Quantcast
What value does a realtor add? (split) - Page 6 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 5 6

Thread: What value does a realtor add? (split)

Quote Originally Posted by jwslam View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Good photos help traffic but my main desire would be for every listing to have a floor plan
    We're shopping right now, and I find you see that a lot with new builds, but almost never with older homes. Or, if the house is for sale but not finished being built yet, they usually include a floor plan there as well.

My Ride
    is pretty sharp lookin'

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    We're shopping right now, and I find you see that a lot with new builds, but almost never with older homes. Or, if the house is for sale but not finished being built yet, they usually include a floor plan there as well.
    Also kinda shopping now.
    The virtual dollhouse is kinda trippy
    https://my.matterport.com/show/?m=KRv79bwNxw3
    https://my.matterport.com/show/?m=uWkiSXFX44e
    https://my.matterport.com/show/?m=uxhVQxvmSfM
    https://my.matterport.com/show/?m=bTtkauLvFAP

Ones like these are awesome
    https://youriguide.com/80_edgeridge_view_nw_calgary_ab
    https://youriguide.com/18_hidden_cre..._nw_calgary_ab

And then some runner-ups like this where there's 360s of some rooms so you can kinda figure out the cooridors
    http://www.myvisuallistings.com/pfs/284884

The ones that make a youtube video, and all it is is a slideshow of the pics... like why?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3QwDYMZH8fE
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWHfpqxJSz8&t=5s

The 3D tours are cool - I think I prefer the second type as well rather than the doll house style. Most places we've looked at definitely do not have those.

The YouTube video where they just zoom out of every photos looks tacky IMO. All it does is take 10X as long to look at the exact same photos you can view in a gallery.

The dollhouse type tour usually costs around $300-500 which is most likely why so few people do it.

The dollhouse type tour usually costs around $300-500 which is most likely why so few people do it.
    It's funny you say that the cost is what prohibits people doing it. When honestly that is a great value in comparison to paying a Realtor 15 grand to hire the same photographers to come do the 3d photography.

Quote Originally Posted by Misterman View Post
    It's funny you say that the cost is what prohibits people doing it. When honestly that is a great value in comparison to paying a Realtor 15 grand to hire the same photographers to come do the 3d photography.
    All of these services are amazing value when trying to sell even a moderately expensive home. Even staging at $1000/mo is a good value depending on the home but that is even more rare. It's just an extension of the conversation above about photos, they cost $150-200 for most homes and a lot of realtors/sellers won't even do it for $1M+ homes. If they won't even do that, they sure as hell aren't paying for 3D tours or staging haha.

My Ride
    M5 Competition

Here is a great Realtor story of my own.

I listed my clients home, hand held them through the staging process, even helped with moving shit for them, Wife travelled and Husband worked full-time and looked after two kids. Not a ton of time for them. Got the place looking like a show home, professionally photographed it, measurements, 2D floor plans, 3D tour, fancy 8 page brochures, FB marketing, IG marketing, open house every weekend, the works!

Closed in 91 days for 95% of list, we listed a little higher then suggested. Double ended the deal (I brought the buyer), gave the buyers commission back to the seller (I’m an awesome realtor), listed the buyers home, closed in 12 days for 98% of list, listed exactly for what I suggested.

Everyone super happy!

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Quote Originally Posted by 89coupe View Post
    Here is a great Realtor story of my own.

I listed my clients home, hand held them through the staging process, even helped with moving shit for them, Wife travelled and Husband worked full-time and looked after two kids. Not a ton of time for them. Got the place looking like a show home, professionally photographed it, measurements, 2D floor plans, 3D tour, fancy 8 page brochures, FB marketing, IG marketing, open house every weekend, the works!

Closed in 91 days for 95% of list, we listed a little higher then suggested. Double ended the deal (I brought the buyer), gave the buyers commission back to the seller (I’m an awesome realtor), listed the buyers home, closed in 12 days for 98% of list, listed exactly for what I suggested.

Everyone super happy!
    I think you'd agree that you are not an "average" realtor, and you may even agree that this isn't an "average" transaction. You may be great, you may even be good value.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Starting to see it more and more though with older homes. Maybe not 100% to scale, but a good layout none the less.

