Quantcast
Iron Maiden - last night - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Iron Maiden - last night

My Ride
    N/A V8, TTV6, DOHC N/A V6

Default Iron Maiden - last night

Was one of the best shows I’ve seen.

The guys were all in phenomenal shape, really a good show. They easily have another 5-7 years I think.

Pyro, fireworks, stage props and costumes were the highest caliber I’ve seen yet.

Anyone else go? Looked like the dome was close to sold out.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride
    X5D, Fiesta ST

Wasn’t able to go but went to their show here in ~2011? Best show I’ve ever seen I think.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Amazing show. Awesome set list. Opening band was pretty decent. Let’s open the show with a fucking plane flying around haha. Was hoping for more Eddie tho.

Name:  A5498AD8-7354-4066-81B1-814411630417.jpg
Views: 315
Size:  88.4 KB

Name:  DCAD8406-BD00-4434-B8FE-33425668D8F5.jpg
Views: 309
Size:  80.1 KB

Name:  C1CF8602-B236-4BE9-9DD1-D26585EEF865.jpg
Views: 316
Size:  94.0 KB

Name:  18E00C36-3480-4275-89D3-3F4C3B1B80DD.jpg
Views: 311
Size:  80.2 KB

Name:  58BA1C91-95C5-4159-9A94-B5AA8632150B.jpg
Views: 323
Size:  120.4 KB
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    '18 Murano

But the Saddledome can't support a concert like that.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Brother went, said he enjoyed himself. Good band, can't go wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride

I loved it when Bruce blew up the dome at the end.
    @rage2 , the Legacy Beast Head blew me away. It doesn’t look super 3D in your picture, but it sure was!

The flying man during Flight of Icarus was also amazing.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by The_Penguin View Post
    But the Saddledome can't support a concert like that.
    This was at the end, old school style set with floor open for standing. The Saddledome can not hold the new sets designed for arenas that have way more stuff hanging from the top, particularly ones set in the center surrounded by props hung off the roof.
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

I don't go to concerts in the Saddledome anymore because the acoustics are just so horrible. Maybe some are set up better than others, but every concert I've been to there just sounds like muddled garbage. If you're there more for the experience though that is totally fine, but just personally speaking I go to concerts because I want to hear good live music, and you can't really get that in the dome. To be fair though, no hugely popular band is going to be playing in the Jack Singer or Jubilee when they can fill the dome, so you don't have a choice most of the time.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    I don't go to concerts in the Saddledome anymore because the acoustics are just so horrible. Maybe some are set up better than others, but every concert I've been to there just sounds like muddled garbage. If you're there more for the experience though that is totally fine, but just personally speaking I go to concerts because I want to hear good live music, and you can't really get that in the dome. To be fair though, no hugely popular band is going to be playing in the Jack Singer or Jubilee when they can fill the dome, so you don't have a choice most of the time.
    Yea, there was zero L/R separation through the entire show. It's hard to place which guitarist is doing what. Plus the drums cover up way too much of everything else, so for guitar solos they had to pump it up unnaturally loud just to overpower the drums, and it sounded weird. That was for Maiden, the opening band's audio was fucking brutal. Can barely even hear each strum, palm mutes were fucking mud. Just noise. I was at section 120.

I've been to many concerts at the dome, and honestly only 1 place has good acoustics. That's section 113 to 116. That's where the Bell/Telus/Rogers boxes are, and concerts sound way better from there. The view fucking sucks tho as you're as far away as possible from the stage.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

I always assumed sound sucked in every arena. You travelling audiophiles, does the sound suck that much elsewhere? Is the low roof causing too much reflection?
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    2009 Impreza

I was there on the floor, great show for sure. Can't believe how much energy the band still has after all these years. It was nice to hear some Blaze era songs sung by Bruce, very unexpected.

My Ride
    General Motors Competizione

Since I started wearing earplugs to concerts I've noticed the sound is better. The guy running the sound is wearing earplugs so the way he hears it will be different than someone without earplugs.
    2007 GMC 2500 Duramax
    1981 GMC C1500 454

My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by SKR View Post
    Since I started wearing earplugs to concerts I've noticed the sound is better. The guy running the sound is wearing earplugs so the way he hears it will be different than someone without earplugs.
    Yep bang on. I was on the floor too, maybe 15-20 rows back. I’ve heard better, but it was good enough.

The show was brilliant though.

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride
    Model S

They’re playing at the Tacoma Dome tomorrow, which is probably the worst venue I’ve been to for any show that doesn’t have the stage in the middle. Not sure if it’s worth it. They probably have at least 1 more tour left so maybe I’ll wait until Seattle’s new arena is built.

Going to SF to see Metallica for S&M2 on Sunday though, that should be good

Good call on the earplugs, I always forget and regret it