 4 by 8 sheet of coroplast and stand it on your front lawn.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

Quote Originally Posted by spike98 View Post

By the sounds of it, you did something (wrong or not) to piss off a bunch of people. Its not just one house, its many. You best bet to to cut the shit OR move. The chances of you outlasting all 3 are slim to none. Do you want to be sitting at home thinking about their bullshit all day? I dont think so. Sack up, walk over with a case of beer and talk it out or drop it.

Now speaking specifically about speeding...Where i live the speed limit is 50km/hr unless otherwise posted. That limit is fucking ridiculous and very dangerous given how our road is constructed with blind corners, narrow spots, and a park. Even 30km/hr is too fast and i make a point in letting people know. Our kids are walking around and while its our job to give them the tools they need to be caution of those dangers, we can all do our park in slowing the fuck down. Legal or not.
    Found the neighbor

If the neighbors are camping outside with bikes waiting for the OP, it's them wasting all their time with useless BS, not so much him.

If someone made a personal decision that the law didn't matter and they thought the speed limit on the highway should be 30 Km/h while driving in front of you, and you couldn't pass, would you be cool with that?
    Last edited by Mitsu3000gt; 08-19-2019 at 02:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by spike98 View Post

I don't disagree with Buster's messaging.

I have an aftermarket exhaust and they live on a bend... the fastest I could ever take that corner if I wanted to is probably 30km/hr if that. Loud exhaust does not mean fast. It's 3 families that are buddies with one another.. not 3 separate people. They hangout in their garages and watch tv together and gossip about the community till 1am in the morning (I keep my windows open for fresh air, but I can obviously hear them talking). So it's not like I have had people complain about my "car" in any form or fashion other than these three people. Actually the opposite, tons of people tell me they love the exhaust and how it sounds.

If they had waved me down from day 1 instead of flipping me off and singling me out, sure i'd drive even slower than the 15km/hr I drive around their house to begin with. Also, do you really think anyone see's a child playing on the side of the road and thinks not to be extra cautious?

I'm not at home thinking about them, hell I am barely home to begin with. They on the other hand have all the time in the world to plot and scheme, while I just go on with my day. The fact they are now intentionally disrupting my day is my issue by riding in front of my vehicle.
    Last edited by ickyflex; 08-19-2019 at 02:54 PM.

My Ride
    ute

I have an aftermarket exhaust and they live on a bend... the fastest I could ever take that corner if I wanted to is probably 30km/hr if that. Loud exhaust does not mean fast. It's 3 families that are buddies with one another.. not 3 separate people. They hangout in their garages and watch tv together and gossip about the community till 1am in the morning (I keep my windows open for fresh air, but I can obviously hear them talking). So it's not like I have had people complain about my "car" in any form or fashion other than these three people. Actually the opposite, tons of people tell me they love the exhaust and how it sounds.

If they had waved me down from day 1 instead of flipping me off and singling me out, sure i'd drive even slower than the 15km/hr I drive around their house to begin with. Also, do you really think anyone see's a child playing on the side of the road and thinks not to be extra cautious?

I'm not at home thinking about them, hell I am barely home to begin with. They on the other hand have all the time in the world to plot and scheme, while I just go on with my day. The fact they are now intentionally disrupting my day is my issue by riding in front of my vehicle.
    Extra cautious?

Have you read the replies in this thread and in the other "slow down children playing signs" thread?

Usually it's a bunch of chest thumping and bro-talk. Strangely, child safety doesn't usually come up.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    Extra cautious?

Have you read the replies in this thread and in the other "slow down children playing signs" thread?

Usually it's a bunch of chest thumping and bro-talk. Strangely childrens' safety doesn't usually come up often.
    Of course it's chest thumping, but I would guarantee not a single person sees children in their community and doesn't have their foot on their brake in case of.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    Found the neighbor

If the neighbors are camping outside with bikes waiting for the OP, it's them wasting all their time with useless BS, not so much him.

If someone made a personal decision that the law didn't matter and they thought the speed limit on the highway should be 30 Km/h while driving in front of you, and you couldn't pass, would you be cool with that?
    The highway is not a closed residential road. You're talking apples and oranges here. Also the posted speed limit is a maximum. It still doesn't mean assholes should rip around our crescent at any time doing the maximum. But this is my block, not OP's so I dont know for sure. But someones jimmies are rustled obviously. If it was me, i would work it out with them directly, or keep to myself.

I dont know man, you are thinking about it enough to post on beyond about it.

Seriously, go talk to them. Individually. You'd be surprised how that goes over when it personalizes you. It is also surprising how you can figure out which one of the 3 is the actual problem. May buddies wife was checking you out.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast