Quantcast
Purchasing Car parts Out of province via Kijiji - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Purchasing Car parts Out of province via Kijiji

My Ride
    Ram 1500, '68 Camaro, S14

Default Purchasing Car parts Out of province via Kijiji

Anyone done this? how do you make sure you're not going to get stiffed? Paypal?

Want something from Ontario, never done this before any insight appreciated. Already done some digging, ad's legit, guy selling emails from his work email and his info is in the signature haha, so it was easy to find info..

My Ride
    93 240sx SE, 17 Infiniti Q50S, 2008 Highlander

Something about don't send the money as a gift on Paypal as you have no recourse that way.
    Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    You know those bored stay at home moms who's entire lives revolve around driving their kids to soccer, various cleaning accessories, and worrying about neighbourhood rapists? The kind of people that watch the View and go "uh huh..." Those unfulfilled people who try to fill the void in their empty lives by writing whiny letters to the editor complaining about shit that no one really cares about?

Well imagine if instead of writing that letter to the editor, she just posts on a car forum for car enthusiasts. That's Kritafo.

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

No there is no real recourse unless you use a 3rd party. I've SOLD items like this about 4x the last 5 years ok kijiji (car parts) - people are trusting and I believe in karma.

PayPal but make sure you use Goods and Services (not friends and family). There's a fee for the seller when you use G&S, but at least it protects both sides.

My Ride
    (maah raahde)

I've bought and sold photography equipment, guitar gear, motorcycle parts, bicycle parts, and a bunch of other things and never had a problem. If their account and details check out, go for it.

My Ride
    changes every year

I took a gamble and bought Disneyland tickets from.Ontario kijiji and it turned out legit. Saved $600. Due diligence is all you need, ask alot of questions and make sure they're good answers.

My Ride
    *The First*

Quote Originally Posted by JfuckinC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Anyone done this? how do you make sure you're not going to get stiffed? Paypal?

Want something from Ontario, never done this before any insight appreciated. Already done some digging, ad's legit, guy selling emails from his work email and his info is in the signature haha, so it was easy to find info..
    I wouldn't...
    But... Consider if Seller is cool with sharing the risk. You pay 75% now and 25% after receipt, or something along those lines.
    How much we talkin bout? Less than $1,000?

My Ride
    Ram 1500, '68 Camaro, S14

Canada post does “COD” charge on delivery, might just do that. Only costs $7.50 and their shipping is cheaper than UPS/FedEx

My Ride
    *The First*

Quote Originally Posted by JfuckinC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Canada post does “COD” charge on delivery, might just do that. Only costs $7.50 and their shipping is cheaper than UPS/FedEx
    Wow, that's a good idea!

My Ride
    992 T-hawk Golf R

I just bought winter tires and rims for my Jeep out of Ontario off of Kijiji. I got the guys full name and phone number, talked to him on the phone and googled him to get a feel for the guy. I then e-transferred him and he shipped them out. I definitely rolled the dice a bit but it worked out and I got a smokin’ deal on OEM wheels and like new Nokians just in time for the snow storm.
    I like neat cars.

My Ride
    Has wheels

Almost got burned buying raptors tickets but used PayPal, so I was able to get my money back after some back and forth.

Other than that, no experience. Due diligence like everyone has said would be most important.

Ok tickets to sit with Drake or Mickey Mouse is a lot different than car parts. I find if they're older, collector cars, guys help you out and aren't out to screw you on a hard to find car part.

My Ride
    Mazda 3

I've done it a few times via EMT but all the transactions have been under $1000. The one that was more I had a relative/friend go check it first and have them ship it to me if that's an option for you.

Reason I use EMT is because I feel the seller would be more willing to ship something out of province. But it does come at a higher risk for you.

If your gut tells you it's legitimate you should be fine. If you have ANY doubts then I would stay away.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info