Quantcast
What value does a realtor add? (split) - Page 3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: What value does a realtor add? (split)

My Ride
    Pipe

The only value a house jockey ('Realtor') provides is access to recent comparable sales.

Most will be willing to provide these to you at no cost or obligation to use them. They'll also set you up for daily updates specific to your criteria for a given area showing new listings, sales, price reductions, etc. All it takes is a phone call.

You should never rely on someone whose sole motivation is to make a sale to advise you on price. These primitive creatures simply collude with the opposing Jockey and play both parties to the middle to close the deal, buy a new paisley shirt and then repeat.

Do your own research, educate yourself on the market and be firm on what you believe value to be. Remember, the House Jockey has no pride and will bend to the will of the party that firmer in their position.

One lesser known piece of info for those looking to purchase a house:

There is an exemption for lawyers which allows them to collect a buyers brokerage fee when acting as the buyer representative in a transaction. Pay them the $1000 to do your closing docs, tell them that you'd like to name them in the PSA as the buyers rep and get a fee acknowledgement signed by selling House Jockey that the Lawyer is to receive the buyers commission. On closing, the buyers fee can then be applied toward the purchase price, effectively reducing your cost of the home.

If your lawyer won't do this for you, you've got the wrong lawyer. Worst case scenario offer a small portion of the buyers fee to them for any extra leg work involved (none).

But how do I get access to a house I am interested in purchasing? Call the listing Jockey, either they or one of their underlings not yet cut out for full paisley shirt (they are still training in burgundy dress shirt, bold statement ties and 2 day stubble) will be dispatched to let you in. Be prepared to be pitched on them acting as your buyers rep, you can politely decline.

Good luck out there. With time, the egregious fees will be compressed and a more efficient market will emerge.

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Do Realtors working for a buyer actually look for properties anymore or do they setup a mailing list and you go look at what makes it through the filters?
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    M5 Competition

Quote Originally Posted by Misterman View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Why would anyone worry about confirming their identity one time so they can go view 100 houses if they want? No to the fee, but if I was selling my home I'd be a hell of a lot more inclined to pay a 100$ fee to some company that tracks peoples entrance and insures my stuff, as opposed to letting dozens of strangers waltz through my house unattended.

I'm not sure you know how things like Uber or Airbnb work? The tenant or passenger does not pay a fee. The home owner or driver pay the fee for access to clients.
    I’m pretty sure I pay an Uber drive to get me from point A to B.

I’m also pretty sure I have to pay to use the Airbnb condo.

As for you selling your home, you have the ability to list it yourself.

I for one would never let someone into my house who wasn’t licensed and insured.

My Ride
    M5 Competition

Quote Originally Posted by msommers View Post
    Do Realtors working for a buyer actually look for properties anymore or do they setup a mailing list and you go look at what makes it through the filters?
    I preview homes for serious buyers as well as knock on doors for my builders.

I think it’s necessary.

My Ride
    M5 Competition

Quote Originally Posted by Cash Money Hoes View Post
    The only value a house jockey ('Realtor') provides is access to recent comparable sales.

Most will be willing to provide these to you at no cost or obligation to use them. They'll also set you up for daily updates specific to your criteria for a given area showing new listings, sales, price reductions, etc. All it takes is a phone call.

You should never rely on someone whose sole motivation is to make a sale to advise you on price. These primitive creatures simply collude with the opposing Jockey and play both parties to the middle to close the deal, buy a new paisley shirt and then repeat.

Do your own research, educate yourself on the market and be firm on what you believe value to be. Remember, the House Jockey has no pride and will bend to the will of the party that firmer in their position.

One lesser known piece of info for those looking to purchase a house:

There is an exemption for lawyers which allows them to collect a buyers brokerage fee when acting as the buyer representative in a transaction. Pay them the $1000 to do your closing docs, tell them that you'd like to name them in the PSA as the buyers rep and get a fee acknowledgement signed by selling House Jockey that the Lawyer is to receive the buyers commission. On closing, the buyers fee can then be applied toward the purchase price, effectively reducing your cost of the home.

If your lawyer won't do this for you, you've got the wrong lawyer. Worst case scenario offer a small portion of the buyers fee to them for any extra leg work involved (none).

But how do I get access to a house I am interested in purchasing? Call the listing Jockey, either they or one of their underlings not yet cut out for full paisley shirt (they are still training in burgundy dress shirt, bold statement ties and 2 day stubble) will be dispatched to let you in. Be prepared to be pitched on them acting as your buyers rep, you can politely decline.

Good luck out there. With time, the egregious fees will be compressed and a more efficient market will emerge.
    Sounds like you have a lot of time on your hands haha.

My clients have full time jobs, families, hobbies, they don’t have the time to do the jockey work, they would prefer the jockey to do it.

You should become a realtor, with all the time it seems you have, you would make a killing.

My Ride
    Pipe

Quote Originally Posted by 89coupe View Post
    Sounds like you have a lot of time on your hands haha.

My clients have full time jobs, families, hobbies, they donÂ’t have the time to do the jockey work, they would prefer the jockey to do it.

You should become a realtor, with all the time it seems you have, you would make a killing.
    If spending time to act in ones self interest when making the largest purchase of an individuals life is beneath them, they deserve you and your conflict ridden industry, designed to extract their hard earned $$$.

I do have lots of time to use as I see fit. Time is the most precious commodity. I'm lucky to have the time and freedom to focus on things that are important to me and my family and not to a client who won't remember me tomorrow.

You make it sound like being busy doing others bidding is a badge of honor and something to work toward. I'm sure you derive immense satisfaction from your work, good on you.

On another note, for those are their that are looking for freedom, to be your own boss, earn what you want in an exciting new market, I'm looking for more down lines. Please PM me. Opportunities are limited.

My Ride
    M5 Competition

Quote Originally Posted by Cash Money Hoes View Post
    If spending time to act in ones self interest when making the largest purchase of an individuals life is beneath them, they deserve you and your conflict ridden industry, designed to extract their hard earned $$$.

I do have lots of time to use as I see fit. Time is the most precious commodity. I'm lucky to have the time and freedom to focus on things that are important to me and my family and not to a client who won't remember me tomorrow.

You make it sound like being busy doing others bidding is a badge of honor and something to work toward. I'm sure you derive immense satisfaction from your work, good on you.

On another note, for those are their that are looking for freedom, to be your own boss, earn what you want in an exciting new market, I'm looking for more down lines. Please PM me. Opportunities are limited.
    Sounds like you have it all figured out. Enjoy!

My Ride
    Pipe

But seriously, have you heard about the healing power of essential oils?

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

I bet he builds his own house by hand too, I mean it’s the biggest purchase in your life why leave that up to some hokey house builder.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    *The First*

Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    I bet he builds his own house by hand too, I mean it’s the biggest purchase in your life why leave that up to some hokey house builder.
    "Jockey" was the consistently used nom de choice for demeaning value.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Quote Originally Posted by ThePenIsMightier View Post
    "Jockey" was the consistently used nom de choice for demeaning value.
    My bad lol
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    SL550, P100DL, F-450, FIAT

I find that a realtor adds a $30,000 cost to most house sales that I do.

#greatdeal
    #fullregrets
    #yayforspendingmoney
    Professionally Retired

My Ride
    *The First*

Quote Originally Posted by KPHMPH View Post
    I find that a realtor adds a $30,000 cost to most house sales that I do.

#greatdeal
    #fullregrets
    #yayforspendingmoney
    Is this what the kids call "flexing" about $657k houses and, for some reason, many of them?

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePenIsMightier View Post
    Is this what the kids call "flexing" about $657k houses and, for some reason, many of them?
    He's done some real estate investing and flipping. Wasn't a flex.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    *The First*

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    He's done some real estate investing and flipping. Wasn't a flex.
    Ah, that makes more sense. I want really accusing him, I just didn't know the back story and it seemed like an odd post without the back story.

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

Between sales and purchases, the insight and industry experience that my realtor of choice (Jordan) has provided... even after commissions is a net 6-figure amount that I wouldn’t have done on my own. Don’t hate the player, hate the game

It’s funny.

I’ve seen hundreds of listings by owner, and low commission platforms and 99% of them are garbage. Priced too high, filthy, difficult to book, uneducated, the list goes on.

All the power to anyone wanting to sell on their own.
    I find it amusing when a realtor gets offended when people dont agree with their monopoly/costs to use. I've worked with 200+ realtors and would maybe use 3 or 4 to sell my own property.

Why is it every realtor can trash their competition making it seem like they somehow are better? Every realtor has better photos, better pricing, more social media, every realtor knows the market better and the list goes on and on.

If I took a random sampling of 20 listings there would be all the same issues you mentioned on 15 of them.

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by ercchry View Post
    Between sales and purchases, the insight and industry experience that my realtor of choice (Jordan) has provided... even after commissions is a net 6-figure amount that I wouldn’t have done on my own. Don’t hate the player, hate the game
    I've said it before and I'll say it again: Jordan is the ONE SINGLE exception I've seen.

I haven't got much skin in this game as we've been in out current home for 23 years and we did use a realtor because we didn't have the time to do the required legwork nor teach ourselves about such.

There's probably many people like us, willing to pay for a realtor for their services and knowledge because it is not our area of expertise not do we care it to be our area of expertise. A lot of people will still go into a dealership to buy a car and don't mind the whole auto sales experience, others don't, neither is right or wrong.
    Will fuck off, again.

My Ride
    M5 Competition

Quote Originally Posted by gwill View Post
    I find it amusing when a realtor gets offended when people dont agree with their monopoly/costs to use. I've worked with 200+ realtors and would maybe use 3 or 4 to sell my own property.

Why is it every realtor can trash their competition making it seem like they somehow are better? Every realtor has better photos, better pricing, more social media, every realtor knows the market better and the list goes on and on.

If I took a random sampling of 20 listings there would be all the same issues you mentioned on 15 of them.
    I’m not offended, I’m quite amused, I’m just stating facts.

Numbers don’t lie.

If a person is willing to take the time and do the leg work to save themselves a bunch of money, all the power to you.

I’m just saying, most don’t.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast