Quantcast
Disney+ - Page 4 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Disney+

My Ride
    '14 Taco

Quote Originally Posted by Asian_defender View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The Firetv 4k Stick will be on sale black friday. I think its $55 when its on sale
    If im not running a 4k tv, it still work? future proof me a bit

Yes it will. The regular one will be on sale too.

You can share with 4 people simultaneously.

Is there a full list of titles anywhere? Curious what kinda catalogue they'll put up from FOX. Just looking at their website looks like it'll mostly be warmed over regurgitate crap like marvel & star wars. They're even gonna reboot the home alone series. Are the studios getting lazier, people getting dumber, or both?

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

They could never release another new show or movie and D+ would still be easily worth the money.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan View Post
    Is there a full list of titles anywhere? Curious what kinda catalogue they'll put up from FOX. Just looking at their website looks like it'll mostly be warmed over regurgitate crap like marvel & star wars. They're even gonna reboot the home alone series. Are the studios getting lazier, people getting dumber, or both?
    https://www.reddit.com/r/DisneyPlus/...neypluscontent

There isn't enough content imo. I'm splitting it 4 ways so I don't mind.

My Ride
    '14 Taco

@rage2 confused by your statement about IP.. so sign up with US Address has perk?

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by Brent.ff View Post
    @rage2 confused by your statement about IP.. so sign up with US Address has perk?
    Not sure which post you’re talking about but assuming the vpn one? Hulu and ESPN+ are US only and available as a discounted bundle with Disney+.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

Quote Originally Posted by 89coupe View Post
    Watched Mandalorian and noticed it was only in 5.1 Dolby, disappointing.
    What device were you watching on? Netflix/Amazon have 4k capability with the Edge browser (no other ones though), but Disney+ does not, so if you're viewing in a browser it won't have DV/4k. I use HTPC most of the time, but for Disney+ I downloded the App for my LG Tvs (they all updated a couple days ago with this new app), and when using the App on the TV all the DV content shows up and works. Good times.

There are lots of other devices where DV/4k will work with D+, but unfortunately a browser isn't one of them (yet). Nor is there a PC app as Netflix has which will give you the audio codecs for their very limited 4k titles.

Disney+ is a great deal IMO, especially if you have kids.

My Ride
    M5 Competition

Quote Originally Posted by Gman.45 View Post
    What device were you watching on? Netflix/Amazon have 4k capability with the Edge browser (no other ones though), but Disney+ does not, so if you're viewing in a browser it won't have DV/4k. I use HTPC most of the time, but for Disney+ I downloded the App for my LG Tvs (they all updated a couple days ago with this new app), and when using the App on the TV all the DV content shows up and works. Good times.

There are lots of other devices where DV/4k will work with D+, but unfortunately a browser isn't one of them (yet). Nor is there a PC app as Netflix has which will give you the audio codecs for their very limited 4k titles.

Disney+ is a great deal IMO, especially if you have kids.
    Gen 4 Apple TV

What does the visual have to do with the Audio?

I know my Gen 4 supports 7.1 as all the Apple content that is in 7.1 plays in 7.1.

Quote Originally Posted by 89coupe View Post
    Gen 4 Apple TV

What does the visual have to do with the Audio?

I know my Gen 4 supports 7.1 as all the Apple content that is in 7.1 plays in 7.1.
    Hrrm, not sure then, I don't have Apple TV, maybe one of the others here can help. Disney+ help site says your Apple TV 4th gen should be working with 4k. It could be some problems with your initial download maybe, there were a ton of bugs on launch. Maybe try reinstalling it? That's just a WAG.

So far as the audio, that's a Netflix app thing - essentially it means when using Netflix in a browser (Explorer), you can get 4k video but not the better audio with it, but if you use the Windows NEtflix APP or a 4k tv Netflix app, then you get both 4k video and the higher quality audio. Someone else will have to go into more detail, but it's a fact.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Finally got home to test it out. The quality is great, comparing new MCU movies (particular the last fight on the ship in Captain Marvel) Dolby vision looks way better, even better than the hdr10 disc version. The bright and darks in those scenes are fantastic. Compared to the Vudu version (purchases and UHD redemptions) Disney+ is a little softer, Vudu still shines here with a slight edge in sharpness especially in complex scenes, so my guess is a bit lower bitrate than Vudu. Will be more noticable in bigger screens. If you have a vizio quantum X, you’re going to be blown away by the MCU collection in 4K Dolby vision.

One of the issues I’ve seen with both Apple TV+ and Disney+ is that it starts steaming in lower bitrate so the image is pretty soft for the first minute or 2. This problem doesn’t happen with purchased movies through iTunes or vudu which is full bandwidth full res right from the start.

Edit - quick peek at some of the older titles listed in 4K Dolby Vision, disappointing. Ratatouille (my favorite Pixar film) looks like just straight upscale to 4K. You see edge pixelation on some of the finer details just like the 1080p version. Star Wars ep4-6 looks slightly sharper, but still tons of noise. Neither feature any HDR lighting enhancements. I know some filmmakers aren’t fans of enhancing old films, but I actually like it. No point in marking it Dolby vision if there’s zero enhancements to brightness levels.

The newer shit looks great.
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    . Star Wars ep4-6 looks slightly sharper, but still tons of noise. Neither feature any HDR lighting enhancements. I know some filmmakers aren’t fans of enhancing old films, but I actually like it.
    Yeah, George Lucas despises changing old films...

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by Tik-Tok View Post
    Yeah, George Lucas despises changing old films...

I was more referring to guys like QT, but that’s on point.

My Ride
    Silverado

Im having some weird issues with the colors changing on my 4k firestick. Anyone else using 1?

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Finally got home to test it out. The quality is great, comparing new MCU movies (particular the last fight on the ship in Captain Marvel) Dolby vision looks way better, even better than the hdr10 disc version. The bright and darks in those scenes are fantastic. Compared to the Vudu version (purchases and UHD redemptions) Disney+ is a little softer, Vudu still shines here with a slight edge in sharpness especially in complex scenes, so my guess is a bit lower bitrate than Vudu. Will be more noticable in bigger screens. If you have a vizio quantum X, you’re going to be blown away by the MCU collection in 4K Dolby vision.

One of the issues I’ve seen with both Apple TV+ and Disney+ is that it starts steaming in lower bitrate so the image is pretty soft for the first minute or 2. This problem doesn’t happen with purchased movies through iTunes or vudu which is full bandwidth full res right from the start.

Edit - quick peek at some of the older titles listed in 4K Dolby Vision, disappointing. Ratatouille (my favorite Pixar film) looks like just straight upscale to 4K. You see edge pixelation on some of the finer details just like the 1080p version. Star Wars ep4-6 looks slightly sharper, but still tons of noise. Neither feature any HDR lighting enhancements. I know some filmmakers aren’t fans of enhancing old films, but I actually like it. No point in marking it Dolby vision if there’s zero enhancements to brightness levels.

The newer shit looks great.
    I think they are working on bringing the original 6 movies to 4K from the original film captures but that is going to take some time.

Anything by Pixar looks great, I assume it’s all re rendered 4K.

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    fact.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    I think they are working on bringing the original 6 movies to 4K from the original film captures but that is going to take some time.

Anything by Pixar looks great, I assume it’s all re rendered 4K.
    Newer Pixar movies, yea. Cars 3 is fantastic PQ. Toy Story 3, not so much. Zero HDR enhancements. At least it’s 4K sharpness unlike ratatouille.

Excited to see Coco when it’s out next couple of weeks. The amount of highlights in dark scenes is going to look spectacular. Awesome story too.

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Marvel's Hero Project is a pretty good watch if you want a good feels documentary story.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Newer Pixar movies, yea. Cars 3 is fantastic PQ. Toy Story 3, not so much. Zero HDR enhancements. At least it’s 4K sharpness unlike ratatouille.

Excited to see Coco when it’s out next couple of weeks. The amount of highlights in dark scenes is going to look spectacular. Awesome story too.
    A bugs life looked pretty great. But I actually watched that on a non HDR tv.

fact.

Am i going nuts, or is it missing some key user functions like Start from the Beginning selection on a movie/show or a Continue Watching category. These are very handy for the kiddios and i find myself spending time "rewinding" movies that they want to re-watch.

My Ride
    Exploded.

FML my Apple TV is incompatible with Disney +

Does this work with Chromecast?

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast