Quantcast
Formula 1 - Italian Grand Prix - MONZA 2019 - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Formula 1 - Italian Grand Prix - MONZA 2019

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by OTown View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Although I dont disagree, I do think that the warning was sufficient. Leclerc had over a half a car ahead of him approaching that turn, so he had priority. Was it on the line? Sure. But Id rather see that then the processions were used to seeing
    Sorry did you just make up a new rule??? There is no rule that says if you're half a car ahead you get priority. There are however a lot of rules and FIA directives that says you can't move position in a braking zone, you can't force someone off the track, and you have to leave a car width if the person passing's front wing is past your rear wheels, any of which could have been applied here. It wasn't on the line at all, it was over the line, hence the black and white flag aka yellow card.

The problem is the 2nd incident with Leclerc moving in the middle of Curve Grande to block, that would've been a penalty as he was already served the black and white flag.

But yea, it's Monza, Hamilton was thinking championship and went off track instead of colliding, but as a fan we missed an opportunity for a wheel to wheel battle. That's where both of us got robbed. Ramming people off the track isn't racing. Except Nascar and Formula E haha. Hamilton already says he's adjusting his driving now that this new Black and White flag is being used, so maybe we're going to have to deal more with the ramming and shitty racing.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Lariat 2.7 & StreetTriple R

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    Sorry did you just make up a new rule??? There is no rule that says if you're half a car ahead you get priority. There are however a lot of rules and FIA directives that says you can't move position in a braking zone, you can't force someone off the track, and you have to leave a car width if the person passing's front wing is past your rear wheels, any of which could have been applied here. It wasn't on the line at all, it was over the line, hence the black and white flag aka yellow card.

The problem is the 2nd incident with Leclerc moving in the middle of Curve Grande to block, that would've been a penalty as he was already served the black and white flag.

But yea, it's Monza, Hamilton was thinking championship and went off track instead of colliding, but as a fan we missed an opportunity for a wheel to wheel battle. That's where both of us got robbed. Ramming people off the track isn't racing. Except Nascar and Formula E haha. Hamilton already says he's adjusting his driving now that this new Black and White flag is being used, so maybe we're going to have to deal more with the ramming and shitty racing.
    I meant that Leclerc probably thought he was far enough ahead to regain the racing line, which he clearly did not. I dont think his intent was to push him off, seems like he is looking at the apex of the turn when it all happens. But Hamilton was a bit too far back to stay wheel to wheel on the outside of the second variente, so he was probably better off just taking the exit road anyways. It was an optimistic challenge that would have ended in tears either way. Hamilton was thinking big picture and the title race, so he decided to use his head. By then his tires were chewed up and he couldnt keep up with the Ferrari.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by OTown View Post
    I meant that Leclerc probably thought he was far enough ahead to regain the racing line, which he clearly did not. I dont think his intent was to push him off, seems like he is looking at the apex of the turn when it all happens. But Hamilton was a bit too far back to stay wheel to wheel on the outside of the second variente, so he was probably better off just taking the exit road anyways. It was an optimistic challenge that would have ended in tears either way. Hamilton was thinking big picture and the title race, so he decided to use his head. By then his tires were chewed up and he couldnt keep up with the Ferrari.
    Ahh gotcha. Totally forgot you can’t see left or right out of the Ferrari. Explains Vettel punting Stroll too!

Honestly dunno how anyone can think Leclerc didn’t know exactly what he was doing. He even said in post race interviews that after fighting with Max he’s basically doing the same thing now.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/l...ilton/4535818/
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Lariat 2.7 & StreetTriple R

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    Ahh gotcha. Totally forgot you can’t see left or right out of the Ferrari. Explains Vettel punting Stroll too!

Honestly dunno how anyone can think Leclerc didn’t know exactly what he was doing. He even said in post race interviews that after fighting with Max he’s basically doing the same thing now.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/l...ilton/4535818/
    These guys are the best of the best so you are likely right. My guess is that he probably had an idea he was there. I think he probably thought the angle approaching that turn was too sharp and too fast so he went a bit wider, while naturally looking at the apex. He likely misjudged how much room to give Hamilton and likely just pushed him over the line. I mean after all these guys are doing outrageous speeds including a hard braking zone in a game of inches.
    Last edited by OTown; 09-15-2019 at 09:32 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2