Quantcast
Hyperdrive on Netflix - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Hyperdrive on Netflix

My Ride
    (0^oo^0)~

Default Hyperdrive on Netflix

Anyone watching this? Just started binging it yesterday. Pretty awesome to see a variety of cars on the show.

It's like American Ninja Warrior for cars haha.

I just started it last night too. Pretty entertaining.

My Ride
    '73 Buick, '03 Ruckus, '18 Tundra

Kinda cheesy at parts but OK so far. Still not sure what to think of Bisbing as a commentator.

My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.

Poor Annie May (or whatever her name was). Imagine making the trip, selling off part of your business, just to fuck it up. Oof.

My Ride
    (0^oo^0)~

Quote Originally Posted by A790 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Poor Annie May (or whatever her name was). Imagine making the trip, selling off part of your business, just to fuck it up. Oof.
    Yeah, the South African girl whose dad sold his tow truck to get her into this competition right?

That was a tough run to watch. So many cars have gotten fucked up by the water levels.

My Ride
    93 240sx SE, 17 Infiniti Q50S, 2008 Highlander

I watched it last night as well. First car, that 240sx was awesome!! Built perfectly for the course minus the water obstacle. The funniest part was that old guy in the Corvette, bragging how he won 64 races, this and that, he won't lose. Turfs it in the first obstacle and then crashes into the pillar, then his post interview, I didn't die LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by rx7boi View Post
    Yeah, the South African girl whose dad sold his tow truck to get her into this competition right?

That was a tough run to watch. So many cars have gotten fucked up by the water levels.
    2nd episode it looks like they ditched the driving through water obstacle cause of so many cars getting fucked. And changed it to a water cannon spraying a ton of water in the air and if your car is quick enough to beat it before it hits your car.
    Last edited by dj_rice; 08-23-2019 at 02:53 PM.
    Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    You know those bored stay at home moms who's entire lives revolve around driving their kids to soccer, various cleaning accessories, and worrying about neighbourhood rapists? The kind of people that watch the View and go "uh huh..." Those unfulfilled people who try to fill the void in their empty lives by writing whiny letters to the editor complaining about shit that no one really cares about?

Well imagine if instead of writing that letter to the editor, she just posts on a car forum for car enthusiasts. That's Kritafo.

My Ride

Yea felt genuinely bad for her. But also, she's 22 but did anyone else get the impression that she's like... super young?

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

That amg GT... what a clown haha

My Ride
    (0^oo^0)~

Quote Originally Posted by dj_rice View Post
    I watched it last night as well. First car, that 240sx was awesome!! Built perfectly for the course minus the water obstacle. The funniest part was that old guy in the Corvette, bragging how he won 64 races, this and that, he won't lose. Turfs it in the first obstacle and then crashes into the pillar, then his post interview, I didn't die LOL.

2nd episode it looks like they ditched the driving through water obstacle cause of so many cars getting fucked. And changed it to a water cannon spraying a ton of water in the air and if your car is quick enough to beat it before it hits your car.
    I expected more from the the Corvette guy as well; maybe the nerves got to him.

Quote Originally Posted by A790 View Post
    Yea felt genuinely bad for her. But also, she's 22 but did anyone else get the impression that she's like... super young?
    She looked more like 14 to me and had a great run before the car gave out. I think everyone in the crowd was rooting for her.

That 21 year old Brazilian kid is nuts. I'm looking forward to seeing how he does in the later stages.

Most innovative so far has to be the Huracan haha.

My Ride
    21 CX5 GT Turbo

She looked more like 14 to me and had a great run before the car gave out. I think everyone in the crowd was rooting for her.
    Damm i just started to watch and that sucked. She was doing so well.

My Ride
    Silverado

That water cannon with the Mercedes. damn I liked that car. Do they get time to fix things between races?
    Last edited by dirtsniffer; 08-24-2019 at 10:46 PM.

My Ride
    (0^oo^0)~

Yeah, they do. One guy busted an axel during his run and got time afterwards to fix his shit up for the next race.

My Ride
    21 CX5 GT Turbo

Quote Originally Posted by dirtsniffer View Post
    That water cannon with the Mercedes. damn I liked that car. Do they get time to fix things between races?
    she came back and they let her finish her lap. Makes me wonder if they actually tested stuff like the water cannon.

I expected more from the the Corvette guy as well; maybe the nerves got to him.

That 21 year old Brazilian kid is nuts. I'm looking forward to seeing how he does in the later stages.

Most innovative so far has to be the Huracan haha.
    The difference is that some of these guys are racers, not drifters and this show is all about drifting. This is why all the racers got knocked out pretty quickly.

Mercede's guy opening the door was just stupid, not even sure how they picked him for the show.

My Ride
    ATS, XC90

I like it. I'm on the 5th of 10 eps, but I find myself wondering about the cost. Hope it's not a one-and-done series, but it seems like it would be a crazy high cost just to get the course set up - the lights, the lot, etc. I mean the cost of that leveler alone had to be huge.

My Ride
    is broken

Watched it. It was pretty good. Totally satisfies the inner fast and furious in me but I felt the competitors got a bit ripped off. They were totally unprepared for the obstacles because netflix told them nothing. The water killed so many cars and could have been avoided by 25$ in ABS piping.
    Track was totally favored to drivers with drift experience so the corvette guy with autoX history had no chance ROFL.

Some of the obstacles were cool and how people choose to tackle them. Hilarious how much the teamwork brokedown on the equalizer/ teeter totter thing. The rails on the other hand just fucked up cars unnecessary.

The South African girl was really heart breaking but the special attention they gave here was a bit much. Hopefully the producers had a kind heart for her behind the scenes.

Here is the view point from one of the competitors. I don't feel bad since he lied to be on the show, but it shows how some stuff happened behind the scenes....
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9WZXxFUa28

Anyway, fun to watch, hope they do more, maybe with different terrain.

My Ride
    This and that.

Enjoying it so far. Can't go wrong with Beastmaster but with cars instead. lol.

My Ride

Can't believe people did this with no prize money/etc. on the table. In fact, they PAID to be there.

I watched 1.5 episodes, fast forwarded the "fluff" (back stories, host commentary, etc. that nobody cares about) When that girl dropped her pink mic, the cringe factor was too high for me to continue watching haha. Just a little too cheesy for me I think.

My Ride
    (0^oo^0)~

Damnit Mark, just enjoy the hot drifter girl from Texas haha.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast