Quantcast
Bianca Andreescu - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Bianca Andreescu

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by 370Z View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No doubt... but she's still good enough to make it all the way to finals. She's just simply not as good as she once was and Bianca is. Can't take away from Bianca....Serena is still good enough to be number 2 in the world.
    Not only she's 37, she also pop a kid out like less than 2 years ago. That's still an accomplishment.

But damn, it's fun watching Bianca play. I hope she stay focus instead of trying to be Insta star like Genie.

My Ride
    A Slow Car

Name:  20190908_131849.jpg
Views: 335
Size:  26.5 KB
    “Straight roads are for fast cars, turns are for fast drivers.”

My Ride
    2018 Civic Si coupe

Quote Originally Posted by lasimmon View Post
    Took Bianca at 22 to 1 to win the tourney. Don't really feel she has a chance though.
    You must be all smiles now, hopefully you bet the farm

Quote Originally Posted by ThePenIsMightier View Post
    OmG, she won?!!??
    And she's Canadian???!
    THIS IS SO COOL!! I wish I realized Bianca was Canadian and I would've watched! I'm out here mowing lawn like a sucker...
    Good for her, and again, go fuck yourself, Serena!
    You talk a lot of shit on Serena in your few posts and yet you don't even know that Bianca is Canadian? I am guessing you don't watch or follow a whole lot of tennis?

The amount of crap that Serena has had to put up with in her career and done what she has, is unbelievable. She isn't the first person to lose her cool in a huge moment on the court directed at the officials, and she will not be the last. She is the greatest female tennis player of all time and try not to let a moment in a single event overshadow everything she has done for the last 20ish years.

My Ride
    *The First*

Quote Originally Posted by colinxx235 View Post
    You talk a lot of shit on Serena in your few posts and yet you don't even know that Bianca is Canadian? I am guessing you don't watch or follow a whole lot of tennis?

The amount of crap that Serena has had to put up with in her career and done what she has, is unbelievable. She isn't the first person to lose her cool in a huge moment on the court directed at the officials, and she will not be the last. She is the greatest female tennis player of all time and try not to let a moment in a single event overshadow everything she has done for the last 20ish years.
    Yep. Obviously I am not claiming to be a tennis expert. I don't feel it takes a sport-specific expertise to say something like "Good at sport, terrible at sportsmanship."

My Ride
    ute

Serena isn't the first all-time, all-world athlete that has a bad attitude.

And it wasn't just a moment on the court, it's a consistent sense of poor sportsmanship and entitlement. Very unlike-able person.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    Serena isn't the first all-time, all-world athlete that has a bad attitude.

And it wasn't just a moment on the court, it's a consistent sense of poor sportsmanship and entitlement. Very unlike-able person.

Well what kind of attitude do you expect from someone who is the best ever at her sport, but she constantly gets put down to the men. Whether it is comments from announcers, officials, tournament board, the ATP/WTA, less pay, playing on lower end stadiums etc etc.
    She has dealt with tons of racist issues over her years too which is a huge factor of her attitude.

I can only count a few times where she hasn't lost with grace, I can also say the same of the big 3 on the mens side (while not to the level of the Osaka incident last year).

I'm not some Serena huge fan or anything either, but I definitely respect what she has meant to womens/AA tennis community.

My Ride
    ute

Well, she is the best ever *woman* tennis player. Which is a big distinction and goes a long way to explain the stadiums, the pay, etc. This is the women's soccer issue all over again.

I didn't even like her comments a few days ago after losing to Bianca.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by 370Z View Post
    No doubt... but she's still good enough to make it all the way to finals. She's just simply not as good as she once was and Bianca is. Can't take away from Bianca....Serena is still good enough to be number 2 in the world.
    I hope this was a joke

My Ride
    Silverado

Well what kind of attitude do you expect from someone who is the best ever at her sport, but she constantly gets put down to the men. Whether it is comments from announcers, officials, tournament board, the ATP/WTA, less pay, playing on lower end stadiums etc etc.
    She has dealt with tons of racist issues over her years too which is a huge factor of her attitude.

I can only count a few times where she hasn't lost with grace, I can also say the same of the big 3 on the mens side (while not to the level of the Osaka incident last year).

I'm not some Serena huge fan or anything either, but I definitely respect what she has meant to womens/AA tennis community.
    I'm pretty sure the womens prize money is the same as the mens for the same tournament level.

The woman get paid the same in big tournies like the grand slams as an FYI.

My Ride
    Silverado

There is a reason I am putting my daughter in tennis lessons as soon as she can swing a racket. Maybe golf too haha.

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by lasimmon View Post
    The woman get paid the same in big tournies like the grand slams as an FYI.
    Endorsement deals are the big money

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by dirtsniffer View Post
    There is a reason I am putting my daughter in tennis lessons as soon as she can swing a racket. Maybe golf too haha.
    As with any pro sports, you're going to go broke hiring coaching to get to any meaningful level. The top level coaching gets pretty ridiculous, talking about $15-20k USD a month haha. Even before looking at pro levels, for competitive levels of coaching, it's like $5k USD a month in a shared setting.

Crazy shit.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

Quote Originally Posted by dirtsniffer View Post
    I'm pretty sure the womens prize money is the same as the mens for the same tournament level.
    The slams are very similar now, and tournaments have started to catch up. For a long time it was a bad disparity, or showing up at tournaments and the top seeds would be playing almost on practice courts while mediocre guys were in the main ones. That has changed a significant amount in the last decade. I would credit a lot of that to the Williams sisters and some of the other mainstays. But Serena has been the most consistent and feared on the tour so she carries a lot of it.

If you want to shit on a player the way some people are talking, maybe aim it at someone like Krygios or Tomic.

I roll my eyes at the women soccer debate, I am not comparing that at all. The numbers speak for themselves. As a pro women if you're a top tennis/golfer you make bank. Hockey, Soccer, WNBA etc... well... not so much, and anyone who argues that the men counter parts should split revenue

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    Endorsement deals are the big money
    Your right. Nadal made a whopping $1 million more than Serena (who has only played limited amount this year).

The slams are very similar now, and tournaments have started to catch up. For a long time it was a bad disparity, or showing up at tournaments and the top seeds would be playing almost on practice courts while mediocre guys were in the main ones. That has changed a significant amount in the last decade. I would credit a lot of that to the Williams sisters and some of the other mainstays. But Serena has been the most consistent and feared on the tour so she carries a lot of it.

If you want to shit on a player the way some people are talking, maybe aim it at someone like Krygios or Tomic.

I roll my eyes at the women soccer debate, I am not comparing that at all. The numbers speak for themselves. As a pro women if you're a top tennis/golfer you make bank. Hockey, Soccer, WNBA etc... well... not so much, and anyone who argues that the men counter parts should split revenue
    I dont think the soccer argument is about the men splitting revenue. Its about the women generating as much money as the men but getting paid less by US soccer. At least that is how I understand it.

My Ride
    ute

Mens pro sports vastly outstrip women's revenues. Yes that includes soccer.

I am well aware of that. I am talking specifically the Womens National team compared to the Mens National team. Not whatever domestic/international club teams they are playing on.

https://www.businessinsider.com/us-w...low-pay-2019-6
    Last edited by ibeast; 09-09-2019 at 04:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ibeast View Post
    I dont think the soccer argument is about the men splitting revenue. Its about the women generating as much money as the men but getting paid less by US soccer. At least that is how I understand it.
    Its moreso that the USWNT generates more revenue inside the US than the mens team does. However the payments get generated by the federations a lot and those see significant more revenue on the mens side. That is one case that is an interesting one to be made.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast