Quantcast
Homeless Living In My Backyard - Page 6 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Homeless Living In My Backyard

Thaco is offline sucks off little boys (ya, don't fuck with rage2 bitch!!!)
    My Ride
    Rage2

chuck in a smoke bomb and then call 911, fire department should rip it apart pretty good.
    User title molested by Rage2.

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's not the size that matters, it's the taste it leaves in your mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

Quote Originally Posted by Misterman View Post
    No logic, thought, input, etc from cult member...

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

Quote Originally Posted by Thaco View Post
    chuck in a smoke bomb and then call 911, fire department should rip it apart pretty good.
    Don't half ass it. Do it right, throw a Molotov.
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Originally posted by Mibz
    Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

My Ride
    Rage2

Quote Originally Posted by spikerS View Post
    Don't half ass it. Do it right, throw a Molotov.
    and burn down your own shit while you're at it...

^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    something green

Mole bombs... yes sir, had a big mole problem.
    Too loud for Aspen

Put up a camera that has a good vantage point of them and put up a livestream... sell it to Discovery for a nature doc.

Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    It’s shocking to me that these days we can’t even get scumbags arrested up for shooting up drugs in an alley on the regular and leaving needles everywhere.

But drive in the wrong lane down Center st at the wrong time and they have an hour long sting setup.
    Out of curiosity, what exactly is the offense they are committing aside from littering?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mar View Post
    Who's ready for another Mar thread?

I have a strip of grass behind my house with a fence separating me from the businesses. The problem is there are actually 2 fences there and someone has taken up residency in between them as you can see from this photo I took out my window. I'm actually quite impressed with what they've built there, they have tarps on top and bottom with some hard substance for a floor. Everything is tied off to the trees and fence very nicely.

I called the police and the city before I went on vacation mid August. I just got back to Calgary last weekend and the tarps have been moved around but the people are still there. We phoned again a few days ago and last night I could hear them arguing with someone so I'm assuming that was the police coming to ask them to move on. We phoned the police again today and were told they can only ask the people to move on, they can't force the homeless to move. They also don't do anything if they come out and the people aren't there at that time and the city won't come out to take down the shelter until the police have removed the people.

We spoke to the 2 businesses there and they said they have called to complain multiple times, one of the business owners told us they see the couple doing heroin back there sometimes and the place is full of needles.

Now I realize I'm going to have to do something about this myself so I'm wondering if anyone here can recommend ways to get rid of them. Are there places in Calgary that sell smoke bombs? Are there services I can hire to force them to move? I don't like the fact these people have a close watch on when I come and go from my home and when my girlfriend is at home alone.

Attachment 87426
    Call 311, they have an encampment team and they work with CPS. Whoever told you that is full of shit, or not understanding your issue. /end
    ---------------------------------------------------

Any writings in this forum are my personal view and all opinions expressed should be taken as such; there is no implied or direct opinion representative of anything but my own thoughts on various subjects.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Quote Originally Posted by phil98z24 View Post
    Out of curiosity, what exactly is the offense they are committing aside from littering?
    Well you are the expert, but pretty sure possession of drugs is still illegal. Mar said they spend all their time shooting up drugs, So start there.

If you are implying that what they are doing isn’t illegal. Then it should be. Seems to me like it’s more something that’s inconvenient to enforce.

My shock comes from that CPS/311 has no interest in helping with this. If that isn’t true, as you mentioned, then I feel far better about the situation.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    ute

I'm assuming there is some sort of law against using someone's fence to make a tent?

My Ride
    Rage2

^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    Ram 1500, '68 Camaro, S14

Crazy it is (or can be) a 30 day process

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by JfuckinC View Post
    30 days just to begin the 30 day tear down... jesus

My Ride
    something green

Well you are the expert, but pretty sure possession of drugs is still illegal. Mar said they spend all their time shooting up drugs, So start there.

If you are implying that what they are doing isn’t illegal. Then it should be. Seems to me like it’s more something that’s inconvenient to enforce.

My shock comes from that CPS/311 has no interest in helping with this. If that isn’t true, as you mentioned, then I feel far better about the situation.
    With the amount of people smoking and injecting drugs out in the open for everyone to see in the beltline, it seems like with marijuana legalization, it legalized everything. The cops know everyone going to an safe injection site is carrying, they could bust them right then and there for possession, which would scare off people from using it, so more or less hard drug use is being allowed by government.
    Too loud for Aspen

My Ride
    changes every year

Quote Originally Posted by Maxt View Post
    With the amount of people smoking and injecting drugs out in the open for everyone to see in the beltline, it seems like with marijuana legalization, it legalized everything. The cops know everyone going to an safe injection site is carrying, they could bust them right then and there for possession, which would scare off people from using it, so more or less hard drug use is being allowed by government.
    They're hoping they dont make it to safe consumption...its illegal to do generally, but if they dont go to SCS, then it's a form of population control then, isnt it?

Quote Originally Posted by JfuckinC View Post
    So Mar best do the marth and report this asap and keep following up or it'll be spring 2020 and we'll still be seeing updates.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

We are all getting a long way off topic, but it's not like Mar is going to take our advice anyway, so I'm comfortable with these rabbit-holes.

All the enforcement of the drug laws is basically based around a harm reduction model. Governments know there's no reasonably way to prevent drug use, so they try to basically leave people alone if they aren't doing something else MORE illegal on top of it. I swear most of the drug charges they lay are on people who are already arrested for something else.
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

Cops have become so disillusioned with this shit (that the feds refuse to do anything about) that they just stop caring.

- catch and release policy by the justice system
    - no convictions for small offenses
    - unless they kill or seriously harm someone, nothing will get done to them
    - feds need to legalize, legislate, tax and build a new, user frame work where cracked out zombies HAVE to stay if they want the free drugs.

My Ride
    something green

Honestly Mar, the only way you'll get the city to act, is to report them for not having a development and occupancy permit. Make the bums go through the bureaucracy like the rest of us schmoes do.
    Too loud for Aspen

First off, I reread what I write and it sounded snarky, haha. I wasn’t trying to be a smartass so sorry if I came off that way. That said, I did pose the question that way because unfortunately, many folks don’t realize there isn’t a lot that can be done about people just hanging out or “urban camping” even when they are using needles. They have the same rights to be in public and hang out doing whatever they are doing (so long as it’s not illegal or disturbing the peace.)

Sooooo... yes, drug possession is illegal. I know you won’t like the answer here, but there is actually a lot of law around having drug paraphernalia and that it’s not automatically indicative of possession. It’s very frustrating and very limiting. But, that’s how it is and we have to respect it.

However, as I said earlier, there are teams who deal with this and he shouldn’t be told there is nothing that can be done. That is one of Bylaw Enforcements responsibilities. I know we are always dealing with this stuff where I work and we are tearing them down and moving them along.
    ---------------------------------------------------

Any writings in this forum are my personal view and all opinions expressed should be taken as such; there is no implied or direct opinion representative of anything but my own thoughts on various subjects.

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

Quote Originally Posted by Maxt View Post
    Honestly Mar, the only way you'll get the city to act, is to report them for not having a development and occupancy permit. Make the bums go through the bureaucracy like the rest of us schmoes do.
    Whats worse is when these zombies start getting advocates - like in Maple Ridge BC where they FINALLY took down a tent city after years of complaints. The bleeding hearts came in force to defend the zombie crackheads.

My Ride
    2015 Hyundai Veloster

IT'S MOVING DAY!

Over the last week we've been recruiting people from our group of friends and 3 different hockey teams I play on. We finally had everything set up to go in there for a forced eviction tomorrow but my girlfriend made a final call to the police this morning to let them know our plans for tomorrow. Dispatch advised us not to go in there and that an officer would call us back right away. The officer called and told us they would visit the site and give the occupants 2 hours to leave. By the time I woke up, the tarps had been removed and the occupants were taking up the flooring and cleaning up the small stuff. That lasted about 6 hours and they're still out there yelling at each other right now. I don't know what's taking so long but it appears like they're doing a thorough job if removing all of their belongings.

One funny part about this is for 10 years I had multiple tarantulas and twice a year I would clean out all of their tanks. I'd take the old, disgusting, webbed up, dead worm filled soil and dump it over the fence in the same spot. That spot is right where they set up camp. I got rid of my last spider last year so I no longer have them now.
    Originally posted by Go4Long
    or else what? you'll turn on the caps lock?
    you do realize this is the internet right? lol
    Originally posted by rob the knob
    mar, you are good guy at heart
    you must realize your limitations
    then you will be happy if you fine place in live
    Originally posted by blitz
    Jesus man, I know you like Transformers, but you need to get out more. No one should get this upset over a movie based on children's toys.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 ... LastLast