Quantcast
Formula 1 - Japan 2019 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Formula 1 - Japan 2019

My Ride
    2020 Subaru Forester Sport

Default Formula 1 - Japan 2019

Surprised there isn't a post about this. Anyone know where to watch the qualification online? I don't know if TSN will show it on one of their 5 TSN channels...or if they will just continue to show same shit on multiple channels. Really want to watch this so an online stream will do

My Ride

NVM first site I tried on google worked.

https://www.strikeout.nu/fia-formula...f1-gp-stream-1

What a weird mistake by Kubica.

Edit: same spot for the Haas.
    Last edited by phreezee; 10-12-2019 at 08:24 PM.

TSN has it on one of their bonus web based channels you can watch through their app.

Albon is officially as fast as Max! Kvyat didn't do well for his case next year.

My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by cet View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    TSN has it on one of their bonus web based channels you can watch through their app.
    Thanks found it. Seems to be full of commercials compared to the illegal stream. Haven't seen any F1 on there yet...Skysports HD channel has coverage right this moment right until the race, guessing TSN won't start until 9:30 again.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Always entertaining when Ferrari manages to fuck themselves. Excellent race, great strategy, great passing.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

Seems like there are 2 version of Bottas - 'fuck you all, im going to win' and the 'wingman' version - where, even before the race, was asked to perform the specific role.

Nice, Leclerc drops to 7th after 15s penalty.

https://www.skysports.com/f1/news/12...tgqnQ5lAHwSIIk

Haha, Bottas flips the "Valteri, it's James" meme. Robottas has become self aware!

My Ride
    Lariat 2.7 & StreetTriple R

Quote Originally Posted by phreezee View Post
    What a weird mistake by Kubica.

Edit: same spot for the Haas.
    The wind was insanely gusty after the typhoon and was a tailwind at that spot. Surprised only a few crashed there to be honest.

My Ride

Well that was one hell of a weekend. Had to get out of dodge last minute to avoid a Cat 5 Typhoon. Glad we did or else we would have never made the race on sunday (trains etc were all shut down sat).

Made it to the track a bit later in qualy due to backlog of trains and people getting to the track. From what I could see the Ferraris had some incredible speed on the straights. I ended up in the Honda Seats for the race - near turn 2 as it goes into the esses. Saw Max going sideways - it seemed as if he had gotten squeezed out from our angle so we had no idea on the Leclerc contact till after. Real cool spot with lots of overtakes right in front. Those car are much louder in person than TV (obviously) but they dont really compare to the V8's of early 2010's. Nothing beats smelling the race fuel and burnt tires after someone locks up. Oh and we had close seats to the Perez crash.

The Japanese sure know how to dress for the occasion - The amount of costumes and differing support for teams was really cool (Kimi had a ton of supporters funny enough). Full army of Ferrari samurais, DRS helmets, fully kitted impersonations with matching helmet and all.

Shame the start ruined a bunch of driver's races but looking back at it I think Charles got caught out by the lack of downforce following Vettel and lost control of the car. I think the punishment fit the bill.

All in all an unforgettable weekend to cap off the trip.

My Ride
    2021 Zonda CRV

Quote Originally Posted by OTown View Post
    Well that was one hell of a weekend. Had to get out of dodge last minute to avoid a Cat 5 Typhoon. Glad we did or else we would have never made the race on sunday (trains etc were all shut down sat).

Made it to the track a bit later in qualy due to backlog of trains and people getting to the track. From what I could see the Ferraris had some incredible speed on the straights. I ended up in the Honda Seats for the race - near turn 2 as it goes into the esses. Saw Max going sideways - it seemed as if he had gotten squeezed out from our angle so we had no idea on the Leclerc contact till after. Real cool spot with lots of overtakes right in front. Those car are much louder in person than TV (obviously) but they dont really compare to the V8's of early 2010's. Nothing beats smelling the race fuel and burnt tires after someone locks up. Oh and we had close seats to the Perez crash.

The Japanese sure know how to dress for the occasion - The amount of costumes and differing support for teams was really cool (Kimi had a ton of supporters funny enough). Full army of Ferrari samurais, DRS helmets, fully kitted impersonations with matching helmet and all.

Shame the start ruined a bunch of driver's races but looking back at it I think Charles got caught out by the lack of downforce following Vettel and lost control of the car. I think the punishment fit the bill.

All in all an unforgettable weekend to cap off the trip.
    This is awesome.

How was the atmosphere and what was the food like?
    May I ask the overall cost?

My Ride
    Grimace

Worst TSN ever with the double commercials with race audio

My Ride
    Toyota Christopher Lambert

I gave up watching races on TSN, the commercials ruin everything. Went back to using streams from reddit.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

I’ve been watching on ESPN. Fully commercial free. Went on vacation for this race and watched on TSN. First off hotel only had TSN1 why the fuck are they playing sport center instead? 5 TSN channels let’s play it on 3 and 5. Then the double PIP commercial made me want to throw the iPad I was watching on against the wall. Realizing they fucked up, let’s just play commercials instead. Holy fucking amateur hour.

The best was the commercial break that missed out on what felt like 2 mins of pit radio from Hamilton. On the bright side it was entertaining speculating what what was discussed in our chat.
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    3.5L 7th Gen Accord

Any news about what is going on at Renault? Tried to goggle it and didn't seem to come up with anything? Just a bunch of speculation of what is going on, and then that some teams believe that the Ferrari has an intentional oil leak on the turbo to allow the oil to get into the combustion chamber.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Renault, no details yet. Just a protest with a 12 page dossier that was supposed to be heard this week (or was it next?). Anyways no updates, what we know is that in involves an automatic brake bias adjustment system.

Ferrari, 2 things being asked for clarification. The oil leak getting into combustion has been around for a long time. There's ALWAYS going to be leaks, so FIA has limited how much oil can be used per session/race. They're introducing the leak at the intercooler which is thought to be more efficient, and breaks a rule about that oil aiding the combustion process. The second clarification is with it's ERS system. Ferrari adopted some sort of a double battery system that is thought to be able to bypass the energy limit of ERS. That was being asked by Mercedes, but no official protests at all.

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

How on earth would other teams learn about something like an automatic brake bias system? Did someone narc?

You cant just watch the cars on the track to conclude about something like that .

My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by tonytiger55 View Post
    This is awesome.

How was the atmosphere and what was the food like?
    May I ask the overall cost?
    Atmosphere was pretty awesome. I sat in the Honda seats so was surrounded by Red Bull/TR fans. Nice bonus with those seats you get some free merch (hat & flag). Tons of foreigners as far as I could tell - Not sure if it was because of the Rugby World Cup increased that or not (I know lots of people travel to see F1). Crowds were pretty enthusiastic and anytime something notable happened you could hear the crowd groaning or cheering in unison. It was pretty funny how everyone was cheering anytime something bad happened to Hamilton. Seems like Leclerc was pretty popular with the crowds too.

Food at the track was decent and ok priced (5-10$). Lots of choice but from what I saw not the biggest portions (most of Japanese cuisine is smaller than north american portion sizes). Draft beer at the track was around 700yen so 8-9$.

Its hard to say a number because we had been there already for other reasons. F1 tickets in C block with decent seats were around $370. Flights were roughly 1000-1200$ depending on seat sale. If you plan ahead you can probably get an airbnb for pretty cheap in Nagoya. Trains around there are incredibly efficient and cost around 20$ to get to the track. Merch etc was a bit expensive but cheaper than online.