A semi-detached home from 89Coupe (hahahaha)
    My Ride
    A Gallardo from SDS (hahahaha)

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    I think you'd agree that you are not an "average" realtor, and you may even agree that this isn't an "average" transaction. You may be great, you may even be good value.
    What is that saying? "If you're great at something, never do it for free"?

j/k 89coupe

My Ride
    is pretty sharp lookin'

Quote Originally Posted by you&me View Post
    What is that saying? "If you're great at something, never do it for free"?
    Dang. And we get so much for free from eXtrAslOw around here...

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Quote Originally Posted by jwslam View Post
    Dang. And we get so much for free from eXtrAslOw around here...
    You guys pay me in love.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

Quote Originally Posted by sabad66 View Post
    i'm totally on board with needing to go with a licensed realtor for a viewing. It would be a shitshow if any person off the street can book a showing and enter any home that is listed for sale.

Sure not all realtors are perfect, but the licensing and background check is at least a decent layer of security.
    I have had my home on the market for 6 weeks. I would be comfortable allowing an interested buyer through. It's really no different than a 1-hour Air BnB appointment, is it? There is a local start-up (www.bodecanada.com) that is working on a solution - essentially a peer-to-peer real estate platform.

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

Quote Originally Posted by codyinyyc View Post
    It's really no different than a 1-hour Air BnB appointment, is it?
    Wait, you can book an Airbnb for one hour and it's different than 1 night?
    I'm sure there are certain people interested in that

Quote Originally Posted by codyinyyc View Post
    I have had my home on the market for 6 weeks. I would be comfortable allowing an interested buyer through. It's really no different than a 1-hour Air BnB appointment, is it? There is a local start-up (www.bodecanada.com) that is working on a solution - essentially a peer-to-peer real estate platform.
    So would I, there is no difference. Our house is for sale right now and we have come home to find: shower curtain hanging on the ground with all but 1 rung unlatched (there's about 30 rungs), every bottle of shampoo etc. knocked down into the tub, every bed in the house messed up (Wtf are you doing on other people's beds during a showing?) and the filter for the vent fan under our microwave (held in place with strong clip) on the ground with a note saying it "fell out". We also had to clean grease off the carpet from people not removing their shoes. The fact that a realtor is with them means absolutely nothing, and if there are kids that come along to the showing, you know they aren't being supervised either.

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

So would I, there is no difference. Our house is for sale right now and we have come home to find: shower curtain hanging on the ground with all but 1 rung unlatched (there's about 30 rungs), every bottle of shampoo etc. knocked down into the tub, every bed in the house messed up (Wtf are you doing on other people's beds during a showing?) and the filter for the vent fan under our microwave (held in place with strong clip) on the ground with a note saying it "fell out". We also had to clean grease off the carpet from people not removing their shoes. The fact that a realtor is with them means absolutely nothing, and if there are kids that come along to the showing, you know they aren't being supervised either.
    This all goes back to what I posted on page 1. The selling realtor should just do the walkthroughs. They would be a sole contact responsible for the house, they can ensure rules (like removing shoes are followed) and they would actually know about the house and the location to try and sell it. They are already getting a 10k$ commission, they should be able to allocate time for walkthroughs or at least just have an assistant from their office do it.

In terms of hiding issues about the house, an inspection and condo lawyer reviewing the reserve fund (if applicable) should be able to find most issues.

Quote Originally Posted by pheoxs View Post
    This all goes back to what I posted on page 1. The selling realtor should just do the walkthroughs. They would be a sole contact responsible for the house, they can ensure rules (like removing shoes are followed) and they would actually know about the house and the location to try and sell it. They are already getting a 10k$ commission, they should be able to allocate time for walkthroughs or at least just have an assistant from their office do it.

In terms of hiding issues about the house, an inspection and condo lawyer reviewing the reserve fund (if applicable) should be able to find most issues.
    I really just wish I could show the home to people. I live there, know all the history and can answer any question they have, preventing wrong assumptions from being made. I get that you can't really discuss things openly and honestly with the seller present (no different than being in a car with a salesman I suppose), but you can have that conversation after you've left. And like you say, if they need to verify anything I said, a third party inspection is going to happen anyway. The buying realtor, who knows literally nothing about the house, is the last person I want answering potential buyer questions because one wrong assumption (of which there have been many) and it turns the sellers off.

Quote Originally Posted by pheoxs View Post

This is what makes sense in the real world. But in reality I think this violates some realtor rules of ethics(HA!) by having the selling realtor be in contact with a potential buyer that is already represented by another realtor.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 5 6