Quantcast
Petty Neighbourhood - Page 4 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Petty Neighbourhood

You guys should move to my hood. Loud exhausts 'round here get you blown. By me though.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You're still focusing on giving advice to the parents who are doing this. You can't control those people. You're identifying what OTHER people can do to improve their behaviour. The OP can only control what he does.
    When I'm feeling centered, this is the approach I advocate. Controlling other people's actions is insane. Controlling your response to thier actions is more likely to improve your life.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

This is why I cant stand driving in communities like Aurburn Bay or Cranston for eg. Its SO dense that everyone can see and hear everything from 5 houses down. Cars parked with just barely enough room to squeeze a road in.

So glad we chose an older area (older homes that needed help). We could have lived in these house farms if we chose to, but chose not to because of this.

My Ride
    *The First*

I'm not familiar with the "Karen" reference but I'm pretty confident it's the "I'd like to speak to the manager" haircut lady.

My Ride
    (0^oo^0)~

I don't think my neighborhood is any different but the folks who put up a sign near the entrance to our Circle live right on the corner. I think everyone's got a right to play in front of their house but let's face it, kids do silly things and dangerous things. It's up to both the parents to educate on safety but also for motorists to be vigilant especially if you know what's in the area. I think we all know that in this thread.

These parents are often out in front of their house watching their kids too so they're not using the sign as an alternative to parenting; it's just another tool for them albeit annoying for me when they put it out too far. They also park their truck where it becomes a blind spot, unfortunately. They play mostly in the red zone but also with kids from the house across the street and for the most part they seem mindful about traffic.

There seems to be enough give and take so the sign doesn't bother me now. I know what's around the corner everyday. I just give them a wave when I drive past with the understanding that I see their kids playing daily and all parties are happy.

Name:  place.jpg
Views: 695
Size:  57.9 KB

I consider myself lucky haha. Couldn't imagine living in an area with some of your NIMBY-Karens

My Ride
    something green

I got yelled at in evergreen driving my jeep. Doing under 30 in a 50 zone.
    Too loud for Aspen

My Ride
    Silverado

did they yell "Hey look! It's a dude driving a jeep!"

My Ride
    is faster than yours

I yell at people when they drive by on my street...makes me feel important. But no one ever drives by...so I don't ever get to feel important.

My Ride
    X5D, Fiesta ST

On the topic of loud vehicles, my car is extremely loud (can be heard from 2.5km away uncorked) and I’ve never had my neighbours complain. I did however have a cop yell at me for doing 40km/h down 5th ave last summer when @diamondedge was doing 60km/h in front of me...

Quote Originally Posted by Maxt View Post
    I got yelled at in evergreen driving my jeep. Doing under 30 in a 50 zone.
    That's just because you're really, really ugly.

My Ride
    Ram 1500, '68 Camaro, S14

haha i always glare at people if i feel like they're driving too fast on my road, it's not like it really goes anywhere so no need..

My car was reallllllly loud so i would always just idle down my alley as quietly as i could... now it doesn't have an engine so everyone probably likes me better.

My Ride
    (0^oo^0)~

I'm glad I don't have a loud vehicle anymore. My ailing ears cannot handle cabin drone or the noise anymore, really. Haha.

Prior to selling my vehicle, I went back to a stock exhaust and it was like I had gone deaf, it was so quiet.

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

Its interesting how different people react to different noises.

To me, I cannot stand fart cans where it makes the car sounds like a pissed off bee. Raspy and annoying.

To me, its all about the bass - all my (former) bikes and cars have had exhausts modded for this. I also carry some of the biggest subs around.

However, bass travels more so other people might feel the opposite?

My Ride
    '18 Murano

Dashcam. Once you get some video of them doing really stupid/unsafe things, like pulling in front of you etc. post it up on social media.
    Extra points if there's a Facebook group for your neighbourhood, and you post it there.

My Ride
    2011 Chrarger, 2018 F150

Sleep with their wives and video tape it. Bonus points if you can get all together at the same time. Post on the internet and make a few bucks

Quote Originally Posted by The_Penguin View Post
    Dashcam. Once you get some video of them doing really stupid/unsafe things, like pulling in front of you etc. post it up on social media.
    Extra points if there's a Facebook group for your neighbourhood, and you post it there.
    hah, they are the neighborhood. They the only ones that go to community events and always center of attention from what I understand (I know the developer rep who feeds me information). I'm the "Asian punk with an Audi".

Instead of downshifting yesterday at 11pm while they having a sit on the driveway and watch the community party I drove extra slow as per everyone's advice. I got 6 stares and 12 fingers. LOL.

My Ride
    Sierra, RDX

Quote Originally Posted by ickyflex View Post
    hah, they are the neighborhood. They the only ones that go to community events and always center of attention from what I understand (I know the developer rep who feeds me information). I'm the "Asian punk with an Audi".

Instead of downshifting yesterday at 11pm while they having a sit on the driveway and watch the community party I drove extra slow as per everyone's advice. I got 6 stares and 12 fingers. LOL.
    Obviously still too fast, get out and push your car next time.
    See Crank. See Crank Walk. Walk Crank Walk.

Quote Originally Posted by FraserB View Post
    Obviously still too fast, get out and push your car next time.
    lolololol, could you imagine

My Ride
    Goes Vrr and PShh.

I live on a small circle and constantly there are kids running from behind parked cars, chasing toys, riding their bikes right off the sidewalks between two cars into the road. Almost hit a kid once doing 15km/h foot on the brake anticipating the kid had no idea I was coming, I slammed on the brake he swerved on the bike ate shit and the parent yelled at me.

It's pretty fucking simple, I don't drive on the sidewalk, so don't play on the road.

My Ride
    (0^oo^0)~

Threaten to retaliate by calling child services and saying the adults are putting their kids in harm's way?

Next thing you know...

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast