Quantcast
Max $60k budget, which SUV to buy? - Page 5 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 124

Thread: Max $60k budget, which SUV to buy?

  1. #81
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    N/A V8, TTV6, DOHC N/A V6
    Posts
    2,384
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 88CRX View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Acura has announced that there will be a Type S version of all their vehicles.
    I hope they do body colour interior panels!!!

    Set my ricecooker to stun!
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

    -H.P. Lovecraft

    Kim Kardashian Sex tape:
    Originally posted by hadookin
    nice box... to bad that nigs face is in it

  2. #82
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    403
    My Ride
    Bunch of Honda's
    Posts
    5,881
    Rep Power
    22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Darkane View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I hope they do body colour interior panels!!!

    Set my ricecooker to stun!
    We just got our RDX A-Spec with the ricer red leather interior... love it haha.

  3. #83
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    X5-35i, Cayenne S, 335i Cab
    Posts
    581
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    I didn't know there are so many options for <$60K! I thought for sure a decently equipped new X3 or Q5 would be more than that... or even the XC60.

  4. #84
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Unemployment Line
    My Ride
    Sierra, RDX
    Posts
    2,668
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RX_EVOLV View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I didn't know there are so many options for <$60K! I thought for sure a decently equipped new X3 or Q5 would be more than that... or even the XC60.
    I'll post all the prices I got when I get home, but to give you a general idea.

    As optioned, the Q5 I drove was $66k tax in (Technik S-Line Black and advanced driver assist package, could remove some other fees to drop the price). The two Grand Cherokees were a hair under $60 tax in (sticker was about $66k), The X3 30i was about $58k, but it was a demo 2019 model with about 2000km on it. If you go with a new X3 40i, it goes into the $70k-$80k range fast
    See Crank. See Crank Walk. Walk Crank Walk.

  5. #85
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    2017 Civic Hatch ST
    Posts
    9,677
    Rep Power
    27

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RX_EVOLV View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I didn't know there are so many options for <$60K! I thought for sure a decently equipped new X3 or Q5 would be more than that... or even the XC60.
    Even above $40K I find vehicle shopping very difficult, unless you are looking for something very specific there are just so many options. As soon as you can afford the premium "lower tier" product, that usually means you can also get into entry-mid level "upper tier" product, and your options quadruple haha. To your point, the Q5 starts at only $45,300 - a Technik with driver assistance and comfort packages is still barely under $60K (MSRP). Could drop to Progressiv if needed and save $4400. Some form of Q5 would be top of my list, personally. XC60 is also very nice.

    Infiniti had enormous discounts last year, I am not sure if they are as desperate for sales this year or not, but worth a look. They had $6500 off the QX30 and $15,000 off the Q400 R (sedan) last summer. Not sure about the other SUVs, but likely similar.
    Last edited by Mitsu3000gt; 09-16-2019 at 03:57 PM.

  6. #86
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    South Sask
    My Ride
    4GTLAWD
    Posts
    144
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Real-world fuel mileage of the new RDX has been pretty awful considering it’s only a turbo 4. If that’s a concern.

  7. #87
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    calgary.ab.ca
    My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon
    Posts
    7,311
    Rep Power
    23

    Default

    Well if you’re surpassing $60k now... f-pace and RR Velar... those lease incentives on the ‘19s are enticing

  8. #88
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Unemployment Line
    My Ride
    Sierra, RDX
    Posts
    2,668
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ercchry View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well if you’re surpassing $60k now... f-pace and RR Velar... those lease incentives on the ‘19s are enticing
    Keeping it under $60k haha, I have other hobbies I want to keep doing
    See Crank. See Crank Walk. Walk Crank Walk.

  9. #89
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Edmonton
    My Ride
    Megun/Kyosho/965
    Posts
    3,055
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    Well,

    Lexus Sale event this week too .. basically 0% rate

    https://www.lexus.ca/lexus/en/shoppi...fers_container
    The Original !

    1234567, hҦho

  10. #90
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    calgary.ab.ca
    My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon
    Posts
    7,311
    Rep Power
    23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by C4S View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well,

    Lexus Sale event this week too .. basically 0% rate

    https://www.lexus.ca/lexus/en/shoppi...fers_container
    Makes the F-Pace lease look spectacular... plus rwd bias awd

  11. #91
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Stampede Central
    My Ride
    is pretty sharp lookin'
    Posts
    1,770
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Infiniti had enormous discounts last year, I am not sure if they are as desperate for sales this year or not, but worth a look. They had $6500 off the QX30 and $15,000 off the Q400 R (sedan) last summer. Not sure about the other SUVs, but likely similar.
    First to go off my list since they haven't even figured out how to incorporate Android Auto after it's been around for an entire model cycle (5yrs-ish)

  12. #92
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    2017 Civic Hatch ST
    Posts
    9,677
    Rep Power
    27

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jwslam View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    First to go off my list since they haven't even figured out how to incorporate Android Auto after it's been around for an entire model cycle (5yrs-ish)
    Correct - for some reason they don't do any kind of smartphone integration at all beyond Bluetooth. I forget what car I was looking at the other day but it supported AA but not Apple Car Play. WTF? Why not support everything?

  13. #93
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Stampede Central
    My Ride
    is pretty sharp lookin'
    Posts
    1,770
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    On that note did the RDX finally get the promised Android Auto update yet?

  14. #94
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    403
    My Ride
    Bunch of Honda's
    Posts
    5,881
    Rep Power
    22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jwslam View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    On that note did the RDX finally get the promised Android Auto update yet?
    Nope.

    And the infotainment system and in particular Apple Car Play is pretty glitchy.

  15. #95
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Unemployment Line
    My Ride
    Sierra, RDX
    Posts
    2,668
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 88CRX View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Nope.

    And the infotainment system and in particular Apple Car Play is pretty glitchy.
    What sort of issues have you been seeing with the infotainment? The only thing I observed was the slow loading on startup and the navigation had a seizure when I drove on roads that weren’t in the map (assuming a map update can fix this)
    See Crank. See Crank Walk. Walk Crank Walk.

  16. #96
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    403
    My Ride
    Bunch of Honda's
    Posts
    5,881
    Rep Power
    22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FraserB View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What sort of issues have you been seeing with the infotainment? The only thing I observed was the slow loading on startup and the navigation had a seizure when I drove on roads that weren’t in the map (assuming a map update can fix this)
    - Its kinda slow on startup, sometimes worse then others.
    - Apple Car Play music cutting in and out after being plugged in too quickly after start up. I think it has to do with the slow start up. It maybe happens for 2-3 minutes after startup then goes away.
    - Fire car up, plug phone in, XM radio is playing on the speakers and then I can't change my XM radio preset from steering wheel controls. Have to cycle into the XM menu, manual change the station then everything works ok.
    - Infotainment system didn't turn on at all the other day, just kept trying to load and then crashed. Had to pull over, turn car off and fire it back up. I think this had to do with plugging phone in too quickly after start up. Has only happened the one time.

    I've only used google maps through Car Play so no issues with Acura nav. Generally speaking my only issues have been tied to plugging in for Apple Car Play. Now I just let everything load up before plugging in for Car Play and seems to help.

  17. #97
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Calgary AB
    My Ride
    S2K
    Posts
    2,214
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 88CRX View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Acura has announced that there will be a Type S version of all their vehicles.
    Yeah, this is awesome.

    I'll be strongly considering an RDX type-S once that becomes a thing. I'd rather have a wagon, but tough to get what I'd want for a reasonable price.

  18. #98
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    2017 Civic Hatch ST
    Posts
    9,677
    Rep Power
    27

    Default

    Acura needs to update the ILX - I think that is still on an ancient Civic platform with a super boring motor. ILX with 2.0T from the Accord/RDX and SH-AWD would get a lot of attention IMO. I'll keep dreaming...

    Acura also has a DCT with torque converter in their parts bin - don't think it ever made it into any production vehicles though.

    New RDX is very nice - glad to see they went back to the 2.0T.

  19. #99
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    calgary
    My Ride
    2014 Ram 1500 , 2010 SRT 8 Jeep, 2005 BMW M3
    Posts
    519
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    we have a 2019 Acura RDX A Spec and love it we got in back in March. i think it has one of the best interiors for the price

    also you can tune the rdx with a hondata and get some good power

    https://www.topspeed.com/cars/car-ne...-ar184583.html
    2014 Ram 1500 Sport
    2010 Srt8 Jeep
    2005 Bmw M3 vert
    2008 Ducati 848

  20. #100
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Edmonton
    My Ride
    LNF
    Posts
    369
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 88CRX View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    - Its kinda slow on startup, sometimes worse then others.
    - Apple Car Play music cutting in and out after being plugged in too quickly after start up. I think it has to do with the slow start up. It maybe happens for 2-3 minutes after startup then goes away.
    - Fire car up, plug phone in, XM radio is playing on the speakers and then I can't change my XM radio preset from steering wheel controls. Have to cycle into the XM menu, manual change the station then everything works ok.
    - Infotainment system didn't turn on at all the other day, just kept trying to load and then crashed. Had to pull over, turn car off and fire it back up. I think this had to do with plugging phone in too quickly after start up. Has only happened the one time.

    I've only used google maps through Car Play so no issues with Acura nav. Generally speaking my only issues have been tied to plugging in for Apple Car Play. Now I just let everything load up before plugging in for Car Play and seems to help.
    Apparently there is a class action lawsuit against honda/acura over this infotainment system in the RDX.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Where tobuy and install tires?

    By ABCZ in forum Wheel and Tire Discussion
    Replies: 12
    Latest Threads: 05-17-2013, 11:27 PM
  2. Which one of you is it? Canadian Torrent user fined $60k

    By GoChris in forum Society / Law / Current Events / Politics
    Replies: 16
    Latest Threads: 06-21-2011, 07:28 PM
  3. FS: JDM B18 Non-Vtec 60K (inc Trans + ECM)

    By Jenova in forum Automotive Parts
    Replies: 17
    Latest Threads: 05-02-2008, 12:09 AM
  4. Low Budget / No Budget Lighting Studio

    By BerserkerCatSplat in forum Photographer's Corner
    Replies: 26
    Latest Threads: 01-16-2006, 01:46 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •