Quantcast
Petty Neighbourhood - Page 10 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Petty Neighbourhood

Quote Originally Posted by dirtsniffer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Eh sorry about that, I was just kidding around. I also dislike cigarette smoke. good thing most people don't smoke anymore.

It takes me about 30 minutes to get to the mcdougall parkade as it is now leaving at 7:30. This knowing what lanes to use. 14th street is generally the fuckaround, especially with them building the BRT right now. I also live right by the ring road entrance so it would be a very convenient way to glenmore. That along should save about 10-15 minutes. the only issue is getting back to crowchild. Will have to wait and see how much time that adds back on.
    Yeah, I just hate (cigarette) smoke. So much. It's pretty much the only thing I regularly encounter that actually really bothers me. You can smell it literally a block away no problem, and if any gets on your clothes or in your house, it can be impossible to completely remove the smell depending how bad it is. I also find most smokers to be very inconsiderate of where they smoke, especially when it's cold outside and they don't want to be 10M from entrances or whatever that rule is. It makes me cough almost instantly too, I think I am more sensitive to it than the average person. I've lived by people who smoked before (the condo building across the street from mine) and if I didn't keep all my windows shut my whole place would stink when they went out on the balcony to smoke. Unfortunately that meant my place was like 27C in the summer with no airflow, but it was one or the other.

If you leave at 7:30am that's not too bad - I would always leave later than that, so my times are more representative of the peak. My dad would leave around 6AM when there was zero traffic and his commutes were a lot shorter than mine leaving around 8AM.

I think any commute in the 20-30min range is OK. Even when I lived downtown and walked into work, it still took me 25 minutes. Unless you live in the core, you probably aren't seeing commute times shorter than that if you are part of rush hour unless you're living in one of the condos right beside the core on 9th ave or Eau Claire area.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ercchry View Post
    It also has lights on it... I think that’s more of the deciding factor to speed limits than anything
    37th St has lights - does that mean it gets the higher or lower limit? I'd think that would allow a higher limit.

AFAIK the entire ring road will have a speed limit of 100 kph
    Excellent.

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

Huh? Lights means lower, freeway without lights is higher... this is pretty obvious

Huh? Lights means lower, freeway without lights is higher... this is pretty obvious
    Deerfoot has lights and is 110 Km/h in parts, so it wasn't obvious to me. Thanks for the info though.

My Ride
    is faster than yours

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    Deerfoot has lights and is 110 Km/h in parts, so it wasn't obvious to me. Thanks for the info though.
    Deerfoot has lights?

Our neighbours are hitting the weed pipe on the deck most nights. hilarious smell and you can hear them tapping the bowl out with a lighter. Hillarious.
    Hey neighbour!

I didn't think smoking outside actually bothered people. I don't smoke cigs but if my neighbours smoked liked chimneys i wouldn't care. Firepits are worse smells IMO but i would never be pissed off about it.

My Ride
    VAG products

Quote Originally Posted by never View Post
    Deerfoot has lights?
    I remember there was lights on deerfoot circa 2000 by douglas dale. he isn't wrong!!

Quote Originally Posted by sabad66 View Post
    Hey neighbour!

I didn't think smoking outside actually bothered people. I don't smoke cigs but if my neighbours smoked liked chimneys i wouldn't care. Firepits are worse smells IMO but i would never be pissed off about it.
    You wouldn't be bothered if your house and clothes all smelled like cigarette smoke? If they smoke anywhere that a breeze can take it into your window or near your HVAC intake, that is my nightmare haha. If they are mindful of how it affects everyone on the block, then it's not really an issue because it wouldn't come into the house, but in my experience most people don't even think about how what they're doing might affect other people.

I remember in my condo once I left my window open by mistake when I was away, and ALL the clothes in my master bedroom closet reeked like smoke when I got home. All from someone across the street smoking on a balcony.

Cigarette smoke is particularly bad, marijuana smoke or vaping isn't nearly as bad though I still wouldn't want it drifting into my house if I could help it.
    Last edited by Mitsu3000gt; 08-29-2019 at 03:44 PM.

Deerfoot has lights?
    It sure does - look around 144 ave / Stony Trail intersection. Around Crossiron Mills too. I am pretty sure that's right around where it transitions to 110km/h too.

Leaving the city in the South also there is a ton of lights along Deerfoot halfway to Okotoks.

This is the entire reason I thought lights meant a HIGHER speed limit, because lights theoretically mean better visibility and more safety, and the highest speed limit road around our city has lights on it.
    Last edited by Mitsu3000gt; 08-29-2019 at 03:48 PM.

My Ride
    is faster than yours

It sure does - look around 144 ave / Stony Trail intersection. Around Crossiron Mills too. I am pretty sure that's right around where it transitions to 110km/h too.

Leaving the city in the South also there is a ton of lights along Deerfoot halfway to Okotoks.
    Can't tell if serious.

My Ride
    VAG products

Can't tell if serious.
    Maybe street lights?

Can't tell if serious.
    Do you mean traffic lights? I'm talking street lights which is what I thought he meant by "lights".

My Ride
    is faster than yours

Quote Originally Posted by pf0sh0 View Post
    Maybe street lights?
    Oh, hahaha...I was assuming traffic lights which I'm pretty sure @ercchry 's statement was in regards to.

You wouldn't be bothered if your house and clothes all smelled like cigarette smoke? If they smoke anywhere that a breeze can take it into your window or near your HVAC intake, that is my nightmare haha. If they are mindful of how it affects everyone on the block, then it's not really an issue because it wouldn't come into the house, but in my experience most people don't even think about how what they're doing might affect other people.

I remember in my condo once I left my window open by mistake when I was away, and ALL the clothes in my master bedroom closet reeked like smoke when I got home. All from someone across the street smoking on a balcony.

Cigarette smoke is particularly bad, marijuana smoke or vaping isn't nearly as bad though I still wouldn't want it drifting into my house if I could help it.
    If it's near your HVAC intake sure, but anywhere else there's no way it gets bad enough to make the inside of your house and clothes smell. OK MAYBE i'll concede for infills where backyards are small and close, but i just can't see that happening with 'normal' houses/yards.

My Ride
    2018 Civic Si coupe

This is some pretty hard core thread derailing here

Oh, hahaha...I was assuming traffic lights which I'm pretty sure @ercchry 's statement was in regards to.
    Aw jeez Guess we should have clarified that.

I was like...I can see them on google street view, these guys are nuts haha.

It makes way more sense if you're talking traffic lights.
    Last edited by Mitsu3000gt; 08-29-2019 at 04:17 PM.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

There's streetlights on my residential street. Limit is 110?
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

Quote Originally Posted by sabad66 View Post
    If it's near your HVAC intake sure, but anywhere else there's no way it gets bad enough to make the inside of your house and clothes smell. OK MAYBE i'll concede for infills where backyards are small and close, but i just can't see that happening with 'normal' houses/yards.
    In my case it came through my window, I had to put every article of clothing I owned and all my bedding through the wash twice and I had to get my carpets professionally steam cleaned to get the smell out. I had to get all my dress clothes drycleaned. That was from a single person smoking on a balcony across the way from my open bedroom window on the 4th floor.

HVAC intake would probably be the worst, and thankfully I haven't run into that yet.

And as you mention, the proximity of backyards / balconies in infills has the potential to be worse, but I know I'll never really be able to control that.
    Last edited by Mitsu3000gt; 08-29-2019 at 04:19 PM.

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

Yeah... like controlled ground level intersections... I thought it was a given that roads within city limits would be illuminated

Yeah... like controlled ground level intersections... I thought it was a given that roads within city limits would be illuminated
    I'll take the blame for this one, sorry guys haha.

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

Quote Originally Posted by ThePenIsMightier View Post
    Fuck, this is starting to cost me.
    I'm pissing excellence all over the place and I can't get any hot loads of Rep from one of the heaviest hitters!
    I gotta figure out what tune that jrsCoolDude is singing to get some much deserved points.
    You finally did it Jeremiah!
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 ... LastLast