Quantcast
Bianca Andreescu - Page 3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Bianca Andreescu

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    As with any pro sports, you're going to go broke hiring coaching to get to any meaningful level. The top level coaching gets pretty ridiculous, talking about $15-20k USD a month haha. Even before looking at pro levels, for competitive levels of coaching, it's like $5k USD a month in a shared setting.

Crazy shit.
    Gotta keep that country club living, yacht driving image alive in one of the old rich men sports!
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    F10M/F87/NA2/W220/V90/E46ZHP/SE3P/DC2

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    Serena isn't the first all-time, all-world athlete that has a bad attitude.

And it wasn't just a moment on the court, it's a consistent sense of poor sportsmanship and entitlement. Very unlike-able person.
    ^^ THIS!

look at last year's US OPEN. What excuse did she have? She's black? she's female? Osaka was the same.

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by ibeast View Post
    I am well aware of that. I am talking specifically the Womens National team compared to the Mens National team. Not whatever domestic/international club teams they are playing on.

https://www.businessinsider.com/us-w...low-pay-2019-6
    Not so simple. Thats talking about prize money. The men's team generates more revenue for their games played...they just can't capture all of that revenue in prize money unless they win. But each us men's game generates more overall revenue than a woman's game.

Important distinction.

Quote Originally Posted by Team_Mclaren View Post
    ^^ THIS!

look at last year's US OPEN. What excuse did she have? She's black? she's female? Osaka was the same.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCm3BemDlj8

She seemed pretty gracious in the post match interview, giving all credit to Osaka. I try not to judge athletes for reactions in game. Overall Serena has been nothing but amazing for tennis

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    Not so simple. Thats talking about prize money. The men's team generates more revenue for their games played...they just can't capture all of that revenue in prize money unless they win. But each us men's game generates more overall revenue than a woman's game.

Important distinction.
    Yeah but then there should also be some back-pay if at the end of the year with prize money they are generating as much money.

My Ride
    Silverado

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    As with any pro sports, you're going to go broke hiring coaching to get to any meaningful level. The top level coaching gets pretty ridiculous, talking about $15-20k USD a month haha. Even before looking at pro levels, for competitive levels of coaching, it's like $5k USD a month in a shared setting.

Crazy shit.
    welp. hopefully she is smart. gotta pay for college somehow.

Or she just could take the $3.8 million payout and walk away but we all know that is not going to happen.
    Will fuck off, again.

^^ THIS!

Yah Osaka is definitely black...

I'm not defending what Serena did last year, she has come out multiple times now to apologize saying it was one of the worst/selfish things she has ever done. Stated how much she regretted it and the negative effects it had on her mentality, said she ended up seeking therapy and has tried multiple times to make it up to Osaka. Shit happens, least she has shown remorse for it almost instantly.

But no point in arguing with a bunch of occasional fans who probably don't tune into the sport very often and just read major headlines.

My Ride
    F10M/F87/NA2/W220/V90/E46ZHP/SE3P/DC2

Quote Originally Posted by colinxx235 View Post

I'm not defending what Serena did last year, she has come out multiple times now to apologize saying it was one of the worst/selfish things she has ever done. Stated how much she regretted it and the negative effects it had on her mentality, said she ended up seeking therapy and has tried multiple times to make it up to Osaka. Shit happens, least she has shown remorse for it almost instantly.

But no point in arguing with a bunch of occasional fans who probably don't tune into the sport very often and just read major headlines.
    Naomi Osaka isnt black??? as a "non-occasional fan", you sure know what you are talking about...

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

I’m actually surprised the endorsement money isn’t way better for women in tennis than men.

There has to be way more money in selling women tennis skirts than selling men colourful fuzzy bracelets.

Also big lol for how worked up people are getting about a women’s tennis game. You guys know football season has started right?
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Naomi Osaka isnt black??? as a "non-occasional fan", you sure know what you are talking about...
    Hahaha
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    2018 Civic Si coupe

Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    Also big lol for how worked up people are getting about a women’s tennis game.
    Bandwagon mentality with a dash of patriotism, Toronto Raptors ring a bell?

My Ride
    ute

lol...have you ever heard Osaka actually talk about her ethnicity? It drives her nuts that people ignore her black heritage in favor of her Japanese heritage.

Also, Serena's asshole behaviour is not isolated to last year's US Open. She's been fined and put on probation/fined numerous times over the years. She was still talking sexism nonsense as an excuse for her behaviour recently.

She's been a fabulous tennis player over the years. But she's an asshole.

Quote Originally Posted by Swank View Post
    Bandwagon mentality with a dash of patriotism, Toronto Raptors ring a bell?
    Raptors never made sense to me. Cheer for a Canadian team with all Americans and a star player who is leaving the first chance he gets. I’m sure it ruined it for the actual fans who were there for the bad years.

Yes I'm aware she is half haitian, when I look at her she looks very Asian to me. nice ninja edit though

Bet she hasn't spend two decades getting called N bombs all over the world at tournaments like the Williams sisters did. Or the harassment over her curves/body type.

My Ride
    The SHBARUS

I don't get the n word. Black people use it like they are proud of it. It's an automatic no no when it's used by other people. I get it that's derogatory. Stop using it then. You don't see Asians calling themselves chinks or gooks for fun. What other people use derogatory terms on themselve like a badge of honour?

I'm sorry. We can go back to the regular program now.

Quote Originally Posted by lilmira View Post
    I don't get the n word. Black people use it like they are proud of it. It's an automatic no no when it's used by other people. I get it that's derogatory. Stop using it then. You don't see Asians calling themselves chinks or gooks for fun. What other people use derogatory terms on themselve like a badge of honour?

I'm sorry. We can go back to the regular program now.
    Yup all black people toss the n-word around, we're all the same. Ignorant.

Edit: You obviously have no black friends lol

My Ride
    The SHBARUS

That's not what I meant at all. Let's save it for some other time.

Quote Originally Posted by lilmira View Post
    That's not what I meant at all. Let's save it for some other time.
    That was pretty fuckin clear. No hidden message there.

My Ride
    ute

Yes I'm aware she is half haitian, when I look at her she looks very Asian to me. nice ninja edit though

Bet she hasn't spend two decades getting called N bombs all over the world at tournaments like the Williams sisters did. Or the harassment over her curves/body type.
    She's had sponsors apologize to her for pretending she isn't black. It seems that you don't think that is racism based on your post, but that's a pretty nasty thing to have to deal with.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

She says she's faced racism before, she just doesn't whine about it.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast