Quantcast
Climate change discussion. - Page 14 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Climate change discussion.

Technically, yes. The bike path in the South along the C-train, nowhere near the vehicular roads remains unfinished. Not sure why, they are literally the cheapest things to put in as they do not have to support truck type weight, and the land around it has already settled because of the freight and commercial rail that goes by that area.

I would 100% get the scooter if they simply finished off that section and let me get to the Superstore (glad they finished off the overpass) without having to use a vehicular road. Some say the pedestrian overpass was over-engineered, but I see it as a boon for scooter takeover. They actually made the pedestrian footsteps too narrow, but maybe they were just forward thinking in making gigantic ramps.

Unfortunately I know that Superstore will never have full ramp access to their stores, because that would encourage shopping cart theft.
    Last edited by ZenOps; 11-30-2019 at 02:47 PM.
    0.5 gram microsd delivered by 12,000 pound combustion vehicle and driver.

Quote Originally Posted by revelations View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I dont think its about predicting the next cycle - its about trend observation.

Solar cycles/minimums have been correlated with global temperatures for about 500 years - yet here we are getting mass media horseshit up our noses about the earth warming up 1000 degrees and all of us dying off, while the solar cycle indicates that we are headed towards a global cooling event.
    The climate hysterics have never really cared much about science. It isn't good for their narrative.

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

Quote Originally Posted by Misterman View Post
    The climate hysterics have never really cared much about science. It isn't good for their narrative.
    Worse, its often of a case for misleading or disproved science with regards to CO2.

The Inconvenient Truth hurts - but because thats not the mainstream narrative, and people are too stupid to realize they are being emotionally manipulated, the drama continues and nothing benefits the average middle income earner in any way. Just more 'carbon' tax, disguised as another general revenue source.

What should be common sense is the solar sunspot number correlation to long term (decadal) cold/warm weather events.

Quote Originally Posted by ZenOps View Post
    Technically, yes. The bike path in the South along the C-train, nowhere near the vehicular roads remains unfinished. Not sure why, they are literally the cheapest things to put in as they do not have to support truck type weight, and the land around it has already settled because of the freight and commercial rail that goes by that area.

I would 100% get the scooter if they simply finished off that section and let me get to the Superstore (glad they finished off the overpass) without having to use a vehicular road. Some say the pedestrian overpass was over-engineered, but I see it as a boon for scooter takeover. They actually made the pedestrian footsteps too narrow, but maybe they were just forward thinking in making gigantic ramps.

Unfortunately I know that Superstore will never have full ramp access to their stores, because that would encourage shopping cart theft.
    But, but, but, you just said in your previous post that Amazon is cheaper - why are you going to Superstore then?

And btw, every Superstore has great handicapped ramp access but you wouldn't know that because of all of your Amazon shopping.
    Will fuck off, again.

Amazon does not deliver apples, daily baked bread, overpriced cheese. Yes we have no bananas today.

Amazon does not deliver apples, daily baked bread, overpriced cheese. Yes we have no bananas today.
    Always an excuse, eh. And what of the ramp access?
    Will fuck off, again.

The ramps on the C-train stops are impressive. The pedestrian and bike/scooter access to Superstore is terrible. I guess I could call up Galen Weston Jr. and see if anything could be done about it without risking cart theft. I can imagine placing a $2 GPS running off a CR 2032 might be doable as effective deterrent.

I would also suggest to all food chainstores around the world, that putting an IOT electronic tracking device on all shopping carts would be advantageous and inexpensive given the cost of electronics nowadays. Of all things, I'm stupefied as to why no one has done a "smart shopping cart" or shopping cart with a cheap tablet strapped to it.

"Hey billionaire Weston guy" need more ramps, heh.
    Last edited by ZenOps; 12-03-2019 at 08:32 AM.

The ramps on the C-train stops are impressive. The pedestrian and bike/scooter access to Superstore is terrible. I guess I could call up Galen Weston Jr. and see if anything could be done about it without risking cart theft. I can imagine placing a $2 GPS running off a CR 2032 might be doable as effective deterrent.

