Quantcast
FS: 2002 Lexus IS300 Sportcross (Wagon) with LSD - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: FS: 2002 Lexus IS300 Sportcross (Wagon) with LSD

My Ride
    2005 Acura NSX, 2007 Audi S4 Avant 6MT

Default FS: 2002 Lexus IS300 Sportcross (Wagon) with LSD

December 13, 2019 edit: Car sold today for $8000 CAD.

Vehicle Details : 2002 Lexus IS300 Sportcross Wagon
    Year : 2002
    Make and Model : Lexus IS300 Sportcross
    Exterior Colour: Silver
    Interior Colour: Black Heated Leather
    Auto or Manual?: 5 Speed Automatic
    Odometer Reading : 153000 kms (95000 miles)
    Location of Vehicle: Registered and insured in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
    Price (see below for details) : $9000 CAD ($6800 US)

Contact Information : Call, text, e-mail
    E-Mail: a
    Phone: 780-

$10000 CAD ($7550 US) with full stereo and dash cams.
    $9000 CAD ($6800 US) with OEM stereo. My preference is to return to stock as I’ll go and put basically the identical stereo into my Audi but they’re still a butt load of money if I want to buy new (or even used). Couple that with the cameras and I’ll be out $2k. I figured it’s best to return to stock and give you the option of choosing your own stereo. I’ll be removing the stereo in a weekend or 2.

I chose a random assortment of photos for this post but if there is anything specific you’d like to see just let me know and I’ll grab a picture.

I largely copied the text from my Kijiji ad but I tweaked a few things for the forums. I also included pictures of the underside of the car. The car is a 2002 Lexus IS300 Sportcross (station wagon). I’ve owned this car for half a decade now (bought in 2014) and it has treated me well and gave me no issues. I bought it with 85k kms and now it has ~153k kms so I’ve driven it for half of its life. It was mainly my winter car and rarely saw summer use except on rainy days where I didn’t take my summer car (which is why the kms are so low for the age). It was also our summer time road trip car so many of the kms are highway but the consequence of this is increased rock chips. I filled them in as required using a Lexus matched paint pen.

Reason for selling is I don’t know what got into me but I went full stupid and bought a German car (2007 S4 Avant with the 6-speed manual) which I’m sure I will regret come maintenance time. The real reason is it’d be nice to have AWD for winters but with the Torsen LSD in the Sportcross it was manageable. For the Lexus I have the full service history (big pile of paper work) from the previous owners and I continued this during my ownership with logging maintenance in CarMinder which I can forward you.

I treated the car well and replaced what was needed when it was needed. I kept the Sportcross completely stock using mostly OEM Lexus parts except for things like struts which I went with KYB. It is stock ride height, all engine is completely stock, it has never been modified. The timing belt, water pump, tensioners, valve cover gaskets, coil wires, spark plugs, accessory belt tensioner (the expensive one), and radiator hoses all got replaced with OEM Toyota parts. The intake adjustable cam gear was also rebuilt as they’re prone to leaking. As mentioned before this one also has the factory fitted M98 Torsen LSD in the back which is a huge bonus.

The interior is stock and exactly how it came from Lexus other than the stereo. The car is complete with all bespoke tools, owner’s manuals, 4 keys (including the Lexus “card” key), first aid kit, floor mats, moveable floor – and “long board” setup with the folding passenger side seat, Sportcross specific cargo net and all tonneau covers.

I have a total of 10 (ten) OEM IS300 wheels which will come with the car (4 on the car, 1 full sized spare, another 5 on top of that). 2 of them are the super rare wide Sportcross wheels (the sedan had all the same sized wheels but the wagons had wider rears).

Mine was stored in the garage and in the underground parkade at my work for my full ownership. I honestly don’t believe you’ll find a lower mileage (non-JDM) Canadian Sportcross for some time to come.

My Carfax is clean for the year model and this car has spent most of its life in British Columbia which is why it’s in such good shape; it is currently registered and insured in Alberta. I have the CarFax from when I bought it if you want to see that but feel free to purchase one (you should anyways for any car you get).

Note, I have absolutely no idea why the freaking pictures are showing up in random order in my Imgur account but they’re all there….just not in the order I intended. The pictures against the grassy park are how the car sits today in my garage.

- - - Updated - - -

Last edited by 99 rs; 12-14-2019 at 01:37 AM.
    http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1486051

My Ride

The next set are of the car approximately a month ago as well as some random shots of maintenance items.

- - - Updated - - -

My Ride

- - - Updated - - -

My Ride

- - - Updated - - -

My Ride

Now that the car has been up for sale a few days I want to answer some common questions that keep reoccurring.

1. Yes, the car has Active status. I meant that with the "clean CarFax" statement but I guess I didn't explicitly state it so fair enough; on the registration it says "Active". I can't tell you why this question keeps coming up but maybe there is some recent scam going on I'm not aware of?????

2. The VSC off switch is not standard to the car but it is an OEM Toyota part (?I think Avensis/Avalon?). It's wired in to the steering angle sensor just like the new Toyotas are. The Trac Off switch still functions as normal. Nothing was disconnected at all.

3. Yes, it is still insured and driving so the kms will go up slightly. I alternate day to day between the Lexus and the Audi.

Everyone else thanks for looking!

Last edited by 99 rs; 10-12-2019 at 09:27 PM.

My Ride

Factory OEM stereo is now put back into the car. $8900 CAD ($6800 US).

My Ride

Autotrader selected my Sportcross for Find of the Week not too long ago:

https://www.autotrader.ca/newsfeatur...300-sportcross

After declining a few offers over the past few months the car sold today December 13, 2019 for $8000 CAD ($6075 USD) with just under 154000 kms (~95000 miles). It's basically around the price I was looking to get.