Quantcast
Things to do in Prague - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Things to do in Prague

My Ride
    2015 IS350 F Sport

Default Things to do in Prague

Had an extra week of holiday to burn up and wanted to do a quick trip. I'm already going to Mexico over Christmas and I've had my fill of the US over the last two years.

Was talking to a buddy about going somewhere on his passes. Tokyo was the first choice but business class wasn't available so Prague it is!

Prague for 6 days. Single guys weekend. Any suggestions of must things to do? Heading out on Oct 30th.
    "if you disagree with my views are cannot adequately my criticism then ignore my posts." - Nusc

Some comments from when I was there at the same time of year:

1) Do the "Taste of Prague" food tour and do it early so you have time to go back to some places if you want: https://www.tasteofprague.com/ Food/beer there is amazing overall.
    2) Go to Dish Burger (best burgers I've personally ever had, YMMV)
    3) Watch as many "Honest Prague Guide" videos on YouTube as you can so you are aware of all the scams, many of them to do with Taxis and currency conversion. Lots of other excellent tips in there too.
    4) DO NOT under any circumstances use a Taxi. Uber or public transportation only.
    5) We enjoyed Truffle sniffing dog tour that included cool demonstrations and ended with truffle pasta - booked on AirBnb. Very unique tour.
    6) Have gelato every day
    7) Take a peddle boat out on the river downtown
    8) Other than that, you will have plenty to walk around and see in the old city center
    9) We saw lots of "adult" activities a group of single guys might be into haha, so it's there if you want it. I can't comment on night life or anything like that.

You might not need a full 6 days there so if you're looking for day trips:

1) Sedlec Ossuary
    2) Český Krumlov
    3) Karlstejn castle

I was there as a couple, so I understand all those suggestions might not apply for a guys trip but that's what we liked.

Had perhaps the best meal of my life at this place about 6 or 7 years ago when they first opened washed down with a czech pilsner. Drink lots of beer. Czech beer is second only to Belgian stuff IMO.

https://sansho.cz/

My Ride
    Lariat 2.7 & StreetTriple R

Yep Czechvar/Budvar is unbelievable beer - don't let the Budweiser name fool you as it's on a different planet than the american shit.

I'd say Mitsu's list is pretty damn good. The castle and cathedral up on the hill near the city center (Pražský hrad) is worth the trek. The town square is quite something as well. I went to the Ossuary with a group and it was very very cool.

Avoid having a car for the city days - you basically walk everywhere in the city.

My Ride
    LNF

Definitely check out Lokál for a simple czech meal and amazing beer.