Quantcast
Climate change discussion. - Page 18 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8 17 18

Thread: Climate change discussion.

Pssh, wont need climate change argument to take down oil. When the first big oil bigwig starts wheezing from lack of oxygen, that's when he is gonna sell off his natural gas stove and carbon stocks.
    0.5 gram microsd delivered by 12,000 pound combustion vehicle and driver.

My Ride
    NC1

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thoughts are that a lot of beyonders had this stance over the years.
    Lol yup!
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    ute

Have the usual suspects suggested solar powered machines to build more solar power yet

My Ride
    V8s

Quote Originally Posted by andyl View Post
    thoughts
    tl; dr.

Quote Originally Posted by AndyL View Post
    Thoughts
    Same as the guy who founded Greenpeace. Starting to admit what anyone who follows the science has been raging about for as long as this Climate Change dogma has been a thing. I doubt this is going to spur any real reflection from anyone who has been vehemently propagating this climate scam for the past decade. The elites in government have been using this to siphon cash from taxpayers for quite some time, and they aren't likely to want to give that up, so I'm sure they will continue to bombard the public with misinformation about climate.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    Have the usual suspects suggested solar powered machines to build more solar power yet
    Don't need to yet. Three gorges dam produces enough power in the off season for two silicon solar production facilities. So much power they don't know what to do with it.

Maybe melt down some coal infrastructure and re-use it for buildings. I can imagine some of Germanys old infrastructure will make its way to China for recycling, probably direct trade for more solar. Believe it or not, 1 million tons of monocrystalline silicon could mean that Germany "wins".

If you ask me, its really kind of a waste to produce steel when you can produce silicon at a higher temperature. Because once you hit critical wattage, you can use the silicon solar to use in an electric arc furnace to produce as much or as little steel as you want, for as long as the sun shines - any place where the sun shines - regardless of road access (oil usually needs big roads for transporting said oil, solar is much more utilitarian if you have time)

What oil/gasoline people don't tell is that it requires shipping said gasoline, every day (usually on truck) which requires stupendous amounts of support (road, tankers, armored trucks) to keep going. Literally all you need for solar - is a spare copper wire if you want to install at the top of mount Everest. Vastly superior means of getting energy to areas 1/2 mile away from a serviceable paved heavy truck load road.

Noone ever actually quoted a price on how much it takes to *get* carbon fuels to certain areas. $3 million to fuel up a fighter jet in air once? I believe it. Kids in america better start making some money soon, because the bills are racking up fast.

Oil and especially gasoline does create a heck of a lot of busy work though.
    Last edited by ZenOps; 07-06-2020 at 07:06 AM.

BTW: There are areas on the planet where I would suggest that they put three weeks worth of gasoline infrastructure payments (road, trucks, wages to maintain said road and trucks) - into solar panels instead. Solar panels that now technically last for 20+ years.

I have zero doubt that once they start to see what it actually buys (even with 250 days of the year of cloudy weather) that they will never go back to carbon. If 1 out of 3 days of cloudy weather is doable at $60 per 100 watt, its just as doable with 2 out of 3 days at a cheaper price. And its dropping in price fast now.

https://www.alibaba.com/product-deta...537039f1rr1Pi5

Lets say one truckload (instead of one daily oil shipment) as a one time shipment is 648 solar panels at 380 watt capacity. How many truckloads of solar would you need to energy cost supplant that daily truckload of oil over the next 20 years.

Computer programmers motto: The single best thing you can do is make yourself obsolete. Much harder sell to a trucker, but if you want wants best for everyone - this is the path to take.
    Last edited by ZenOps; 07-06-2020 at 08:24 AM.

Las Vegas expected to hit 46 tomorrow. Still not quite "deadly" world coming to end, but definitely enough to cause problems.

My Ride
    *The First*

I spent the first 1-2 weeks of July in Vegas for about a decade from 2005-2015 and there was only one thing that was certain.
    You would see 46degC.

So, my useless anecdote= your useless anecdote.

Thats just it, does the earth actually have the capacity to hit sustained 50 Celsius. I'm not so sure anymore. Scientists say there is a maximum cold temperature that is nearly impossible to breach. Technically, as long as there is water in a closed system, you can't breach 100 celsius.

Unfortunate that a heatwave is hitting exactly as hospitals are getting swamped in the Southern USA.
    Last edited by ZenOps; 07-11-2020 at 02:42 PM.

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Quote Originally Posted by ThePenIsMightier View Post
    I spent the first 1-2 weeks of July in Vegas for about a decade from 2005-2015 and there was only one thing that was certain.
    You would see 46degC.

So, my useless anecdote= your useless anecdote.
    EDC music festival every year in June at the Vegas speedway. I think 2017 it hit high 40's ... Dancing on pavement in a packed crowd. Saw so many people drop of heat exhaustion / dehydration. They finally moved it to May and much better now.

My Ride
    Axis powers

I have a picture somewhere of when I was in Vegas and my rental car showing 52C
    Sig nuked by mod.

Drink up that beautiful hot Vegas weather while you can. We are are going into a solar minimum over the next decade. Oh right, can't go to Vegas, border is closed.

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8 17 18