Quantcast
TELUS buys ADT - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: TELUS buys ADT

Default TELUS buys ADT

TELUS buys ADT Security Services for $700 million, https://www.bnnbloomberg.ca/telus-to...lion-1.1324617

Interesting addition.
    Will fuck off, again.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

This is awesome. I’m considering a wholesale switchover to Telus for all my services (home and mobile) in the new year. They are setting up to be a powerhouse.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This is awesome. I’m considering a wholesale switchover to Telus for all my services (home and mobile) in the new year. They are setting up to be a powerhouse.
    If you are, let me know and I will put in the internal referral for you. Gets you some good discounts.

On a side note, TELUS already bought out Alarm Force a few years back and TELUS is already selling those packages that include cameras, doorbell cams, remote surveillance from PC and smart phones etc...I have been using it for about 1.5 years now and it is pretty slick.
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Originally posted by Mibz
    Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Quote Originally Posted by spikerS View Post
    If you are, let me know and I will put in the internal referral for you. Gets you some good discounts.

On a side note, TELUS already bought out Alarm Force a few years back and TELUS is already selling those packages that include cameras, doorbell cams, remote surveillance from PC and smart phones etc...I have been using it for about 1.5 years now and it is pretty slick.
    Will do! I’m trying to time it such that they will buy out the remainder of my Shaw contract. (June 2020)

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    fact.

My Ride
    rally pig

Quote Originally Posted by spikerS View Post

dont you mean Bell bought Alarm Force last year?
    Our contract with ADT is ending up next year, hopefully we can get a cheaper rate for a plan similar to Telus Protect Plan.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Telus is putting a fuck ton of money and effort into IoT, so not surprised at all at the acquisition.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My home alarm was with Paladin Technologies which was bought by Telus as well. I've been switched over to Telus since the end of June I believe.

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

Quote Originally Posted by taemo View Post
    dont you mean Bell bought Alarm Force last year?
    Our contract with ADT is ending up next year, hopefully we can get a cheaper rate for a plan similar to Telus Protect Plan.
    no, I meant Telus.

Bell and TELUS both went in on the purchase of Alarm Force. Bell took the eastern component and customers, while TELUS took the western market. I guess "technically" Bell bought it, but, the whole aquisition of Alarm Force was hinged on TELUS chipping in $66.5 million of the $182 million purchase price.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    Telus is putting a fuck ton of money and effort into IoT, so not surprised at all at the acquisition.
    TELUS has been going all-in when it comes to IoT. It's a big headache for me, but, it is a smart move on their part. Everything is going to be interconnected, and TELUS is getting ahead of it and making itself a solution. The stuff going on in the background is pretty awesome.
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

My Ride
    Faux X 4 Mall Crawler

Maybe it’s just me, but i’ve never seen the point in a home security system. I have lived inner city all my life and the worst I’ve had to deal with is people checking my car doors, and once checking the garage (excluding sunalta, which is a shit hole).
    sig deleted by moderator, because they are useless

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Quote Originally Posted by finboy View Post
    Maybe it’s just me, but i’ve never seen the point in a home security system. I have lived inner city all my life and the worst I’ve had to deal with is people checking my car doors, and once checking the garage (excluding sunalta, which is a shit hole).
    Crime is way worse in the inner city than the Burbs. That and far out you have to worry about teens messing around, inner city it’s desperate crackheads.

Name:  1930E189-D886-4A26-BB7D-31F0126A4BD7.jpg
Views: 227
Size:  24.1 KB

fact.

My Ride
    2018 Civic Si coupe

I've had a break in and it sucks, the security system makes the difference between a smash and dash vs cleaning your place out. I was fortunate enough to come home to the bastard still in my house, chased him away so he only got away with the stuff in his pockets, everything else was in the stolen van parked close by. Called to get an alarm installed the next day.

My Ride
    Faux X 4 Mall Crawler

Crime is way worse in the inner city than the Burbs. That and far out you have to worry about teens messing around, inner city it’s desperate crackheads.

Name:  1930E189-D886-4A26-BB7D-31F0126A4BD7.jpg
Views: 227
Size:  24.1 KB
    Exactly, calgary is a really safe city, so why worry about the added expense?
    sig deleted by moderator, because they are useless

My Ride
    *The First*

Exactly, calgary is a really safe city, so why worry about the added expense?
    The stickers on the windows is 95% of the deterrent to not make you the low hanging fruit. I like the smoke detector being monitored as well. That could literally save a house from total loss.
    I think the Vivint $80/month systems are insane but for half that you can get basic monitoring and additional peace of mind if you vacation a lot.

Big consolidation in this industry as we started with APX who got bought by ADT and now into Telus. I think the proliferation of smart homes and self-monitored security systems makes this a great sell for ADT and a weak buy for Telus, but I don't even know what IoT stands for, so... WtF do I know!!?

What does IoT mean?
    LoL.

My Ride
    2018 Civic Si coupe

Quote Originally Posted by ThePenIsMightier View Post
    I like the smoke detector being monitored as well.
    Yep, that and flood as well as temperature monitoring can go a long way in saving your house from massive damage. Crooks aren't the only thing that can screw up your day.

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

Quote Originally Posted by ThePenIsMightier View Post
    I don't even know what IoT stands for, so... WtF do I know!!?

What does IoT mean?
    LoL.
    IoT = Internet of Things

The Internet of Things (IoT) is a system of interrelated computing devices, mechanical and digital machines, objects, animals or people that are provided with unique identifiers (UIDs) and the ability to transfer data over a network without requiring human-to-human or human-to-computer interaction.
    The definition of the Internet of things has evolved due to the convergence of multiple technologies, real-time analytics, machine learning, commodity sensors, and embedded systems.[5] Traditional fields of embedded systems, wireless sensor networks, control systems, automation (including home and building automation), and others all contribute to enabling the Internet of Things. In the consumer market, IoT technology is most synonymous with products pertaining to the concept of the "smart home", covering devices and appliances (such as lighting fixtures, thermostats, home security systems and cameras, and other home appliances) that support one or more common ecosystems, and can be controlled via devices associated with that ecosystem, such as smartphones and smart speakers.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_of_things
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

I had united alarm for $20/mo when I moved in. Paid for a year and cancelled. Still have stickers and lawn sign and feel like I'm getting good value for current $0/mo.

Wife forgets to lock door on the regular, so I feel like an alarm is overkill.
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    I had united alarm for $20/mo when I moved in. Paid for a year and cancelled. Still have stickers and lawn sign and feel like I'm getting good value for current $0/mo.

Wife forgets to lock door on the regular, so I feel like an alarm is overkill.
    I like the beeping when a door gets opened, something enough to wake me up. But you don’t need a subscriber service for that.

fact.