Quantcast
wtf? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: wtf?

My Ride
    2000 Civic SE

Angry wtf?

Ok, Im not too impressed. I took my car into Calgary Honda in teh auto mall and I payed $400 for a type 3 maintenance with them putting on my winters and raising my springs. The maintenance was 200 bux.... not a big deal, but all they really did was oil/filter and put a bunch of checkmarks on a piece of paper. Nothing was changed or cleaned because they said everything was fine. So 200 bux to change my oil then... ok whatever. Next the wheel alignment for all 4 wheels was 80 bux. Kind of high but what can I do. And the thing that really got me was I payed 80 bux more for them to adjust my springs. What the hell? It takes like 20 mins to max out the ride height of all my springs. Plus 5 bux of gas money on the loaner car when I drove it all of 20 kms. Any dealerships better then them?

Plus on top of that my friend took his 92 accord in to get fixed and they never found anything but they did break his drivers side door handle. He didnt care, but I would have went back.

Auto Mall Honda Sux ass. They constantly break stuff on peoples cars
    Damn +44411's

My Ride
    BMW

Damn dealerships! That's why I'm really reluctant to bring my car into the $tealership to do my oilchanges, tuneups, etc.
    I used to go through a friend/mechanic, but he can't work on my anymore...

My Ride
    Honda Z50 Daily Driver

I hate taken my car to get fixed at a dealer, you never now what the bill will be.
    I don't take my car to a mechanic unless I have too, I'd much rather buy the tools and parts and DIY. If I can do it in without a hoist, I will take it to a friends garage or something.

whatever..im friends with everyone at my dealer cause i use to work there....i get awesome deals....awesome service! heh
    http://www.sfu.ca/~joh/teg/fastlane.gif

My friend took his Prelude into Calgary Honda to get his passenger side mirror replaced as it had cracked. Gets his car back the next day and WTF the mirror is still cracked? He had a nice new rearview mirror though...

My Ride
    BMW E70

hmm, guess I shouldn't be taking my car to Calgary Honda anymore... My car is definately not seeing High River Honda's lot again! What about Honda West? If not, I'll just go back to Silverhill. They were always good to me when I had the EL.

And you paid $200 for an oil change? I practically shit my pants when I had to pay $40 last time.

My Ride
    97 Ls/Vtec ..95 Pathfinder

hey i totally understand where your comming from, wait till you read about my story(long to type out not finished the book yet lol)
    they way overcharge, say theres things wrong with your car that are not...............i wont go back to calgary honda, now! in the past week i have recieved the best service in my life from a car dealership place from """"""""HONDA WEST""""""""", but there very busy busy cause there building there new buildings and such, once its done its going to be the best honda dealership in calgary
    A$$

My Ride
    NC1

Sorry to hear Nick
    That is why only request an oil change! And to adjust your springs, you could of done that yourself! Dealers charge up the ass to do little things
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    2008 Accent hatch S

at my dealership just to repair at tire costs like 0.3 of an hour @ $100/hr crazy stuff. If I can't do it myself I get a cost of $35/hr for labour and I get parts at cost plus 15% (Ford Dealer)
    OFFICE ARITHMETIC

Smart boss + smart employee = profit
    Smart boss + dumb employee = production
    Dumb boss + smart employee = promotion
    Dumb boss + dumb employee = overtime

My Ride
    06 RX8 SE

Me too had bad expreience w/ dealership ... Jack Carter to be exact.. our van.. yes domestic.. had lots of prob a year or 2 after we got it... so anyway the most annoying problem was the steering wheel wasnt align to the center.. so u have to turn it a bit to the left or right just to go str8. well we bring it in to fix it.. first time.. they didnt fix it. but manage to find "other problems" and charged us like 600 bucks for some stuff.. then few weeks later we bring it in.. they somehow manage to min the prob to just a little left.. still not dead center... we complained and they said its alright..

so the 3rd time... we bring it in again along w/ few other problems.. they sorta fix some but not all.. steering wheell still not focken dead center...and they end up charging us like 800-1000 bucks.. so my mom decided not to bring the car there anyway.. we bring it to Canadian Tire... they fix it for like 20% of wat we paid Jack Carter.. and the steering wheel were dead on up to this day..

My Ride
    BMW E70

We've also had mad problems with Advantage Ford. I'm not even going to go there though!

My Ride
    2007 Impreza Wagon

Silverhill is great! I took the teg to them last week to have an alignment and they treated me in a curtious professional manner. The car was done on time, and my alignment was cheap too, only $59.95 + tax and $5.40 in Shop Supply/Environmental Fees. I'll go to Silverhill whenever I have a problem with my teg

My Ride
    BMW E70

They were great with my EL too. And If I remember correctly, their oil changes were around $30, plus they always had a 6-pack oil change special for $99.

My Ride
    2000 Civic SE

Ok then, I can see dealerships usually suck. Too expensive and crappy workmanship. Now who should I go to to get my car tuned/fixed, etc? Someone/place good and not too expensive. A loaner car would be good to. And somewhere in the south near chinook is best.

My Ride
    BMW E70

Silverhill Acura. They were always good to me when I had my EL. Just a little north of Chinook and they have courtesy cars. Last time I booked a courtesy car in advance but they accidentally gave it out to someone ele. So, they just threw plates on a car from the lot and ket me have it for the day

My Ride
    2007 Impreza Wagon

yeah, give Silverhill a try! they are great!

My Ride
    '01 Stang

Mmm, if any of you domestics care- Crowfoot Ford sucks ass. My clutch pedal started making squeaky noises, and my driverside window was a squeaking a bit. I took it down there, and after 2 days they call and say they replaced the window motor, but then they said that they couldnt do anything about the clutch because "Ford made the linkage like that". That dealership is staffed by a bunch of fuckups. Anyways, I go to Universal Ford, and they fix everything in 3 hours.
    Objects in mirror are losing!

My Ride
    01 330i

Originally posted by HRD2PLZ
    hmm, guess I shouldn't be taking my car to Calgary Honda anymore... My car is definately not seeing High River Honda's lot again! What about Honda West? If not, I'll just go back to Silverhill. They were always good to me when I had the EL.

And you paid $200 for an oil change? I practically shit my pants when I had to pay $40 last time.
    I got my prelude from HW... the sales people are great IMO. However the service guys are a pain in the ass to deal with except Brain Talbot (I think that's his last name) most are very rude arrogant, I was constantly on the phone with them over some warranty work that they were trying to get out of... in the end I was dealing with the Honda Canada rep that dealt with Western Canada because the service manager there is a cheap bastard! Be careful who you deal with there...

My Ride
    05 GDB V.8 / ZX10R / T1-7L

yup dealers suck meng good thing that brasso is decent on oil changes, especially since the sales guy hookep us up with free oil changes for life take it in whenever and change the oil, plus we get the option of takinga curtesy car

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast