Quantcast
Formula 1 - Italian Grand Prix - MONZA 2019 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Formula 1 - Italian Grand Prix - MONZA 2019

My Ride
    2021 Zonda CRV

Default Formula 1 - Italian Grand Prix - MONZA 2019

Its Monza.
    One of my favorite tracks on Gran Turismo. I love this circuit.

Le Clerc will be looking to build on his win from last weeks Belgian GP. While Vettle has been heard muttering to himself that he must do better.
    Williams will continue their fine form. George Russell finished a glorious 15th ahead of former Wold Champion Kimi. That is saying something indeed. Their dogged resilience is a shining example for others to follow of what can be achieved when the entire team is run on a $22 a hour living wage. It really is.

Maybe Max won’t crash this time…? What is going on with McLaren? Two DNF. They might as well take the engine from my Zonda and put it in the car. Sure they might finish last. But at least they will finish the race at least.

Will it be all Mercedes power or will Ferrari fight back under challenges from Hamilton and his sidekick..?Or will Leclerc protest at being forced to eat spaghetti instead of his beloved noodles. Oh the calamity that could happen. If he does bad, maybe his excuse will be that he is doing the $100 a month grocery challenge?

Drivers to watch…? Albon… Max?

Predictions, Merc will be on the podium. I see Max throwing a wildcard there. Does Redbull have the speed on the straights..?

My Ride
    21 CX5 GT Turbo

ROFL this Q3 ending. Buhahahahaha

Last lap of qualifying is under investigation. For what? Teams and drivers being ridiculous or for being placed in such a situation by the governing body?

edit: NASCAR went to a group qualifying format similar to this for a few years and then went back to single car qualifying except for road course because of all of the theatrics and bull shit, no one wanting to go first.

Last edited by speedog; 09-07-2019 at 08:31 AM.
    Will fuck off, again.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

There was a FIA directive for minimum times on the outlap after this exact thing happened in F3 qualifying yesterday. Also some of the drivers blocked the entire width of the track. So ya I’m expecting penalties. McLaren looks like one of the guilty parties.

This is an outlier, the quali system is great except for Monza when cars are so close anyways and a tow from good positioning will net you 1/2 second.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    There was a FIA directive for minimum times on the outlap after this exact thing happened in F3 qualifying yesterday. Also some of the drivers blocked the entire width of the track. So ya I’m expecting penalties. McLaren looks like one of the guilty parties.

This is an outlier, the quali system is great except for Monza when cars are so close anyways and a tow from good positioning will net you 1/2 second.
    Hamilton didn't have great things to say about this qualifying system at Belfium.
    Will fuck off, again.

My Ride
    V167

Ridiculous

Peroni F3 practice, looks like the halo did it's job...

Will fuck off, again.

My Ride
    2021 Zonda CRV

Im confused.
    Can someone explain what happened...?

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by tonytiger55 View Post
    Im confused.
    Can someone explain what happened...?
    If you’re first, you lose time compared to everyone behind you because this years cars gain 1/2 second a lap behind another car at Monza because of the tow. It’s all about straight line speed here.

Nobody wanted to go first so they all just fucked around trying to not be first. They had to hit the finish line before time ran out to start a lap so drivers not first blocked passes behind them so they had time to start a lap.

In the end Sainz was first and made it, but with nobody in front didn’t improve. Leclerc was next but he had provisional pole so didn’t need to do anymore as nobody else made it past to start a lap.

Coupled with the fact that everyone sat around for 15 mins to clear the red flag from Kimi’s crash, it was a wait for nothing.
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Lariat 2.7 & StreetTriple R

Quote Originally Posted by speedog View Post
    Peroni F3 practice, looks like the halo did it's job...

Holy hell how did he survive that, let alone walk away. Insane.

Quote Originally Posted by OTown View Post
    Holy hell how did he survive that, let alone walk away. Insane.
    A fractured vertebrae is about the only serious injury he incurred.
    Will fuck off, again.

Though I didn't like the result. What a fucking spectacle for the sport. Edge of the seat stuff. I kind of like that he raced hard. The changing of the gaurd indeed.
    Originally posted by ZenOps
    I say we slow down the spinning of the earth so that there is 25 hours in the day.

Join me.

My Ride
    21 CX5 GT Turbo

Oh Vettel I think it's time for you to go away now.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Vettel lol. Leclerc hard defending, Max style. Nice to see the use of the black and white flag (like a yellow card in soccer) although he had 2 unsportsmanlike moves today. Will be interesting to see drivers take advantage of a free warning.

The difference between Hamilton and Bottas in attacking is staggering. Bottas didn’t even come close once, while Hamilton stuck with Leclerc through the entire life of his tires. That Ferrari straight line speed, Jesus. Saw hints of that in Spa, just crazy here.

Fucking McLaren. I swear Alonso is McLaren kryptonite.

My Ride
    2021 Zonda CRV

Le Clerc did well holding off Goomba. He defo gonna be celebrating with a Chinese takeaway tonight. Great drive by him. Interesting to see the black and white flags. A different approach by the stewards to let them race.

Fucks sake.. Merc need to ditch Bottas. No fire under his ass. It was like he was driving his Aunt to church. He can't drive for shit. Im convinced he is more of parade lap driver if anything.

Vettle... LOL.. He is loosing it. Running off the track and causing a calamity.

George Russel brilliantly finished ahead of Kimi and Romain. Even Vettle was struggling to hold it together with Russel close behind. Fantastic drive by George Russel.
    Ricciardo did well finishing 4th, good to see the two Renaults up there

Singapore next. Will Merc fight back...?

My Ride
    Grimace

Very good race. Hard racing all around. Low downforce means vettel always spins though? The replay with stroll complaining and doing the same thing a second later was great though. If you go on twitter all the hardcore lewis fans are accusing Charles of cheating lol.
    Black and white flag is a good idea though imo to allow hard racing. Glad to see ferrari win the final two races their car is suited for

My Ride
    2021 Zonda CRV

Name:  3596rotlgsl31.jpg
Views: 203
Size:  48.3 KB

My Ride

Leclerc really deserved that win. So so good. Hamilton had no answers for that

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by OTown View Post
    Leclerc really deserved that win. So so good. Hamilton had no answers for that
    Can’t have an answer for that when you’re allowed to run him off the road in a braking zone just because Italy.

My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    Can’t have an answer for that when you’re allowed to run him off the road in a braking zone just because Italy.
    Although I dont disagree, I do think that the warning was sufficient. Leclerc had over a half a car ahead of him approaching that turn, so he had priority. Was it on the line? Sure. But Id rather see that then the processions were used to seeing

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast