Quantcast
Formula 1 - Singapore 2019 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Formula 1 - Singapore 2019

My Ride
    2021 Zonda CRV

Default Formula 1 - Singapore 2019

Does anyone else remember 90’s racing video games…? They would all have that one level of nighttime racing. F1 took inspiration from that… and now we have F1 Singapore…
    In anticipation of the upcoming race, rumour has it that Singapore Sam’s in Calgary is offering 20% to any customer that orders Singapore rice. I can’t say if that’s true or not. But hey, anything is possible in this town.

F1 Monza showed us Ferrari have a few tricks up their sleeve. How will LeClerc fair in south east Asia..? No shortage of ducks on the menu, that I can say that for sure.
    Will Vettle continue his back luck..? A local source asked him what has been the issue..? Is it the car, personal life..? Vettle response was: ‘It was down to a steak dinner I ate a few months back. It was a bad luck steak. Since then its all been downhill’.
    Perhaps he can take a leaf green out of Hamiltons book by going vegan..?

Williams will continue their brilliant advancements. George Russell will continue his fine form. Kubica will blast out the last seven races showing everyone what a great driver he is.
    Lance Stroll has denied rumours that he will be wearing a turban instead of a helmet. He was quoted’ That’s a dirty black rumour, next thing they will be coming out with is that I’l be racing on a magic carpet instead of a car. Honestly, im too woke for this nonsense’.

Name:  A16SLb5stJL.jpg
Views: 346
Size:  58.3 KB

I think Max will be the dark horse in this race. He will nab 2nd. Christian Horner feels confident about the race. He spoke nonchalantly as he laid back in his giant black leather chair exhaled a thick smoke from his e cigarette. It was almost like a silhouette from a old bond movie. The only think that was missing was a white fluffy cat.

Name:  Charles_Gray_Blofeld.jpg
Views: 338
Size:  55.6 KB

Bottas will remind us all that he is just a plow horse and finish 4th.

Can Riccardo win F1.5..?
    Predictions…?

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

on the Lance Stroll bit. Well done.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

Ferrari out of nowhere! Lewis vs Leclerc is going to be good.

Name:  lEoD3JY.jpg
Views: 311
Size:  48.6 KB
    Last edited by phreezee; 09-21-2019 at 08:19 AM.

My Ride
    XT6

Ferrari’s one lap pace was unreal. I didn’t look at how much of the pace came of S1 but didn’t expect that.

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

wow - and Leclerc said on the radio that on 3 occasions he was 'out of control' during that Q3 lap. Thats what you call 'committed' .

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Leclerc is going to be a monster once he minimizes his mistakes in race. He reminds me of Hamilton in 2008.
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Defender, Allroad

Leclerc and Ricciardo would make a great pairing at Ferrari...

Great to see Ferrari fighting back at Mercedes, but I think it's a little too late. There are too many races left where RB will be a major factor, Mexico for example.

My Ride
    2021 Zonda CRV

Lewis needs to get a fucking haircut. The weight saved alone might be enough to make the difference.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Merc strategy didn’t make much sense. Kept wondering why they weren’t pitting when others showing crazy pace with the hards but it was Vettel that made the first and right move. I guess they were crossing fingers for SC or something? Could’ve won the race with an undercut, instead lost to Verstappen as well. Funny that Vettel once again gets the better strategy than Leclerc.

Usually SC makes it fun, but these SCs timing are killing any chance of racing. Zoning out here. 10 laps to go, probably 6 under green and nobody is on edge with tires.

This is a race to forget for sure. Boring as shit. Good result for LANDO. Absolutely horrendous strategy call. In for a penny in for a pound I suppose. Mercedes is getting a little complacent.
    Originally posted by ZenOps
    I say we slow down the spinning of the earth so that there is 25 hours in the day.

Join me.

I'm no Vettel fan, but he deserved that win after having a worse stop than Leclerc and coming from 4 seconds back.

Mercedes got everything wrong today.

I'm not as knowledgeable as many on here regerding F1 racing but are teams actually able to remotely control the car's power output?
    Will fuck off, again.

My Ride
    Defender, Allroad

Lewis asked for the undercut, but then Leclerc covers him off. They gambled on a safety car, but the pack was bunched up too much for it to work. They should have brought him in after Leclerc pitted.

My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by speedog View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm not as knowledgeable as many on here regerding F1 racing but are teams actually able to remotely control the car's power output?
    Yes, I have heard the drivers request more power on the radio. Not sure if thats electrical/kers or engine though.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Teams are not allowed to remotely control power settings. Only driver can. These are the strat modes that we here about on the radio. That was a rule changed about a decade or so ago that limited car to pit communications to 1 way only. This led to hilarity in some races where teammates are racing each other and both kicked up engine modes to race one another when the team forbid them from doing so. IIRC it happened between vettel and Webber at RBR and recently Hamilton and Rosberg.

The reason why teams want to only allow so little use of engine modes is because they have to last so many races these days, those modes kill the life of the engine. Everything is calculated to safe margins. Breaking team order and using modes for immediate gains affect what they can do for following races.

My Ride
    Grimace

Great race. Impressive strategy from ferrari. Sure seb undercut charles, but him getting through the traffic ahead took a lot of skill. Not sure why mercedes didn't let bottas fight max though instead of slowing down so lewis would come out ahead. Thought that was kind of odd.

My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    Teams are not allowed to remotely control power settings. Only driver can. These are the strat modes that we here about on the radio. .
    I heard Max just in this race 'give me everything' (with regards to performance) and other drivers, 'give me more power'.

Is that code words?

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by revelations View Post
    I heard Max just in this race 'give me everything' (with regards to performance) and other drivers, 'give me more power'.

Is that code words?
    It's literally asking for permission. If they give him more power, they'll explain the exact modes that he's been granted and he has to make the change on his steering wheel.

My Ride
    3.5L 7th Gen Accord

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    It's literally asking for permission. If they give him more power, they'll explain the exact modes that he's been granted and he has to make the change on his steering wheel.
    I assume also it is to manage fuel consumption. Wonder how many laps they would be able to do on full power before running out of fuel.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by triplep View Post
    I assume also it is to manage fuel consumption. Wonder how many laps they would be able to do on full power before running out of fuel.
    It's all reliability based these days now that you get so few engines a year. I don't think I've heard any radio about saving fuel at all this year.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast