Quantcast
PV or something similar for 4 days - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: PV or something similar for 4 days

My Ride
    Ralli Machine

Default PV or something similar for 4 days

I've been following that other thread about short warm get-aways but am curious if anyone has done PV (or something similar) for 4 days? Wife and I want to get away but can't do a normal full week of all inclusive due to the kids.

Anyone done something similar? We're not massive partiers but we need a break and some sand and ocean would be nice. Other ideas I had we're San Diego or LA but j feel like they'll cost more.
    Cos...

My Ride
    Pushbroom

Just do Vegas. Mexico for a 2-3 day trip is too much time spent on airplanes, and you get sick of Vegas after 2 days anyways.

My Ride
    rally pig

We did PV earlier in April for 6 days with our then 11 months old toddler and enjoyed it.

It is a short flight (4-5 hours direct) compared to the east side, cheaper than US and something different since we've been to Vegas and California so many times now.

We stayed in the old town for the first 3 nights to visit the place and walk along the boardwalk then last 3 nights we stayed in Grand Palladium PV to relax. Sayulita is worth checking too.. lots of Canadians, LGBT and colorful beach town.
    My parents joined us halfway the trip for 3 nights in Grand Palladium and found it relaxing since it is an all inclusive resort. It is not as big, not as many food selection as the GP in Cancun but we still were able to relax and unwind.
    Last edited by taemo; 10-02-2019 at 07:43 AM.

I've done PV for 4 days a few times. Seemed totally fine to me travel wise.

PV flight isn't too bad. Cabo is a bit shorter flight if you're trying to minimize travel time.

The wife and I went to Isla Mujeres last April for 4 days, it’s an island off Cancun about a 30 minute ferry ride we stayed at Mia Reef. Location was amazing with a private beach, but the food at the resort was blah, so if you’re picky about food then definitely no the place for you but it’s minutes away from town that if you wanted to you can just walk over and find somewhere to eat. The weather was in the high 20’s and the resort was not too busy when we were there. We’re planning to go back next year but to a different resort.
    Last edited by Clever; 10-02-2019 at 10:25 PM.

My Ride
    Ralli Machine

Quote Originally Posted by Maxx Mazda View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Just do Vegas. Mexico for a 2-3 day trip is too much time spent on airplanes, and you get sick of Vegas after 2 days anyways.
    My wife said Vegas as well. I really like water / ocean though hence why I am a bit against it.

Quote Originally Posted by taemo View Post
    We did PV earlier in April for 6 days with our then 11 months old toddler and enjoyed it.

It is a short flight (4-5 hours direct) compared to the east side, cheaper than US and something different since we've been to Vegas and California so many times now.

We stayed in the old town for the first 3 nights to visit the place and walk along the boardwalk then last 3 nights we stayed in Grand Palladium PV to relax. Sayulita is worth checking too.. lots of Canadians, LGBT and colorful beach town.
    My parents joined us halfway the trip for 3 nights in Grand Palladium and found it relaxing since it is an all inclusive resort. It is not as big, not as many food selection as the GP in Cancun but we still were able to relax and unwind.
    Thanks for the tips! Yeah this will be our first big trip without our kids (is the idea anyways)

Quote Originally Posted by lasimmon View Post
    I've done PV for 4 days a few times. Seemed totally fine to me travel wise.
    Quote Originally Posted by sabad66 View Post
    PV flight isn't too bad. Cabo is a bit shorter flight if you're trying to minimize travel time.
    Thanks! I hadn't thought of Cabo but that's a good point too.

Quote Originally Posted by Clever View Post
    The wife and I went to Isla Mujeres last April for 4 days, it’s an island off Cancun about a 30 minute ferry ride we stayed at Mia Reef. Location was amazing with a private beach, but the food at the resort was blah, so if you’re picky about food then definitely no the place for you but it’s minutes away from town that if you wanted to you can just walk over and find somewhere to eat. The weather was in the high 20’s and the resort was not too busy when we were there. We’re planning to go back next year but to a different resort.
    I'll check that out too! We've been to Cancun a few times and quite like the water. I wasn't sure what it was like for a shorter time. Interesting even with the Ferry it was fine for 4 days. Is that 4 days, then 2 for travel or was that including your travel?
    Cos...

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Can't really beat Mexico. For such a short trip, I'd personally place a priority on short distance to the airport. You don't want 2,3,5 hours on each side just to get to the hotel.
    If you like the US, maybe do San Diego?
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Ralli Machine

Well looking at it all I've tentatively decided San Diego / LA. Looking for recommendations. More interested in hanging out, food, wandering around, hitting a chill patio and having a beer somewhere.
    Cos...

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

For San Diego, spend the money and get a hotel somewhere you want to be. I like La Jolla, Ocean Beach or Coronado. If you surf, Imperial Beach is cool. It's great if you can do your "wandering around" right where you are staying. I stayed in Golden Hill once, and the money I saved wasn't worth it.
    Balboa Park is worth checking out, and I love the zoo. Not everyone is as chill as me though.
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    992 T-hawk Golf R

Quote Originally Posted by The Cosworth View Post
    Well looking at it all I've tentatively decided San Diego / LA. Looking for recommendations. More interested in hanging out, food, wandering around, hitting a chill patio and having a beer somewhere.
    Instead of maintaining your vacation inquiries in one simple thread, can you please start new threads for any, and all additional inquiries?
    I like neat cars.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Quote Originally Posted by 90_Shelby View Post
    Instead of maintaining your vacation inquiries in one simple thread, can you please start new threads for any, and all additional inquiries?
    Ballers only for that.

Speaking of ballers, everyone should know my advice is strictly low class. The more I like it, usually the lower class it is.

My Ride
    Pt Cruiser

Cabo or bust.

Seriously

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

For LA... rent a motorcycle, cuts down traffic by an insane amount since you can lane split... plus canyons... mmm... canyons

Last 4 day thing I did down there was; day of canyons, fancy night out (nobu), Venice day with in n out stop, then down to La Jolla, dinner, surf the next day, food, and more food, then massage the next day and fly out and some big ass Dutch baby pancake things
    Last edited by ercchry; 10-09-2019 at 06:26 PM.

My Ride
    Ralli Machine

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    Ballers only for that.

Speaking of ballers, everyone should know my advice is strictly low class. The more I like it, usually the lower class it is.
    Why do you think I always ask you?!? Haha. I'd rather 5 low class trips than 1 baller trip.

Quote Originally Posted by BavarianBeast View Post
    Cabo or bust.

Seriously
    We looked at it might be our February break trip.

Quote Originally Posted by 90_Shelby View Post
    I am sort of known for lots of random threads. I guess I do have a reputation to uphold.

Quote Originally Posted by ercchry View Post
    For LA... rent a motorcycle, cuts down traffic by an insane amount since you can lane split... plus canyons... mmm... canyons

Last 4 day thing I did down there was; day of canyons, fancy night out (nobu), Venice day with in n out stop, then down to La Jolla, dinner, surf the next day, food, and more food, then massage the next day and fly out and some big ass Dutch baby pancake things
    Decent idea actually. Wife might kybosh the bikes though since she is still in the 'OMG what if both of us die, who will take care of the kids' mentality. Any suggestions on hotels or AirBNB's? Feel free to text me. # is the same but no more whatsapp.
    Last edited by The Cosworth; 10-10-2019 at 07:05 AM.
    Cos...

My Ride
    Ralli Machine

Sooo..... for reasons we actually can't leave Canada until 2020.

Anyone have Canadian suggestions? Really all I can think of is like Tofino / Victoria.
    Cos...

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Tofino is neat in the winter, but cool and rainy and stormy. You'd better like sitting inside by the fireplace and looking out the window.
    Victoria is much drier.

My Ride
    Ralli Machine

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    Tofino is neat in the winter, but cool and rainy and stormy. You'd better like sitting inside by the fireplace and looking out the window.
    Victoria is much drier.
    Actually we found a cabin at just at the Pacific Rim Park with a hot tub and walking distance to Ucuelet. So going to try that out. Definitely not the 'warm' vacation I originally expected but seeing the storm surges will be cool I think.
    Cos...

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cosworth View Post
    Actually we found a cabin at just at the Pacific Rim Park with a hot tub and walking distance to Ucuelet. So going to try that out. Definitely not the 'warm' vacation I originally expected but seeing the storm surges will be cool I think.
    I really like Ucluelet. And I like their winter weather just fine. A hot tub makes it all work out great. I stayed right by big beach once, great spot. It's a good pace of life out there.

My Ride
    Pt Cruiser

I would highly recommend Sunshine Coast if you enjoy Tofino/Ucuelet area.

Same shit (minus the storms), much quieter, cheaper and easier to get to.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast