Quantcast
need help to get rid of fruit fly, as after I sealed the windows, no difference - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: need help to get rid of fruit fly, as after I sealed the windows, no difference

Quote Originally Posted by Swank View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We just had an influx of fruit flies in our house on the weekend, the apple vinegar cider is doing a great job although there really aren't many in the traps after 3 days (maybe 15), but we don't see them on the windows or walls anymore so we're pleased with the results.
    is there anything at your house that attracts them to come in? If not, what do you think attract them to come in? also, is your windows close? if so, how do you think they got in?

My Ride
    2018 Civic Si coupe

Quote Originally Posted by happy hopping View Post
    is there anything at your house that attracts them to come in? If not, what do you think attract them to come in? also, is your windows close? if so, how do you think they got in?
    I think it was the change in weather, saw tons of them outside over summer (due to an apparent lady bug shortage) and now it got cold fast so they've snuck in somehow. Probably came in through the patio doors when I was BBQing and opening and closing the screen so much on the weekend. The real kicker was I opened the lid to our compost bin and it released tons in the house. I emptied that right away and will use the garburator for a while until I'm sure they're exterminated.

My Ride
    Pt Cruiser

Grow some mycelium in sugarwater and straw. The insects will feed off it, and explode with mycelium.

https://calgary.ctvnews.ca/aphid-inv...erts-1.4579851

so turns out they are aphid. The photo in that link is the very same at the front windows.

I now know there is no egg nest at my house. Because I vacuum them at 2 pm, then at 4 and 6 pm. There is no insect that can grow that fast. Ea. vacuum about 150 of them. My concern is that they sit at the water bowl of my pet, and I have to clean the water bowl every few hr. and I don't know what happen if they drink the water w/ 1 or 2 aphid in it

I don't understand why I haven't never seen them in the past 20+ yr. Why now

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Yeah. That makes more sense, since fruit flies don't come in from the yard in large numbers. That description fits aphids much better.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2