Quantcast
Disney+ - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Disney+

My Ride
    (0^oo^0)~

I'd be interested in analytics on the total amount of titles offered relative to how many I've newly watched, already seen, and rewatched multiple times.

The amount of unwatched titles probably goes up the more subscriptions you have.

If Disney+ has something I'm really interested in, I'd add that to my expense but I think it's worth evaluating which services you no longer use and getting rid of those.

For my wife and I, it's the KISS principle when it comes to video. We have a TELUS package with some add-ons and we can get to Netflix easily through that same box and that provides all we desire. Seeing a movie as soon as possible after it's been released doesn't matter to us but then she is in her early 50's and I'm in my late 50's so probably a different demographic then most beyond members. I don't want to be bothered with VPN this and VPN that or having another device hooked up to my television that I have to teach myself to use as well as my wife and trust me, she'd be the real challenge in all of this because she's still trying to figure out our 6 button HDMI switcher remote. One of the kids that's still at home has Prime but we've got to use the XBOX for that and she or I can be bothered with that - we to just switch on the television and watch it, no mucking around.
    Will fuck off, again.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by speedog View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    For my wife and I, it's the KISS principle when it comes to video. We have a TELUS package with some add-ons and we can get to Netflix easily through that same box and that provides all we desire. Seeing a movie as soon as possible after it's been released doesn't matter to us but then she is in her early 50's and I'm in my late 50's so probably a different demographic then most beyond members. I don't want to be bothered with VPN this and VPN that or having another device hooked up to my television that I have to teach myself to use as well as my wife and trust me, she'd be the real challenge in all of this because she's still trying to figure out our 6 button HDMI switcher remote. One of the kids that's still at home has Prime but we've got to use the XBOX for that and she or I can be bothered with that - we to just switch on the television and watch it, no mucking around.
    Eventually the conversation will turn to why such and such movie hasn't come to Netflix yet and then you find out you need another subscription to get it.

That said, I assume VOD may still cover some people's needs as long as you catch it in time.

End of the, I don't think we have enough time of the day to watch all the contents being created right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Xtrema View Post
    Eventually the conversation will turn to why such and such movie hasn't come to Netflix yet and then you find out you need another subscription to get it.

That said, I assume VOD may still cover some people's needs as long as you catch it in time.

End of the, I don't think we have enough time of the day to watch all the contents being created right now.
    Missing a movie isn't the end of the world for us, we'll get up the next morning and the sun will still rise.
    Will fuck off, again.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Movie purchases and rentals are still a thing for one offs...

Just saying.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    (0^oo^0)~

Quote Originally Posted by speedog View Post
    I can relate to that. I don't mess around with VPN, media servers, and other stuff. I can access pretty much everything through my Vizio TV (Youtube, Prime, Netflix).

At the end of the day, it's hard to see the need for 4+ subscriptions like some are alluding to. Unless you enjoy an excess of choice, I feel like having a couple subscriptions ought to provide most people with plenty of titles.

Netflix 4k subscription is $16.99 a month and Prime Video comes out to $6.50 a month, and that only came because I got Prime for Amazon purchases. That seems like a pretty good deal to me.

There's always with the option to buy/rent any standalone digital titles but yes, you'd probably have to fiddle around with iTunes for that.

Most of the summer blockbusters I pirate end up being on Netflix so I suppose I'm paying for it eventually? Haha.

You don't need all of them at once.

I seriously doubt I'm going to bother with Disney+ until they have a bunch of content ready to binge, and then I'll subscribe for a couple of months.

It takes nothing to unsub. Unlike cable which is a major, major chore.

And no commercials, you watch on-demand and basically anything with a screen usually has an app.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by rx7boi View Post
    There's always with the option to buy/rent any standalone digital titles but yes, you'd probably have to fiddle around with iTunes for that.
    It's 2019. Everybody has buy/rent options. Google Play Movies if you're on Android, iTunes for Apple, Amazon Video for Amazon. Zero fiddling around, tight integration with whatever platform you're on.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    (0^oo^0)~

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    It's 2019. Everybody has buy/rent options. Google Play Movies if you're on Android, iTunes for Apple, Amazon Video for Amazon. Zero fiddling around, tight integration with whatever platform you're on.
    Fo sho. iTunes and Apple TV just came to mind first since I've read your numerous posts about Apple TV and Dolby Vision titles.

I may check out Google Play Movies in the future. They offer 4K/HDR for some blockbuster hits that I'm interested in. One day I really need to sit down and experience a Dolby Vision movie on a dedicated setup so I can finally tell what sort of premium experience you get with DV.

My Ride
    AWD grandpa wagon

What's the chance I can use a Disney+ account from a US account owner? This way I can take advantage of Hulu and ESPN. But I guess it'll be IP tracked...

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

It won’t be.

In other news Disney+ will have 4K HDR at launch at the same price. None of this Netflix more money bullshit. Netflix’s 4K material is actually quite terrible because of its extremely high compression rates, here’s hoping Disney+ streams at closer to iTunes and Vudu bitrates.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    AWD grandpa wagon

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    It won’t be.

My Ride
    '21 Taco

This comes out today. Just signed up and you get the first week free! Looks good so far!
    Watch the cat for different holiday hats!

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

I can’t get the signup page to load lol
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    ute

I watched the New Hope on 4k HDR on my projector @ 160 inches. amazing.

My Ride
    Silverado

Sick can't wait.

Errr i mean the kid is really going to love this

My Ride
    M5 Competition

Downloaded the App, purchased the year subscription for $89.99, login, and...

Name:  DC035159-E45C-4603-8488-1765CAED77E3.jpg
Views: 441
Size:  22.0 KB

My Ride
    '21 Taco

Yap. Got the year subscription also. It goes up and down but I only had a problem once when signing up. It has been working for me since.

Star Wars Episodes up to Episode VII in it too.
    Watch the cat for different holiday hats!

My Ride
    M5 Competition

Well that was quick to fix

Name:  A1AE2928-A729-4314-9917-5EA323A88CCF.jpg
Views: 455
Size:  73.7 KB

My Ride
    M5 Competition

Ohhhh
    Name:  C5793D07-23E7-4385-AAC6-293E59786D31.jpg
Views: 432
Size:  45.1 KB