Quantcast
Eddie Maurice getting sued. - Page 3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Eddie Maurice getting sued.

My Ride
    2018 Civic Si coupe

Everyone should have blue clips and red clips for their guns, use the blue one for warning shots.

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

Quote Originally Posted by littledan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Average response time to a priority 1 call (ie you are being murdered) in Edmonton is 7 minutes. People living in urban areas should have every right to defend their families, just like in rural areas. If someone breaks into a home while residents are there, all bets are off as you do not know their intentions, what weapons they have, their state of mind, or what substances they have consumed. They have the element of surprise that the homeowner does not have.

Agree w/ spikers 100%

We do have the right to defend our homes against deadly force.

What we dont have is the right to fire warning shots or even point a firearm at somone without a deadly weapon.

Theres a go fund me for Eddie trying to raise another $50k for his lawyers. If masked bandit is correct that his insurance should cover it then hes in for a pay day as well as the thief.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Quote Originally Posted by littledan View Post
    Average response time to a priority 1 call (ie you are being murdered) in Edmonton is 7 minutes. People living in urban areas should have every right to defend their families, just like in rural areas. If someone breaks into a home while residents are there, all bets are off as you do not know their intentions, what weapons they have, their state of mind, or what substances they have consumed. They have the element of surprise that the homeowner does not have.

Agree w/ spikers 100%
    Something pretty sobering that happened outside of my place a few weeks ago. ERT was searching for a guy for over 30 minutes in a 2 block radius before they found him holed up in my neighbors yard. 30 minutes, when they were already right there and that’s CPS best of the best. He could have just as easily decided that the inside of my house was a good place to hide (they found him 15 feet from my back door), presuming he was armed since it was an ERT unit that took him down.

My point, bad shit could be going down for a long time before CPS finds your bodies.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    4x4

Quote Originally Posted by gwill View Post
    Theres a go fund me for Eddie trying to raise another $50k for his lawyers. If masked bandit is correct that his insurance should cover it then hes in for a pay day as well as the thief.
    But at the same time, look at the lost income already, stress, travel costs, daycare costs, shit just parking downtown as I'm sure it's not in okotoks court this time around.

Pretty damn sure even if the lawyer's covered (and that assumes he has insurance) he's still in the hole for thousands.

Quote Originally Posted by AndyL View Post
    But at the same time, look at the lost income already, stress, travel costs, daycare costs, shit just parking downtown as I'm sure it's not in okotoks court this time around.

Pretty damn sure even if the lawyer's covered (and that assumes he has insurance) he's still in the hole for thousands.
    didnt he raise a massive amount in the first go fund me? The guy should have more then enough left from that one being that his charges were dropped. If he reaches his goal on this fund raiser he'll have made a decent amount.

My Ride
    Sierra, RDX

Quote Originally Posted by Swank View Post
    Everyone should have blue clips and red clips for their guns, use the blue one for warning shots.
    And then you grab the blue when you really need the red and look like a fool since you've now got a useless gun in your hand. I'd never keep blanks or snap caps in a magazine that I might accidentally grab under stress.
    See Crank. See Crank Walk. Walk Crank Walk.

My Ride
    4x4

Quote Originally Posted by gwill View Post
    didnt he raise a massive amount in the first go fund me? The guy should have more then enough left from that one being that his charges were dropped. If he reaches his goal on this fund raiser he'll have made a decent amount.
    Obviously I don't know his finances, can't speak to that, though I do believe he did donate a bunch to one of the local charities after it was all over.

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

Who was the member who had to deal with catching trash like this breaking into his house and chase them out? I would enjoy his perspective on all our thoughts, he has the most direct experience.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

From another epic thread & Dave Chappelle:
    Quote Originally Posted by Disoblige View Post
    Bird shot, buck shot, bird shot, buck shot, buck shot, buck shot!

Quote Originally Posted by Swank View Post
    Now I'm curious; if I shot at a violent & armed intruder in my home, missed, and killed an innocent person outside, what kind of trouble would I be in?
    If the intruder had a weapon and threatened to use it, you would probably get sympathy. But like a ricochet, if you actually miss your target (kneecap or dead-center chest of intruder) that would go against you as being unskilled/untrained in weapon of use.

I mean really, if you drive over the curb with a car and smush anyones foot (bad guy, good guy, or both) they will blame you for it. If you miss with a gunshot, you must take extra responsibility for incompetence. If you do not do a ricochet, and hit your target dead center knee, head or chest (and have some sort of prior proof that you are proficient and skilled at firearms), then that is best type of scenario - but it still can get you a small penalty in Canada.

If this scenario is what I think it is: Some guy rummaging through garbage without a weapon or a threat, and the shot missed - it is literally the worst scenario for the homeowner. You wouldn't even be able to claim "warning shot" because if you fire up in the air, there is no way that a deflection could cause a hit (unless you had a metal bucket above your head)

Last edited by ZenOps; 09-25-2019 at 05:40 PM.
    0.5 gram microsd delivered by 12,000 pound combustion vehicle and driver.

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE View Post
    Who was the member who had to deal with catching trash like this breaking into his house and chase them out? I would enjoy his perspective on all our thoughts, he has the most direct experience.
    It's not me you are thinking of here, it was that other guy in Barspaw I believe.

But, I have had that happen to me twice, once at my house, and again at my Dad's house. One, I chased out and the cops were able to pick her up a few blocks away with her boyfriend who did have weapons in the car. The second one I had him trapped in the basement and tuned him up a bit until the cops got there.
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Originally posted by Mibz
    Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

My Ride
    Ford F150

Quote Originally Posted by spikerS View Post
    It's not me you are thinking of here, it was that other guy in Barspaw I believe.

But, I have had that happen to me twice, once at my house, and again at my Dad's house. One, I chased out and the cops were able to pick her up a few blocks away with her boyfriend who did have weapons in the car. The second one I had him trapped in the basement and tuned him up a bit until the cops got there.
    "Hello 911, a man broke into my house, and I think someone may have beat him up before hand as he's bleeding like crazy". CYA
    I can eat more hot wings than you.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Quote Originally Posted by CompletelyNumb View Post
    "Hello 911, a man broke into my house, and I think someone may have beat him up before hand as he's bleeding like crazy". CYA
    Your honour I just walked into his house for a cup of sugar and he beat me mercilessly.

Leaving them alive means nothing but trouble.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

[
    Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE View Post
    Cug I think

My Ride
    4Runner

I dont know much about the laws and how the legal system works, but cant Eddie counter sue for the lawyer fees, time off work, stress etc. after possibly winning this trial?
    As i take it since we dont have the Castle Law in Canada, the only way and reason to point a gun or shoot a warning shot in a house robbery is if they had a deadly weapon?
    Would the item they used to break the lock or whatever already be considered as weapon since it would be in their hand?
    I have so many questions LOL its just so crazy that this is all happening and all he was doing was protecting his belongings and family in his home

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

Like some skid thief will ever pay a judgement even if awarded.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

Quote Originally Posted by Mostwanted View Post
    I dont know much about the laws and how the legal system works, but cant Eddie counter sue for the lawyer fees, time off work, stress etc. after possibly winning this trial?
    As i take it since we dont have the Castle Law in Canada, the only way and reason to point a gun or shoot a warning shot in a house robbery is if they had a deadly weapon?
    Would the item they used to break the lock or whatever already be considered as weapon since it would be in their hand?
    I have so many questions LOL its just so crazy that this is all happening and all he was doing was protecting his belongings and family in his home
    The thief didnt have the police lay charges so Eddie's beef would be with the prosecutors and the police. Eddie didnt win at trial the charges were dropped.

In the end gun owners know if they shoot at someone or end up shooting someone that there will most likely be issues with the police to deal with.

All of us gun owners get to choose if it's worth our time or not. Eddie seemed to think shooting at a thief over change was worth all the hassle hes had to deal with.

My Ride
    is pretty sharp lookin'

Its wrong to assume deadly intent. Its even mostly unlikely to even assume "threat". Many times you might just find out that a person is having a really rough time and is simply looking for an abandoned shelter for the night. Door to door panhandling/begging is not unheard of although they usually tend to go to churches instead of residences for the obvious reason that it may be mistaken.

It is one of the few regrets in my life that when a younger women showed up at my door saying "she had nowhere to go and did not know what to do" on a colder winter night that I did not immediately take her in - or take the personal hit and get a cab so that she could make it to a shelter.

Now Omar, that was deadly intent - the soldier flew halfway around the world. Was literally coming to the door with a loaded weapon. And then rang the doorbell. *That* is defending a home/family.
    Last edited by ZenOps; 11-07-2019 at 05:22 AM.
    0.5 gram microsd delivered by 12,000 pound combustion vehicle and driver.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast