Quantcast
Porsche Taycan, starting at $150K USD - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Porsche Taycan, starting at $150K USD

A semi-detached home from 89Coupe (hahahaha)
    My Ride
    A Gallardo from SDS (hahahaha)

Quote Originally Posted by BavarianBeast View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Porsche really sucks these days. When the only good cars you build are limited production and impossible for the guy who doesn’t suck Porsche dick to buy, what are you offering? Porsche used to pride themselves in having their GT cars available for anyone who wanted one. They’ve just lost touch imo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    Is it that hard to get a GT car now?
    As recently as the 997.2 in ~2010/11, the GT cars were relatively easy to get (a friend bought the last GT2RS - #500 / 500 - off the show room floor, after it had sat for some time, at a discount).

Porsche will likely continue to increase production of the forthcoming GT models in the 992 series. With a slumping demand, we'll see if the lineups are as long when the cars with inflated MSRPs depreciate like a normal 911... It's one thing to (want to) buy a $250k GT3RS if you can sell it for over MSRP initially, or maybe only face ~15% depreciation after 3 or 4 years, but it's a whole 'nother ball game when that same $250k 911 is worth $150k in 2 years... That takes a different kind of buyer.

Since Ferrari went public and production has increased, the wait list for production level cars has decreased and depreciation has increased, which has turned into a self-perpetuating cooling of the market... Everyone wants a free ride; very few are actually willing to pay for it.

My Ride
    Grimace

Canadian pricing is on the website, $173,900 Turbo, $213,900 Turbo S. Far less than I was expecting based on the US pricing.

https://www.porsche.com/canada/en/mo...staycan-models

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Played with this earlier, 14k in options that are must haves. Not bad. If the 4S isn’t heavily neutered it’s borderline doable.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

For some reason it is looking more and more like a Panamera to me. That’s not a good thing.

Name:  6FD6F080-AA8E-4212-AC6E-6F3B4713FD05.jpg
Views: 424
Size:  40.4 KB

Too bad, this was probably the closest thing to getting me to try an EV. Can’t afford it anyways.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    For some reason it is looking more and more like a Panamera to me. That’s not a good thing.
    I think the back is more aggressively sloped than Panamera. Make it more like a stretched out 911.

Like Rage said, pricing is only disappointing because everyone expects it to fight Tesla and align with Model S. End up Porsche will always charge a premium over competitors, being Porsche.

My Ride
    This and that.

Definitely looks like a Panamera. If I was going this route I would prefer a Panamera over this. But then again I am not quite sold with the whole electric vehicles yet - will miss the exhaust notes way too much.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

There's an e-sound option haha.
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    The SHBARUS

You can always get this lol.

I wonder where the e-tron GT will fit in. It can't be more than a Taycan, can it? ~180k around the R8 mark.

I'm stoked to see these in person... I'm sure there will be plenty of these in the SF bay area. I'll update my grading accordingly:

Tesla Model 3 = Wildcard. Anything from a filthy casual on a 120 month lease to a rich fucker's replacement for the Prius that they let their nanny run errands in.

Tesla Model S P100D = look at the big brains on Brad! Were you early at a startup, or maybe you're doing decently well on Sand Hill Road and need to take the carpool lanes down while you shoot off emails in the morning?

Porscche 981/718/991C2/C2S/etc = you command just enough respect to roll your eyes at BMWs and Audi drivers, wondering how they afford rent in the same area you live in.

Porsche 991.2 Turbo S = my startup had an exit, just wanted to make sure you knew about it. I don't give a fuck about the environment.

Porsche Taycan Turbo S = 1) FUCK YOU. 2) MY STARTUP JUST IPO'd and 3) NONE OF YOU CARE ABOUT THE ENVIRONMENT AS MUCH AS ME.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Quote Originally Posted by Super_Geo View Post
    I'm stoked to see these in person... I'm sure there will be plenty of these in the SF bay area. I'll update my grading accordingly:

Tesla Model 3 = Wildcard. Anything from a filthy casual on a 120 month lease to a rich fucker's replacement for the Prius that they let their nanny run errands in.

Tesla Model S P100D = look at the big brains on Brad! Were you early at a startup, or maybe you're doing decently well on Sand Hill Road and need to take the carpool lanes down while you shoot off emails in the morning?

Porscche 981/718/991C2/C2S/etc = you command just enough respect to roll your eyes at BMWs and Audi drivers, wondering how they afford rent in the same area you live in.

Porsche 991.2 Turbo S = my startup had an exit, just wanted to make sure you knew about it. I don't give a fuck about the environment.

Porsche Taycan Turbo S = 1) FUCK YOU. 2) MY STARTUP JUST IPO'd and 3) NONE OF YOU CARE ABOUT THE ENVIRONMENT AS MUCH AS ME.
    I think you could summarize all of the above as: Huge Douche

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    fact.

My Ride
    ute

Half of San Francisco are douches.

The other half shit on the sidewalk.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Half of Edmonton are douches.

Ftfy
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    Ftfy
    But in Edmonton the shit is frozen.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Frozen shit may look like chocolate ice cream, but a few kicks and you'll figure it out.
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    *The First*

Quote Originally Posted by Super_Geo View Post

Love it, but it makes it seem like the $Taycan"TurboS" > $911TurboS and it's not.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Half of San Francisco are douches.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Buster again.

fact.

My Ride
    18 Model S, 20 Macan S, 67 Camaro & 11 SLS

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    I don't think so. It's definitely a hit for the big spenders. They're going to print money for Porsche.

Us middle class po folk, yea it sucks haha. Look at the Panamera, that's baller priced and they sell ridiculously well.
    I ordered my S when I was talking to Porsche about a GT3 and they were trying to hook me for a Taycan, but at the time, he said it would be the same price. I guess he didn't account for Elon slashing prices like Eddies' Discount Carpet Warehouse. As this release got closer, I started to think I would regret buying the S when I did (aside from the 20k value drop), but I wouldn't pull the trigger at these prices. It's funny you mention the Panamera, my wife loves them, until I pulled it up on the website and showed her a mildly optioned versions' price tag.

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    Frozen shit may look like chocolate ice cream, but a few kicks and you'll figure it out.
    WTF

My Ride
    Freightliners, Van Diemen, Porsches, URAL!

The wonders of Porsche marketing, we were always told the Taycan would be 'between the Cayenne and Panamera' for pricing.

That is still true. It is unfortunate that they choose to launch with the two most expensive variants and not the two entry level models.

We have starting building and allocating cars for local clients, they claim everyone who wants one will get one.

They have also asked us to hold the spots for people who want the 'entry level' cars pending the launch announcement.

I would have liked to see them launch the others first rather than just scare everyone with big-dollar cars.

For those of you who asked to be on the list, I'll be calling in the next couple of weeks to discuss the future plan.

I'm really looking forward to it. From the technical briefings we've had and the competitor drives, it will be a game changer, Porsche is sharing the technology with a lot of other manufacturers in an effort to standardize equipment and research.

Our first units are built and we will have demo units hopefully by Christmas.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Thanks Miles. I’m still interested in the 4S or whatever they’ll call the entry AWD model. No turbo for me.

My Ride
    Freightliners, Van Diemen, Porsches, URAL!

Looks like it will be called 'Taycan'..........

I was going to call a couple of days ago, just tied up.

They appear to all be AWD.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast