Quantcast
Need advice - 370Z to FiST - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Need advice - 370Z to FiST

My Ride
    370Z duhh

Default Need advice - 370Z to FiST

I've read several times on here about how great the FiST is... basically I've decided I can't stand another winter of driving a boring as SUV AND automatic. The FiST is FWD and I could get studded tires real cheap since the wheels are so small.

I've looked on kijiji and could get a FiST for about $12 - 15 but at that price I would be more comfortable only keeping 1 car.

The FiST is so much better on gas and I can use regular octane, it's supposedly much funner and everything about it is more modern and comfortable. The Z is anything but comfortable in comparison. I think the biggest thing is going from imo one of the most beautiful cars ever made to a car that looks like a bean. I often want a car that attracts less attention but man is the FiST ever ugly and bland. Not only that, it actually resembles my mother in laws Honda Fit.

Anyways, just curious what beyonders think.

Economically, it's not possible for me to keep both cars as in the summer I need something that can not only tow our 3500lb camper but do it reliably which means I can't just buy a $2000 Xterra.... the wife has a Juke and she will never give that up.

So essentially I'd be stuck giving up the Z for a FiST.

Not sure how I'd feel about the drop in power too...I made a thread before about Miatas and ultimately decided it wasn't worth it even though they are supposedly more fun.

Also curious how these would compare to say a Civic SI or RSX Type S that I could get for under $6000?
    Last edited by 370Z; 09-14-2019 at 08:53 AM.

My Ride
    teslo murdel free

I loved my fist when I had it. It needs an accessport at minimum to wake it up though. But even in stock form it's a blast. Great on gas (even when I big turbo'd it) 7.0l /100 when I drove it normally. Took it to California twice. I wouldn't worry too much going to regular gas, premium is only a few cents more and if you're worried about that - probably just get something that requires premium lol. Only reason I got rid of it was an RS came into the picture at a really good price so my best friend took the fiST and I got the RS now

I loved how the FiST resembled the fit. I had an 09 GE8 and the fiST is how I imagined the fit to be if it had a K series and a turbo. If I had the garage space, I would have kept the fiST as a track warrior and taken the build even further.

Sugaphreak and Pheoxs, and that nerdy guy that doesn't post anymore that works at memex have fist's as well and love them. Sugarphreak autocrossed his a lot and had really good results and that was essentially in stock form - just some rear shocks and some tires and he was an all star

Last edited by eglove; 09-14-2019 at 09:02 AM.

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

I like mine though it occasionally throws a air / fuel code is my only gripe. Idk if it’s just the OTS tune (running stage 3 cobb setup) or what but it’s been good to me. Modded at 10k and now she’s at 96k. I’m actually probably selling it in a month or two as we need a suv so probably grabbing a cx5 turbo. Going to be a sad day but that’s life.

It’s been pretty reliable, only had 2 repairs so far, one was a recall that they had the wrong cabin air filter in the car from factory and it could let very fine snow in and it melted / froze and seized the blower so they replaced all that under warranty at 4k (mine was one of the first FiST made) and then around 60k my AC stopped working but it was one of the couplers form the Cobb mods I had angled the wrong way and it rubbed against a ac line and broke it. So got that piece replaced.

Otherwise it’s been a great car and just basic maintenance.

My Ride
    *The First*

In your case, I think you should consider a Rolls Royce Silver Shadow. Something like this one:
    https://classiccars.com/listings/vie...michigan-49601
    I think you'll end up finding it's closer to what you want in the end.

My Ride
    370Z duhh

Quote Originally Posted by ThePenIsMightier View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    In your case, I think you should consider a Rolls Royce Silver Shadow. Something like this one:
    Hmmm never thought about that....

Honestly though, I need to stay the hell off kijiji or maybe find another hobby in life or maybe have kids lol

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Quote Originally Posted by 370Z View Post
    Hmmm never thought about that....

Honestly though, I need to stay the hell off kijiji or maybe find another hobby in life or maybe have kids lol
    That roller is cheaper than kids. No contest.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    V8s

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    Any roller is cheaper than kids. No contest.
    Ftfy

My Ride
    DA6, R59

Quote Originally Posted by ThePenIsMightier View Post
    I have a contact of mine that will be selling one of these shortly. PM if youd like more details.

My Ride
    Fiesta ST

I've also had a FiST for the last 4 years. Absolutely love it.

Give it premium gas though, it uses so little it won't make a big difference to the bottom line.

Just make sure you give it a good test drive it beforehand. It's a cool little car and there was a time not long ago that I was legitimately considering one but I literally could not drive it, my elbow rams into the center rest with any rearward shift motion and there is no way to adjust the position (for me) such that it doesn't happen. That could just be specific to my particular size or sitting posture though but just something to look out for - it is still the only car I have ever been in to date that I physically could not drive properly. Too bad as it seems like it would be a fun little commuter.

Have you considered the Focus ST?
    I've driven the Fiesta ST and the Focus ST and ended up buying the Focus ST.
    No comparison in interior comfort, the extra power is nice, and the 2013-2014 Focus ST looks a lot better than the Fiesta.

Having also owned a 370Z Nismo, I think the transition to a Focus ST would be a lot easier than to the Fiesta.

Just my .02

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    Just make sure you give it a good test drive it beforehand. It's a cool little car and there was a time not long ago that I was legitimately considering one but I literally could not drive it, my elbow rams into the center rest with any rearward shift motion and there is no way to adjust the position (for me) such that it doesn't happen. That could just be specific to my particular size or sitting posture though but just something to look out for - it is still the only car I have ever been in to date that I physically could not drive properly. Too bad as it seems like it would be a fun little commuter.
    Similar situation for me in the Focus ST. Also the worst shifter position in a car I have ever seen.