Quantcast
Buying an IS300 in 2019? - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Buying an IS300 in 2019?

My Ride
    Lexus/Toyota

Quote Originally Posted by revelations View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I have a 1998 Eclipse Spyder - I dont give a fuck about a cars perceived 'group association'.

I have the car because I like the look of it. If I had an G1 IS300, it would also be for the same reasons.

Never limit yourself because of the potential perception of others.
    I should have probably clarified this a little, I don’t really care what anyone thinks of my cars (I own a minivan and a grandpa Volvo as well, the IS is my summer car).

The comment was more about being grouped in that category and law enforcement attention that brings. These cars tend to be clapped out, mine is lowered and has aftermarket wheels.

I’ve been pulled over a few times for very minor things, and always when the cop sees I’m a mature driver and not really hooning around been let go.

Back to the original topic, if you find a clean manual car go for it. But make sure you have good winter tires if you daily it.

b_t is offline b_t is a huge nag (2019 friendly)
    My Ride
    FC3S 10AE / Tacoma

Quote Originally Posted by mrsingh View Post
    I should have probably clarified this a little, I don’t really care what anyone thinks of my cars (I own a minivan and a grandpa Volvo as well, the IS is my summer car).

The comment was more about being grouped in that category and law enforcement attention that brings. These cars tend to be clapped out, mine is lowered and has aftermarket wheels.

I’ve been pulled over a few times for very minor things, and always when the cop sees I’m a mature driver and not really hooning around been let go.

Back to the original topic, if you find a clean manual car go for it. But make sure you have good winter tires if you daily it.
    unfortunately it didn't win GF approval so it looks like I will have to do one more winter in my truck (FUCK) then get used to the idea of having a car payment again (FUUUUUUCK)

Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE View Post
    b_t as a final homage to your old user title I submit the following:

Attachment 87779

It was a good run you nag!

Also, you should make mrsingh an offer it would seem.
    lmao I miss the way we were

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

Quote Originally Posted by mrsingh View Post

I drive a lowered, aftermarket rimmed, window tinted (fronts are 40% though) and fart-canned Civic hatch (now my winter car).

For 10 years I've owned it, and I drive all over the city as a contractor - zero issues with the CPS (never been pulled over).

My Ride
    2018 Lexus IS350 AWD F-Sport 3

I had one for about 5 years before getting the most recent generation IS350 AWD.

With winter tires, I never had issues in Calgary. I actually enjoyed RWD in the winter over AWD. Shame that it didn’t work out.

The instrument cluster is still the favourite aspect of any car I’ve ever had. If you can’t tell by my profile picture haha.
    These opinions are entirely my own and do not represent any other person or organization.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2