Quantcast
Water Meth Injection - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Water Meth Injection

Default Water Meth Injection

Who is running it and what kit are you using?

Interested to know everyone set up in terms of direct port, or dual nozzle

My Ride
    Turbo stuff

I've installed dozens of aquamist kits on customer cars. It's my favourite, but pricey. Usually dual nozzle in the charge pipe, or single on lower powered stuff, but I've done a direct port setup once before as well.

AEM and Snow and Devil's own are fine too, just not as many features and failsafes.

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

My old prelude has a snow performance system, it served me well however I am sure as mentioned above that there are more options. Like anything, budget talks.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

I'm going to go with USRT who used to work with Snow in research and development. I have noticed that a good kit is actually pretty pricey, around 1200 for the one I'm to go with. I plan to get one nozzle at the compressor nut of the turbo, after the intercooler and one after the throttle body.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sentry View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I've installed dozens of aquamist kits on customer cars. It's my favourite, but pricey. Usually dual nozzle in the charge pipe, or single on lower powered stuff, but I've done a direct port setup once before as well.

AEM and Snow and Devil's own are fine too, just not as many features and failsafes.
    Heard good things about aquamist kits, i had thought they were primarily in the UK

My Ride
    Trucks

The kit I had on my last truck was just no name parts. Used the old windshield washer tank and had a single nozzle /solenoid after the throttle body with a PWM driven pump from the engine controller. (mapped like the fuel injectors)

My Ride
    '13 GT1R

For $1200, i'd build one. That's highway robbery. What kind of car and ECU?
    GT1R. 8.82@169
    Mission

My Ride
    Pushbroom

Have a snow performance setup controlled by the Haltech. Had my pump go out on me, and rather than replace it from Snow or AEM for $350, I went to the place selling diaphragm pumps just off Blackfoot trail there and got a replacement for $100. It's just a basic ShurFlo pump that all the kit suppliers label as their own. My original one even still had the ShurFlo label under the snow performance one when I peeled it off. The fittings and stuff can be found at Princess Auto for cheap, the only thing you'll really need thats speacialty would be a nozzle or a check valve if you do direct port. As for a control system, I just use an output on my Haltech, but I've got a boost pressure switch that came with the kit which you could have for basic on/off function of the pump.

My Ride
    '13 GT1R

Quote Originally Posted by Maxx Mazda View Post
    Have a snow performance setup controlled by the Haltech. Had my pump go out on me, and rather than replace it from Snow or AEM for $350, I went to the place selling diaphragm pumps just off Blackfoot trail there and got a replacement for $100. It's just a basic ShurFlo pump that all the kit suppliers label as their own. My original one even still had the ShurFlo label under the snow performance one when I peeled it off. The fittings and stuff can be found at Princess Auto for cheap, the only thing you'll really need thats speacialty would be a nozzle or a check valve if you do direct port. As for a control system, I just use an output on my Haltech, but I've got a boost pressure switch that came with the kit which you could have for basic on/off function of the pump.
    Everyone uses the same pumps Even once great Aquamist is now an overpriced joke using the same weed sprayer pumps.

Here is some great background and info. https://www.rbracing-rsr.com/waterinjection.html

Before e85, water injection was a bigger deal. Drill your windshield washer tank near the bottom, drop a bulkhead fitting through and tighten. Go get a pressure sprayer pump, plastic line, and a irrigation nozzle from Acklands or eBay. To be special, you could use a pressure switch or a flow meter from an espresso machine to warn you of issues. $150 all in.
    GT1R. 8.82@169
    Mission

Quote Originally Posted by 04Terminator View Post
    For $1200, i'd build one. That's highway robbery. What kind of car and ECU?
    The controller i was looking to get lets you control mist based on engine speed and gearing, its fairly advanced. i could opted out for a cheaper kit but i would want the triple nozzle and the fail safe controller as well. The bad USD to CAD dollar doesn't help.

This will be on a 1.8T Audi engine using a standard ecu that has been remapped.

My Ride
    Turbo stuff

Quote Originally Posted by 04Terminator View Post
    Everyone uses the same pumps Even once great Aquamist is now an overpriced joke using the same weed sprayer pumps.

Here is some great background and info. https://www.rbracing-rsr.com/waterinjection.html

Before e85, water injection was a bigger deal. Drill your windshield washer tank near the bottom, drop a bulkhead fitting through and tighten. Go get a pressure sprayer pump, plastic line, and a irrigation nozzle from Acklands or eBay. To be special, you could use a pressure switch or a flow meter from an espresso machine to warn you of issues. $150 all in.
    I definitely agree, if I had to choose E85 or water/meth I'd pick E85 all day every day. Way more power to be had there.

But water/meth is a nice band aid if you're already out of pump/injector, or your ecu can't do flexfuel, or E85 isn't available in your area.

Quote Originally Posted by Sentry View Post
    I definitely agree, if I had to choose E85 or water/meth I'd pick E85 all day every day. Way more power to be had there.

But water/meth is a nice band aid if you're already out of pump/injector, or your ecu can't do flexfuel, or E85 isn't available in your area.
    Isn't running direct port injection almost equivalent as running e85?

My Ride
    Trucks

Quote Originally Posted by jabjab View Post
    Isn't running direct port injection almost equivalent as running e85?
    With direct port you can use straight methanol for more fuel or mix it down with water for more cooling.