Quantcast
Petty Neighbourhood - Page 8 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Petty Neighbourhood

Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    People do not like being visited by the police.
    Brilliant idea! I'll pitch in $20 if someone hires a Stripper-Gram dressed like a cop, but built like Chris Farley. Those neighbors won't know what hit em!

My Ride
    '18 Murano

Quote Originally Posted by e31 View Post
    Brilliant idea! I'll pitch in $20 if someone hires a Stripper-Gram dressed like a cop, but built like Chris Farley. Those neighbors won't know what hit em!
    I'm in for $20

My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    The police aren't going to do anything about a neighborhood dispute like this. At most they will get talked to, maybe an empty warning. I would be shocked to my very core if they had any part in the resolution, personally.
    Cops show up a few times and the tune changes. Harassment is a thing, especially if you can prove it.

My Ride
    V167

Quote Originally Posted by Toilet_X View Post
    Jesus man dial it BACK. GAWD.
    OP have you tried drawing a giant dick in their driveway
    with gasoline and lighting it on fire like they did in the crow??????
    Excellent adaptation of an idea from the most epic movie of all time. A+ Post IMO.

OP, will be interested to see their behavior change after a visit from the cops. Fuck them.

My Ride
    992 T-hawk Golf R

I would try the extreme opposite of what has been suggested. Shut your car off as you roll around the corner past their house in neutral while smiling and waving hello. When they’re all out on the driveway order pizza, pay the guy on your driveway, then point across the street for him to take the pizza to them. Take them a case of beer, but don’t make conversation, simply drop it off and leave. Give their kids popsicles. In the winter you can shovel their snow and brush off their vehicles before they get up etc.

I bet that being over the top nice will completely throw them off and confuse them. They’ll have a hard time continuing to be dicks to you if you do this.
    I like neat cars.

My Ride
    *The First*

Quote Originally Posted by 90_Shelby View Post
    I would try the extreme opposite of what has been suggested. Shut your car off as you roll around the corner past their house in neutral while smiling and waving hello. When they’re all out on the driveway order pizza, pay the guy on your driveway, then point across the street for him to take the pizza to them. Take them a case of beer, but don’t make conversation, simply drop it off and leave. Give their kids popsicles. In the winter you can shovel their snow and brush off their vehicles before they get up etc.

I bet that being over the top nice will completely throw them off and confuse them. They’ll have a hard time continuing to be dicks to you if you do this.
    And then poison their water with cadmium and release a noxious gas through their HVAC system.

My Ride
    Ford, Acura

Quote Originally Posted by ThePenIsMightier View Post
    And then poison their water with cadmium and release a noxious gas through their HVAC system.
    The ultimate finishing move!
    Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    ...Last thing I want is someone reading my posts and losing their cock over it...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugarphreak
    Meh, they all look like Jackie Chan to me
    Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    I'm generally cute.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePenIsMightier View Post
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to ThePenIsMightier again.

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe start being really nice to his wife and kids. Like super nice. Take em swimming. Teach em to skate. You become the dad. He is replaced.
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    *The First*

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to ThePenIsMightier again.
    Fuck, this is starting to cost me.
    I'm pissing excellence all over the place and I can't get any hot loads of Rep from one of the heaviest hitters!
    I gotta figure out what tune that jrsCoolDude is singing to get some much deserved points.

Well, I'm disappointed. Out of all the people I saw walking their dogs & riding their bikes this evening, I didn't run across any peckerwoods that match the OP's description. I didn't see any signs in the middle of the road either (other than a "Slow Down" sign on the middle boulevard entering the community).

There were quite a few unsupervised kids on bicycles that FOLLOWED THE RULES; Looking both ways, dismounting before crossing road... One kid even waved me thru after I stopped to allow him to cross.

Otherwise 0/10 Community score, entertainment wise. Next time I'm going to epoxy some Toonies to the road on 17th ave SE in front of bus stops.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

I can't afford the fuel to get out that the neighborhood to even check it out. I'll keep my savage supercar somewhere closer to centre street.
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

This all sounds like a fairy tale lol. What kind of adults behave this way?

Is that a general attitude with people who live in West Springs? I was looking at houses out West too and would hate to deal with pompous idiots like this.

On a sidenote, I agree this is straight up harassment and surprised OP let it slide for this long.

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

I just realized a friend of ours grew up in that community, and their neighbour have been horrendous. The last examples was one night they had a going away party, so she goes over to the neighbours to try and be nice and invite them over, gives them cookies even. Well sure as shit the next day when the party was happening, it's 11:02pm and the cops are at her house. The cops come in the backyard and start laughing at the situation: her parents and another couple friends were outside at the patio table chatting while the rest of us were inside witnessing this. The two officers apologized I don't know how many times for wasting our time and interrupting, while I'm like wtf what about the fucks next door for wasting yours??!

It's situations like this that highlight what a waste of resources this was. Much like a pulled fire alarm under false conditions, shitty neighbours that pull shit like that should be fined for wasting the police's time.
    Ultracrepidarian

Quote Originally Posted by e31 View Post
    Well, I'm disappointed. Out of all the people I saw walking their dogs & riding their bikes this evening, I didn't run across any peckerwoods that match the OP's description. I didn't see any signs in the middle of the road either (other than a "Slow Down" sign on the middle boulevard entering the community).

There were quite a few unsupervised kids on bicycles that FOLLOWED THE RULES; Looking both ways, dismounting before crossing road... One kid even waved me thru after I stopped to allow him to cross.

Otherwise 0/10 Community score, entertainment wise. Next time I'm going to epoxy some Toonies to the road on 17th ave SE in front of bus stops.
    The funny part is you didn't actually drive through where I live haha

Maybe start being really nice to his wife and kids. Like super nice. Take em swimming. Teach em to skate. You become the dad. He is replaced.
    Playing the long game. Might even get your costs offset by his child support payment.

My Ride
    2015 IS350 F Sport

It is neighbourhoods like this that give the burbs a bad name. I'm going to miss my old neighbourhood. where I just sold my house. Our cul de sac used to host a block party every years that drew about 50 people. Never a complaint from anyone. I had great neighbours on both sides. That is rare. Most times you are lucky to get one.

Years ago, after a 3 year divorce battle I received my final divorce papers and got liquored up. Went home and cranked up the Marshall. Played from about 1am to 4am. Next day my neighbour comes over and tells me that I woke up his young kids with my playing. I explained the situation with the divorce being finalised and he ends up apologising to me. Later in the day his wife drops by with a case of beer to congratulate me. F&ck I'm going to miss those people.

In my area I would say the soccer mom's are the ones driving like a$$holes, not the kids. Speeding, pulling u turns and double parking while they drop their entitled offspring at the front door of the school when they only live a couple blocks away.
    "if you disagree with my views are cannot adequately my criticism then ignore my posts." - Nusc

We're going to be moving into an inner city duplex and threads like this make me scared of who might live next to us haha. If they were cigarette smokers, that would probably be the absolute worst though - I think I could handle just about anything else. As much as I would hate it, one of these lazy parent signs would probably be the least of my worries haha.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    We're going to be moving into an inner city duplex and threads like this make me scared of who might live next to us haha. If they were cigarette smokers, that would probably be the absolute worst though - I think I could handle just about anything else. As much as I would hate it, one of these lazy parent signs would probably be the least of my worries haha.
    Inner city is awesome. People seem to leave each other the hell alone. Agree that having a smoker next door would be pretty rough though.

Inner city is awesome. People seem to leave each other the hell alone. Agree that having a smoker next door would be pretty rough though.
    Good to hear, I am looking forward to it. We're basically shopping in the inner ring around DT but to the West (Killarney, Marda Loop, Montgomery/Bowness, Hillhurst, Mt. Pleasant, etc.) If people just leave each other alone it sounds like we will like it quite a bit haha. But yeah, there is nothing worse than cigarette smoke IMO - I'd rather listen to their music or something every night until 4AM then have the entire house stinking like smoke on a regular basis.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

I'm at the north end of Mount Pleasant. The cheap end. Around us it's a decent mix of young families, seniors, and dirtbag renters. I assume if you go the nicer side, you replace the dirtbag renters with dirtbag millionaires.

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 ... LastLast