I would also suggest to all food chainstores around the world, that putting an IOT electronic tracking device on all shopping carts would be advantageous and inexpensive given the cost of electronics nowadays.

"Hey billionaire Weston guy" need more ramps, heh.
    Public infrastructure issues are not Superstore's problem and every one of their stores has great handicapped access. Post pictures, if you wish, to prove me wrong but I've been to every Superstore in the city and a person in a wheelchair can easily get into a Superstore from their parking lots or sidewalks.
    Will fuck off, again.

I take it no one's admitted to looking at the site I linked, where the scientamicians #1 thing to reduce GGs is...

Refrigerant management????

But.. but... but... TESLA!!11!

Last edited by 01RedDX; 05-06-2020 at 12:47 PM.

My Ride
    Trucks

Quote Originally Posted by suntan View Post
    I take it no one's admitted to looking at the site I linked, where the scientamicians #1 thing to reduce GGs is...

Refrigerant management????

But.. but... but... TESLA!!11!
    There are more savings to be had in eliminating ICE vehicles than refrigerant management. All modern cooling systems have pretty much mitigated their contributions to global warming in developed countries, whereas eliminating ICEs is in its infancy, globally. 3rd world countries don’t give two shits about the use of CFC and HCFC refrigerants, but I’m sure that will change long before the countries adapt to electric vehicles. For those not in the industry, many refrigerants cause more global warming than CO2 in the atmosphere by several thousand times, pound vs pound. The new mandated refrigerants do not.

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

For those who actually believe our idiot federal governments can tax us into "helping".

https://business.financialpost.com/d...ons-much-worse

Before some self-loathing "lifetime oil and gas guy" comes in with his pigeon-holed rhetoric driven insults again, I don't think ANYONE says don't be better. Some people just think you can make changes the right way, instead of the fashionable way, and hurt the Country AND world less along the road to change and overall improvement. Change is inevitable, some of the pains along the way don't have to be if people had some common sense.
    Last edited by JRSC00LUDE; 12-05-2019 at 11:22 AM.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    '13 GT1R

Quote Originally Posted by 01RedDX View Post
    For those whose go-to argument is "climate models are always wrong."

https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2019...global-warming
    I loved watching The House Oversight Subcommittee on Civil Rights and Civil Liberties grill the Exxon scientists who in the 70s and 80's predicted this accurately, but now it turns out coal industry scientists from the 60's did the same!!

Very excited for the liability lawsuits to start shutting these guys down. Wont get much traction now, until the supreme courts catch up to today's ethics and morality, but as public tides are massively shifting, it's eventually going to be a well deserved slaughter.
    GT1R. 8.82@169
    Mission

My Ride
    '13 GT1R

Talk about steadfast Bernie. A video from 1987!

https://www.facebook.com/berniesande...3433856496742/
    GT1R. 8.82@169
    Mission

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

The liability thing is fascinating, particularly in Canada where technically the oil companies produce the resources on behalf of the government, who owns the resources, and technically, pays the oil companies to develop them.

Is the government liable?
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    The liability thing is fascinating, particularly in Canada where technically the oil companies produce the resources on behalf of the government, who owns the resources, and technically, pays the oil companies to develop them.

Perhaps we should have let Trudeau senior run with the NEP all along. When we get sued, his kid could have just raised our taxes more to pay the fines!
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

I always wondered how difficult it would be to sue NASA.

My Ride
    '13 GT1R

I doubt it they didn't technically work for the government . Royalties and taxes were a pitance compared to profit . Cigarette companies were sued, but taxes on tobacco were extortion. More than profit and governments weren't sued

They should be though, because governments enable the promote the polluting.
    GT1R. 8.82@169
    Mission

First thing that needs to happen is some sort of negative consequence for anyone to even be liable for. So far nothing.

I always wondered how difficult it would be to sue NASA.
    Probably not but your chances of success are most likely minimal.
    Will fuck off, again.

Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4 13 14 15 ... LastLast